Accepted Lets Fix EU (With Amr)

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Amr, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Hello SGM,

It's your favorite T-Mod here with how to fix our EU servers, and to make them better for our large EU playerbase.

First, lets look at some problems we have:

• Server is Laggy
    • Prone to DDos
    • Not up to quality with the American/Canadian servers.
    These are just some problems that EU has on serverside, and their solutions are quite simple. I have some suggestions for how to fix these problems one by one.

Solutions:
    Most of the lag on EU is due to a large amount of addons, but then again you don't see lag like this on the other servers. So it is a matter of host, and it seems that recently they have been lacking to keep up with the addons that are on the server. So here is a list of a few hosts I know that are great in maintaining server storage and are also prone to DDoses.

It does not end there, a problem that I have noticed with our EU servers is that they are located in Great Britian, which is not a good Idea if your server is EU. This is because Great Britian are far away from countries in the EU like Estonia, and that is why my second suggestion comes in:

Change the host to be in Germany.

German servers are used for nearly every single EU based servers, because Germany is close to everyone, especially placed like Frankfurt or Munich. Germany would also raise the quality of the servers to meet the American/Canadian ones as well, since the server is now less laggy, less ping for most people, and accessible to everyone.

I hope this suggestion can help fixing our EU servers and lets me finish reports without having a laggy seizure every 2 minutes.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

It really needs fixing, EU servers are just as relevant as the US ones, why should we get the shitty hosts?

+1

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Regarding the lag, Opalium mentioned here that it should be fixed some time soon.

Either way the EU servers really feel a lot laggier in comparison to the US servers. I get 10-30 ping on EU and ~100 on East and yet East sometimes feels less laggy.

+1 definitely.

4. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

+1
    SEA players like myself would get a bit higher ping but it's a lot better than the current situation.

5. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

The EU servers are actually hosted in Frankfurt, Germany and run on the same hardware as the Eastern servers.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Oh, I thought it was in UK since gametracker and several staff members said that. Since it is in Germany, then the problem is the hosts german server. I would suggest contacting them and asking them to fix their problems.

7. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Theres a bigger problem here since west servers have upgraded hardware nfo cant handle sgmod and so far east is also more laggy then west, (sorry for minor thread hijack) but +1

8. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Like I mentioned here, our EU servers are experiencing unusual lag issues due to a technical issue with the host. This is not permanent, of course, and will be resolved soon.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

1+ forever. Im german and I NEED THIS! Setting it in Frankfurt or Stuttgart would be perfect, since to my knowledge servers require lots of power, and in cities like these if you register your business electricity costs are reduced a bit.

Then again, I cant say I dont want it for personal purposes :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

So I have ordered upgraded hardware and we should be getting it in Amsterdam, NL around February 25th. So you can expect the EU servers to be going down around the end of this month and being moved to Amsterdam, NL. We should be seeing much better performance on this new hardware. I will post an announcement closer to the date when I know more.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.