Make AFK avoidance against the rules

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Noctorious, Jun 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

That's what I meant. Thanks for highlighting the one mistake I made in language and offering it like it's my argument.

Nobody, literally nobody is trying to say ban AFKing. You made that up.

What we are asking is that when someone uses a script to remain AFK and not be F-speced via automod, that that is against the rules.

What you said at the start of this thread is that scripting to be AFK is the same as being AFK. There was no additional context to think you meant anything else.

Now you are saying that scripting is delaying, which is what everyone else has been arguing from the start of this. That was not your original argument.

If using a script is against the rules, then clarify it in the rules so people stop scripting. You either mispresented your initial position by accident, or you've changed your position. None of this extra argument is necessary except to preserve your ego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

what punishment for "breaking this rule" are you proposing?

3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Feels a little harsh, but it's relatively hard to be a repeat offender compared to RDM or harassment, since this is a specific set of scripts that takes away the fun from staffless games

1st offense: kick
    2nd offense: 8h ban
    3rd offense: 1d ban

• Like Like x 2
  4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

X number of warnings, kicks
    tiny ban
    small ban
    medium ban
    long ban

This has devolved into a dumbshit argument because of Jabba's inconsistency and misrepresentations, but this is the opposite of a big deal. It takes virtually no staff time to recognize or address. It inconveniences players at worst. The only reason why it should ever be a ban is that it shows the player is just being an asshole.

Edit: Wink's makes more sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

only reason i have an issue on this is servers like vanilla on maps like mineshaft where the confusing layout causes hella delay. It doesnt matter if you are allowed to kill them, it still sucks fun away from the server and encourages staffless ghosting

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Using a script to avoid being AFK moved is considered Delaying. It is already punished in our rules accordingly.

There is no need to keep this going back and forth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.