Rejected make Hacking 1st offense global perma

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by veL, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veL

veL VIP

thnx

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

wheres my thread

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

if not first then second.... age old question: why let people purposefully ruining the game to come back?

4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

if they are hacking just to hack, yes, but if they actually have time on the server, make it 3rd offense

This post will singlehandedly make me the most disliked person

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. thog

thog VIP

why does time matter they're literally ruining the game on purpose

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

that is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever read

you gonna let them get away with hacking 3 times????? just because they have hours on the server????

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

When people hack, they hack on purpose to troll and be toxic. If they try to hide their hacks, they are trying to be try hards, but really suck.

Either way, there's no forgiveness for hacking, 99% of hackers only play to disrupt the gameplay until they get caught..
    To appeal to the people who say they deserve a second chance;
    There's ban appeals for a reason, let them utilize the appeal section for a "second chance". Most of the times, they won't appeal at all, unless they come to be toxic on the forums as well.

If they were perma banned for hacking while they weren't hacking, then they'll have recordings to save their own tail, and whatever recording the administration member has as evidence towards the ban...again utilizing the ban appeals section.

Perma ban hackers, stop milking players that hard, Highwon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sweer

Sweer VIP

The reason we dont perma ban on first offense is because it's just literally pointless for a a lead admin or Highwon to get on for half a second to ban a FIRST OFFENSE PERMA BAN FOR FUCKING HACKING. It's reasonable to ban a guy who has 15 alt accounts maliciously getting on and causing chaos and ban all those accounts through IP. But for every account of mild or severe hacking isn't worth the time to witch hunt by a lead or Highwon. A moderator or admin can do the same job of getting them off the server, we can't prevent them from switching accounts and doing it again and if so, it warrants a serious action like a perma instead of going through all the effort of contacting highwon, and perma banning some kid who clearly didnt care about hacking on a 15 year old game. Another argument that comes up from this as well is second chances. Throughout the years, there have been countless cheaters and hackers that just wanted to try it or simply didnt care and regretted it. There are a handful of people who have hacked in the past and had served their bans and continued to play among the playerbase. It just simply makes no logical sense to go through all the effort of perma banning accounts on a first offense considering there are people who are on 5+ and thinking we have to treat them like they're the same case. This topic has sprung up time and time again and it isn't going to change. Moderators, and regular players aid in the fight against hackers all the time doing their job to rid them of the server in the way they can. If the offender chooses to come back again, whether it be serving the full length ban, or ban evading, is when we can consider someone more than a moderator to handle it the best way they can. This topic comes up time and time again, people aren't going to get perma banned for first offense hacking.

P.S: Stop making the same post every time theres a hacker without staff

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

What you are saying is:
    15 alt accounts = get banned from 1 server, go to another, because no global ban. I think it starts with 2nd offense?
    15 alt accounts = 30 bans on 2 servers.

What people want:
    15 alt accounts = 15 bans.

If they want a second chance, they can just appeal the ban, and it is up to you to decide how severe he was hacking, and how much the ban should be.

10. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I swear a new one of these pops up every week....

As long as Highwon is in charge, he's not gonna perma for hacking.

11. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Sadly this is true, if only the admins/mods would boycott, maybe then something would change. Change has to happen from the top, but it seems the top is barely on here. Like the admins/mods told me many times, the servers can run without moderation. Same concept applies to the community, it just runs. If anything burns severely, he will then get on, other than that, it just runs.
    Don't think the players will ever change that unless they find a different server to play on and then Highwon will see the community's population decline (money profits going down). Only then will he LISTEN to what the people want.
    Sad, but true. :cry:

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I used to think the same thing
    Then Highwon started changing shit again, and being hella more active.

Around June a bunch of cool staff features got added back (I think.), and in October we had an update, and we have another update now.... So don't think because you can't see what's going on doesn't mean nothing is going on from Highwon lol.
    That's dumb. They'd just get demoted and replaced in a heartbeat. Large scale demotions have happened before, and they'll probably happen again.

Bro there really isn't any solid competition to SGM, and nobody is making new, high quality, TTT servers. There's a couple "competitors", but they aren't really TTT, they're a whole other animal with the amount of modifications they have.

That happened a year ago. The server was going to shutdown, but the playerbase stuck around and thanks to things like the hacking ban revert, and the reduced extended rules (which is both a blessing and a curse...), the server was revived.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

My opinion hasn't really changed since the last time a thread like this was brought up. Hacking first bans should be globalized to mitigate damage to other servers and hacking second bans should be permanent. I feel globalized first offenses should be pushed for more as it actually gives users a better chance of using the second chance. While I'm sure the amount of evading accounts may increase slightly, I feel like banning the accounts will be of a larger benefit.

The reason I feel that hacking second should be used is not just so that users get a second chance; though I agree with the premise; it's more so about ensuring a ban is accurate. While i'm confident in my ability to identify if a user is hacking, I can't always say the same about other people. There have been various times where bans have been appealed both past and from fairly recent that either have a lack of evidence or where it becomes clear the user definitely wasn't hacking. If I had been banned wrongly from a server, I can't with confidence say I'd come back and try to appeal the ban, we'd just simply lose that user.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

2 words - No Mercy

15. anyone that uses hacks is just getting their kicks at the expense of the community. it's for that reason alone that i honestly believe it should be a permaban the first time you're caught cheating. in previous threads people have brought up that players change, hackers end up being cool dudes later on, etc. a fair solution would be to have them appeal their hacking bans. you could even implement the current ban length into the process.

banned for hacking? permabanned, and not allowed to appeal for 4 weeks. after 4 weeks? sure they can appeal, plead their case, apologize whatever. if these cheaters some of you adamantly defend are actually remorseful, let them show it before being allowed back on the servers.

if you're saying regular admin's can't permaban, the obvious solution is to just let them. ban evasion is already against the rules so i don't understand the rest of this comment.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

I came back after getting banned for "hacking." Just gave me a good chuckle - Vader being good. To fix this problem of false banning, have better admins that know what a hack is.

What I want is for Highwon to address this issue, because it does get a bit tedious.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

There is no reason for it not to be global.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The amount of alt account bans when I took over was at an all-time high and most of it could be due to the fact that we had a bunch of people banned permanently for their 2nd offense of hacking.

Hackers are a problem, yes, but permanently banning them isn't addressing the problem, because it won't get rid of them.

What would address the problem is readily available, quality, staff that can quickly collect evidence and deal out punishments. You have to be able to lessen the footprint these hackers and their alts have on the servers. Staff need to be proficient at handling these users.

The staff team has very inexperienced people handing out these bans and, instead of taking the time to show people what to look for, they get taught to just bring it to an experienced admin. It provides no growth to that person.

Grow your people. Get them to where they can be the leaders of the staff team when you're gone. Oh, and remember to hold them to a higher standard to help them get there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

Can't SGM also get a bot to detect peeps who are hacking? that could help with incidents where there aren't staff

20. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Pretty sure it's not as easy as you think to do that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.