Lets Talk: Killing T testers pre-round

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by robear, Apr 29, 2017.

?

Breaking T tester

1. Leave it alone, I like trolling

2. KOS it at ALL times

3. Slap a temp-ban on people who are clearly trolling and breaking the game for 30 other people.

4. Make the tester invulnerable pre-round so this is never an issue again!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robear

robear New Member

Nice can-o-worms here. Figured I would make my debut on these forums with a nice hot topic. Why in fuck is this level of trolling not a KOS-able offense(at the very least)? Breaking the game before it even starts just seems like a supreme dick move. Lets hear what some of the vets have to say about it and why.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

It's not kos-able because at the time you know they are not a traitor

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

It's obviously not KOSable because no roles have been set so there's no way to know if the player is a T or not. No matter what he does.

And I'm pretty sure if a player is doing this constantly then MAYBE they could be reported for toxic behavior and get punished (that would require some luck from the player tho, as they would have to spawn very close to the tester every round)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Traitor testers are not a key part of the game. In fact, most maps don't even have testers. And in those that do, few can be destroyed, or at the very least, destroyed pre-round.

It cannot be a KOSable offense because breaking a tester is a T act, but there are no traitors in preround, so it's uninformed to make a decision off a move committed before the round starts

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. robear

robear New Member

Should it matter if they are a T or not? breaking a health-station is traitorous, so should it be with the tester at ANY time. This is a "serious" server is it not? I say don't let people get confused about the name of the server - if they don't know what serious means - teach them. The best deterrent is one that will make people stop doing it. Also, "The rules" is why I am here. Breaking the game is stupid and ruins the fun of ~30 people. If your server isn't up for people to have fun on, what exactly is it for? Lets increase the amount of fun and leave less bridges for trolls to hide under shall we?

6. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

That analogy with the health station doesnt really work because there are no health stations in pre-round.

also I think you are a little too dependant on the tester if someone breaking it in pre-round ruins the whole game for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Isn't that the whole point of the game mode? I am a bit confused as your statement contradicts itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

The reason t- acts are traitorous is that if you don't know someone's rule you can assume that they are a T, the same reason D's are immune.

Honestly you're going about this the wrong way. Instead of trying to make it easier for players to lose karma, instead you should ask if there is a way to make testers indestructible until the round starts

• Like Like x 1
  9. robear

robear New Member

^ THIS. its probably easier than asking mods to enforce a new rule. In fact... im going to make it an option in the polls

10. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

It's a matter of time before someone fixes this.

Patient my dear.

11. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I don't even consider destroying the T tester before round start "toxic gameplay". I destroy them whenever I get the chance pre-round.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I honestly don't like people breaking testers preround but rdming isn't going to work.

13. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I don't like trolling. But I don't like the idea of T-Testers. So if I'm near enough to break it in pre-round, I do. I also rarely test during the round as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Despite how annoying it is for the tester to be destroyed, you aren't breaking any rules by doing so.

15. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Breaking a traitor tester does not break the game. With that logic, over 3/4 of maps we play are broken.

16. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

The only thing T testers are good for IMO is C4 bait. There are traps on some maps that let you rig the test results in one way or another so you cannot even fully trust the results. Breaking it pre round is a great tactic to keep the Ts from camping it to try and get easy kills.

17. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

I absolutely dislike the T tester as it ruins the immersion of the whole "who's actually trying to kill me?"

I will never test for this reason, and I love that I can not be forced to test by staff or detectives.

It's a cheap cop-out that is useless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

I would not consider breaking the tester pre-round as toxic gameplay because it is not a core feature of the game. I usually break the tester when I spawn close so that if I'm a traitor I don't need to worry about innocents proving themselves.

19. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I wouldn't consider breaking the tester "toxic gameplay". Sometimes I even break the tester during the round and make a show out of it, I say hey to the closest person and say "Do you wanna see a magic trick?" they say yes or nod their head and then I shoot the tester as I'm saying I will make the tester disappear. Some laugh at it and creates the conversation of funny things like magicians and just a conversation in general!

• Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.