Rejected Limit private channels

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Vintage, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage

Vintage VIP

I always sit in teamspeak with 1 or 2 guys, one of which is always afk, while everyone else is in a locked teamspeak channel, I think a limit on private channels should be introduced, because it's getting a little stupid when every single person has one.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

You can always poke one of the people in the channels to ask them to move you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Admin channels are locked, in case they need a private space to talk to their teams. Getting into those channels can be quite easy, just poke a channel admin or any admin, and sometimes they'll invite you to chat!

Unlocked channels: the official open channel is general chat. You can go in and speak to whoever joins :) now the main unofficial unlocked channel is Lady's Bouncy Castle. However, while the castle is temporarily deflated, Orion's Galaxy is taking its place as the hangout open to everyone. You can try making your own channel and see if anyone joins as well. The unlocked channels are up to members to create

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Limiting locked channels won't solve any problems, people will just go to an admin channel.

Also there's no reason to restrict people from making them because some people like to be able to say whatever they want with the comfort of privacy and in front of their friends without people being able to come in who might not be comfortable with the things people say.

I also don't like the idea of forcing people to include each other due to the unlocked channels. What's wrong with being able to just hang out with friends? If you want to have some friends to hang out with, make some on shoutbox/the server/other games/when they're in unlocked channels.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

This has always been a huge controversy in the community and many people have concluded that this isn't really a problem. Due to a lot of different reasons. I'm sure @Darktooth has a comment somewhere where he talks about this and gives his own thoughts and opinions.

6. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

being friends with mods/exmods is the gateway drug into locked channels

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Locked channels are the downfall of this community

@Drunk Dog

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Vintage

Vintage VIP

I mean, I've been apart of many communities, and those who always have locked channels have a lot less of a welcoming vibe, at least in my opinion.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rek

Rek Ø

While I agree, it also keeps for tighter friendships.

I remember once we were playing League in someone's locked admin channel, Sinz's I think.
    Anyways so I get this poke from someone asking "Can I join you guys?", I think I mentioned something in shoutbox about needing a 5th player.

So I asked people, "Hey can I let this guy in, I don't really know who he is since he just joined, but he seems friendly!"
    They said sure and he was moved in shortly.

He was really good at league and fun to mess with so I'm so incredibly glad he asked to play with us.
    His name is @Shadow

All you really have to do is have some admirable quality, whether it be you're funny, kind, smart, caring, good at league, etc.
    Just find something that others find attractive in this community and go with it.

Hope this helps man!

• Winner Winner x 5
  10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Learn to play League real good and you can get in that channel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

It is kind of funny how the community has changed since the creation of a team speak server; for better and worse.

Now players can easily catch a staff member to assist them on a server or even let them know not to ban them for RDM and Leave if their game crashes. Players can communicate with each other while playing other games. Staff teams can hold meetings to get points across. Training trial mods is easuser with being able to talk them through something. But it's not all good.

Players can feel less welcomed when they see a bunch of locked channels. Tell them to poke someone is a good resolve, but not a lot of people want to barge into someone else's fun, because they don't feel comfortable doing that. It's odd that those odd ones out get told to come out of their she'll by those who are comfortable mainly with that single group of friends in a locked channel. Remember when Skype was an issue? People separated in cliques so they could gossip about people or say things they probably shouldn't be saying because they were comfortable with that group. Currently you have basically the friendly clique, the meme clique, then the random game cliques; I wouldn't lump staff teams into this, however, it can sometimes seem that way.

I was once someome that pinned it on the odd guy out saying that we don't if you want to join unless you say something. The best way I can put it is that no one likes to go to parties they're uninvited to. I do think there is an issue here and not a lot of people speak up because they've seen that it makes no changes and no headway. Cliques are a real thing in this community and you can see that with the gang mentality of groups of players on the forums.

This guy just wants to see some improvements and has given one suction for the problem. Maybe we could look into other suggestions that could give a better balance for teamspeak interactions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

where my gun

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

I'll borrow one from my job, I'm sure they will lend out some c9's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

let's make teamspeak great again

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I don't think there is anything wrong with cliques and I don't think you can stop them from happening. I like to be surrounded by friends/people with the same sense of humor and if someone falls into that criteria then they can join.

16. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Explains the "Cringe Cancer Corner"

Edit: Seem's the people who i was talking about know who they are based on rating heh.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  17. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

i didnt meet my friends on ts i use ts to talk to my friends u should do the same

either that or just keep rating posts informative until somebody likes you it worked for @Mason

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. We need to do away with teamspeak anyways. Discord is better anyways. I'll go ahead and make a list so people can get a better understanding.

Teamspeak
    +large customization for channels and ranks.
    +Easily posted links inside of pictures for redirects causing it to look better.
    -Paid servers.
    -Cost money for mobile.
    -Can have lag and less quality sound.
    -IP address to join, less secure.
    -Bans can be evaded by redownloading the client.

Discord
    +joinable by a link created, VERY secure for letting people in, and people out.
    +Uses virtually no visible bandwidth.
    +Easily customizable channels and permissions.
    +Easy to use interface.
    +FREE for mobile AND PC.
    +Free servers.
    +Higher audio quality.
    +Can be used in browser.
    +You get to choose where your server is located.
    -Text to speach cannot be turned off on the server, only clientside(TTS is still WIP though)
    -In browser with a mic only functions with chrome and Firefox.
    -Servers get occasional DDOS however these do not last more than a minute of slight server lag.
    -New users sometimes have problems joing channels(Might be fixed, I have not seen this issue in awhile.)

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

The main reason why people tend to limit unlocked channels is to avoid conflicts/trolls/spammers that only log into the TeamSpeak to wreak havoc, and don't actually even play on the servers. It happens a little too often for my liking. This is why we can't have nice things :cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Just like on the servers, staff can take care of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.