Accepted KO5/KOZ

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Adrian Shephard, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

its considered toxic gameplay now
    But ppl keep falling on the trick and kill ppl for it and get slain
    Why not make them valid kos's and let the one who called it responsible?
    P.M PACI DON'T comment ty

• Dumb x 9
    • Useful x 7
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Because it would ruin the gameplay. It's why we have it designated as toxic gameplay. It's essentially a way to try and get others to lose karma and get in trouble. We have factors on what is considered as a KOS. All people have to do is follow it and not try to ruin it for others.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Adrian Shephard

how its will ruin the gameplay if they count as a valid kos's???????????????????????
    they be just regular kos's

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

They're not KOSes and it's mainly people trying to find ways to get others to kill that person illegitimately. It's not hard to type KOS so why try to change it to KO5 or KOZ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I would sooner have the person slain who called the Ko5/KoZ for trying in the first place and the person who followed it for not paying attention.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

In all honesty, there is nothing dumb or negative about this suggestion. If we simply started considering Koz and Ko5 as valid koses, then the issue would vanish, and we would not need to start punishing other players. This isn't to say that I think this is the solution, just that I think that we're being a little too harsh here.

Well-intended suggestion there adrian!

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Dumb x 2
  7. Adrian Shephard

thanks daddy [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Alright adrian I wont translate your broken english this one time.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

This is an OK solution. Make them valid KOSes and have them punished for the deaths, plus add it into their adminstats notes each time they've used it. If used over a number of times, have them banned for toxicity and mass RDM. That's the way I would like to see it anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

If Adrian didn't write this down, I bet the dumbs/disagrees would go down by 99.99% (y)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

My question is where do we draw the line?
    If we make fake koses traitorous, where do we stop? This also applies to people saying different variations of "He's a traitor" such as trader, terrorist, etc. as well as saying "It's <insert player's name>."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I'd like to see the player who called the KOS/KOZ be slain for RDM (for every player he calls this on) whenever someone actually kills a player for this, and be warned for toxic gameplay (and be punished further when the staff see fit).

Now, for the player that falls for this, I'd like to see them be warned and educated as to what are considered to be legit KOS calls (KOS x, Kill x, x is a traitor). But if they keep falling for the same tricks, it's on them. Sort of like a "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me four times, I'd be banned for mass RDM".

We can draw the line with the same idea as the KOZ/KO5, where in for the word "traitor", any words that can be mistaken upon first look (e.g. trader, trailer, trait0r, tra1tor, etc.) would fall under the same rule as I said in the first paragraph. The word "terrorist" and the phrase "it's x" is out of the question.

I'd add in vocal ones as well. If people start saying in mic stuff like KOX <player>, <player> is a trader, etc. should fall under the suggested rule on my first paragraph as well.

This isn't that bad of a suggestion (I actually like this). Let's not always judge a book by its cover.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

Within the confines of the three valid KOS types ("KOS--" "Kill--" "--is a traitor"), any attempt to fool others into believing that one of these has been said clearly has the given end of causing mayhem. Frankly, all such attempts to confuse the issue should be considered traitorous, and toxic if done by an inno. It's about the intention of the act, and if your intention is trolling, you deserve to be held accountable.

Notably this wouldn't apply to other methods "It's--" "Did I hear a KOS on--" wherein the intent could conceivably be clarity (or confusion, because a lot of newbs say "It's ___ it's ____ it's ___ it's ____" because they don't know any better.) There is NO reason to say "KOZ" or "___ is a T" apart from attempting to get that person killed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Just make it a valid kos. Would simplify all of these problems.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Adrian Shephard

*Dab on haters*
    P.S these dumb doesn't reflect suggestion they just jealous from my intelligence
    Edit most of them
    Not all

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. KO5 and KOZ are close enough to KOS that they should be valid KOSes and it would get rid of the problem, even though I haven't even seen people do it ingame myself. It's a lot different than what Agent said about "where to draw the line" for people calling others traitors and stuff. That doesn't really have anything to do with the use of KO5 and KOZ instead of KOS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 4sea

4sea VIP

The rules have already been updated:
    Attempting to confuse other players through the use of KOZ, KO5 or similar terms is NOT a valid KOS, and may be considered loopholing, resulting in a punishment.

This means if you say KOZ or KO5 you can be seen as loopholing.

I do wonder about calling 'x is a trader' on voicechat, as it very closely resembles ' x is a traitor' depending on how people pronounce it. Am I right to assume this would fall under the same updated rule, as I have encountered this issue in a previous community before... multiple times.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  18. there's hardly any way to differentiate between the two in voice chat lol

19. Adrian Shephard

i know the rules have been updated lately
    making them valid kos's will simplify things and every one will be responsible for it since he will get slain.
    if he still doing it he can get a mass rdm or,mods / admin leave notes on their admin stats how much he says koz/ko5, if he do it plenty (5-9 times in short period) of time he can get banned for toxic gameplay

20. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'd state that should this happen over voice chat, it's effectively already a kos. If over the voice you say trader and it sounds like traitor, that's the callers fault for making it sound some way other than intended. With voice all that matters is what it sounds like.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.