League tournament sign up thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hello my friend, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I hope you can correct your problems in the future :p I would get really mad if I couldn't spend 24 hours in my computer chair at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

Hello League Series Tournament 1 Champions:
    [​IMG] '

The current plan is another tournament to be held next month around this time, @hello my friend has decided to let me help organize it and there will be more set in stone rules and guidelines and an overall better setup. Hope to see you guys all there! I really enjoyed this tournament and hope everyone else had a great time too.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Sleeper Team 6 is waiting in the wings to steal the trophy. We will train. We will be ready.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Didn't get to play Kalista a single time.

seriously..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I just wanted to play Graves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Han

Han       VIP

Team LCSBIGPLAYS plays DIRTY.

Also, I think for the next tournaments we should completely not allow teamspeak or voice clients to be used. I'm not biased at all, haha. ahha hahha ha ha :cry:

7. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

they call me the spider queen

8. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I think Shadow has intentions on recruiting me for the next Tourney or whatever. Get ready to rest in pepperoni's

9. Han

Han       VIP

Another one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hello my friend

hello my friend ciao amico mio Banned Elite

Okay the tournament has finished!

Winner of the finals for the winners bracket was team LCSBIGPLAYS

Winner of the finals for the losers bracket was team Time for a demotion

Thanks everyone for showing up, we'll have good news for those of you that enjoyed it in the coming weeks. Just keep in mind, this
    isn't the only tournament ;)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Shadow

Shadow The art of war - subdue the enemy without fighting VIP

Few questions for team selection next time around:

1.Are we going to have the same teams? I think it'd be fun to play with everyone and have completely different results everytime.
    2.How are we going to pick teams? This time around we just picked 5 people and that was it, maybe all the captains could get together and we can select from the pool of players who want to play.
    3.Are we going to have as many teams as we possibly can? I.e there were more than 20 people this tournament, but more people applied - I think we should try to fit in as many as possible
    Adding onto 3, maybe we can add a question, that being the follow: "Would you be willing to be a Captain," in order to help make more teams if not enough people step up.
    EDIT:Another idea, random team picking?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  12. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

I think it'd be more fun if we could keep our teams from this time, or have the choice to keep the same team or alter it because I can't speak for the others on my team, but I think id like to keep our win streak going, and just seeing how far we could go until we get taken down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

1. I will say that while the other matches were going on yesterday I made a rough draft of the next tournament thread and have already made a dedicated way to allow teams to apply as just that, a full team.
    2. I'll be talking to hello about this, I have some ideas but I'm not sure how well they'd do currently as we don't have a whole lot of people, but we'll see.
    3. Yes, I think it would be amazing to have 6-8 teams competing if not more, but it all depends on how many people will be available as the rules for showing up will be more strict.

14. Han

Han       VIP

minimum wage in my state is 7.25c per hour. Three hours of minimum wage work would already be over what you earned. I'd say you were earning around three dollars per hour.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Han

Han       VIP

No offense meant to any other players, but it seems that Sinz got the cream of the crop when he picked, and the last thing I'd want to see is a titan team that just 3-1's everyone. Maybe have something like, 'Teams who have won three times in a row will not be eligible for the next tournament'?

Maybe I'm wrong, but there seems to be not many people who signed up who haven't played. It's not as if there's a bunch of underdogs who haven't been given a chance to show their talent. ( Except me, of course. )

double post please forgive me :(

16. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

If the tournament actually gets organized properly (next time it will be) it'll be easier to have more players that play since we actually know what we're doing.
    Also if we do it multiple days then there would be more room for people to make it since some couldn't on saturday.

As for the part about our team 3-1ing everyone, it's not our fault we did good. If other teams want to compete then they should practice as much as we did, a big part of why we easily ran over teamlegion is because they no longer had butters able to play and had to find a sub.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

Everyone who Sinz picked he plays with regularly, or is friends with. We all get along well and have good teamwork, yes we had the best team line up but I don't think that's entirely why we won. Perhaps I'm biased, but I'd be rather upset if the team that won the last tournament was not allowed to be the same team for the next one. That's like asking SKT to reform it's roster cause they win Worlds or LCS. Every team will be allowed to switch out players and practice and make improvements, and removing a team from the game because they are too good is counter-intuitive as this is supposed to promote teamwork.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. hello my friend

It's not as if your team stomped everyone no problem.

The finals were super close until the other teams main player had to be subbed.

It is extremely unfair for people to assume this tournament was super one sided, because let me tell you, it wasn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Han

Han       VIP

Fair point. I guess it would be best to wait things out and see how everything goes, but at the end of the day, I really don't want the tournament to constantly be a fight for second place while someone else always gets first, you know?

I was under the understanding that this tourney wasn't just going to be based on competition, but fun. An organized matchup of teams with a small prize to the winner. I'd much prefer doing stuff like randomized teams and blind pick just for the fun of it. Just my two cents.

On another subject, how does everyone feel about a 1v1 tournament? Single-Elimination style, first to 100 creeps / tower down / first blood?

I was only able to watch the final two matches, not sure how the previous two went, but the ones I saw looked like a stomp. The final game was relatively close in kills / score but it was pretty obvious team lcsbigplays was doing some trolly stuff intentionally.

20. hello my friend

The first 2 were the best games of the tournament, and definitely the closest. The 2nd last one was when their player subbed out and the last was just a shit fest from both teams. xD