Lasik surgery experiences?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruno, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Bruno

Bruno In time all things are possible VIP Bronze

So, my parents wants me to get lasik surgery at the age of 20 and i dont trust it a single bit.
    Since they want me to go there, i decided to do some research, wouldn't want ignorance to potentially ruin my life. Rather be safe than sorry.

And so it looks like i was right, the most common issue is dry eyes which could be permanent.
    Along with that there are all kinds of diseases like blindness, vision loss, glares, halos, pain...
    All kinds of complications.

So im wondering, what are your experiences, should i get it done?
    I probably still wont get it but im just wondering.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I got laser eye surgery just a bit over a year ago. My experience has been wholly positive.

No issues whatsoever. I definitely would recommend it.

I went into it not looking at any of the risks. Can't live life blind and afraid; that was my take on it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Hosi

Hosi Professional agent of chaos VIP

The procedure has been around for a while now, so I would assume it's got to be a pretty low risk deal since they aren't charging an arm and a leg for it. I mean ya it's expensive but not really much more than dental work.

The more risk goes up the more cost goes up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Had a teacher back in highschool who got it, didn't seem to have any complaints

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Currently, I am in the process of getting the LASIK surgery for my eyes. Most I know is that you can't have previous eye problems ( excluding glasses/contacts ) to be eligible for the surgery.

6. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Got the surgery a while ago, depending on which you go, they have different recovery rates and since you're getting it young you might want to pay extra for the lifetime insurance to get adjustments if needed for free.

Just keep up with the eye drops and be responsible and you won't have a problem. Its really quick and easy and no problems here.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Nuno

Nuno Nothing is better than Tesco's own brand gin Administrator VIP Silver

I have consultation tomorrow :(

8. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

I've been thinking about getting lasik for a while, still not sure because without my glasses I look tired 24/7 lol.
    Now I have insurance tho so I will actually consider it, I do like the experiences shared in here though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rozboon

I can't stress this enough MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE EYE DROP SCHEDULE! and make sure you always have them on you just incase,they are the most important part.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. waffle

waffle VIP

I think I'm going to need laser eye surgery eventually in a few years aswell. I can't read text on the monitor infront of me without my glasses. My biggest worry about it is I hear you have to be awake during it to keep your eyes open. And even though I was told they give you stuff to make you not feel it its still a big fear for me.

11. Rozboon

Thats the easy part, they have little things that hold your eye open, and sponges to keep your eye moist, all you can see is blackness, and then you'll see a circle of light and you just need to stare at it, no pain, just a bit of a burning smell.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. waffle

waffle VIP

I guess just seeing nothing is better.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1