Answered Killing for specific T traps

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Mr Butters, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Ok, I aint dumb, I know the rules, dont kill for T traps because they can be activated through walls etc.

But a very specific situation occurred on MC_B5 with the traitor trap in the nether, which got me thinking, its the trap that makes 1 of the platforms disappear. Now I haven't checked this personally, but in all my time playing im pretty sure you can only activate it when you are down there, not from the surface. I had some people in-game check and message me while I was in spectator, if they could find the hand to activate it, no one found the hand from the surface world.

So here is the scenario, it was just a detective, myself and another player down there and it gets activated and I look around and can clearly see there is no one else around that could of done it. Can I kill said player ?

This question applies to any other T traps that require you to be in a room of some kind like the nether, like can only be activated when in that specific room.

2. Fox

Fox VIP

This is an iffy subject. I asked a mod about this a while back, and we came to this conclusion.

The T trap is only able to be activated if you are in the nether yourself. Given this, you need to be 100% sure that there is only one other person with you.

However, people may argue that some T could pop in, activate it, and run out without you knowing. With this in mind, it's really hard to say. In my opinion, it is allowed on B5, unsure about any others. However, there is no specific rule, (extended or map specific rule), stating that it is allowed.

For this reason, I will be tagging @CDriscoll and @Kyogre, hopefully they can shed some light and edit the map specific rules if needed.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  3. Sage.

Sage. VIP Silver Emerald

If you're 100% sure that there is only one other unproven player, and it can only be activated only in that certain spot of the map. It's considered common sense.

4. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

As said above, I think the issue is that you can never be 100% sure on any of the T traps. And if we demand 100% certainty on killing, T traps ought to be the same.

Also, allowing this one T trap kill would mean that others could be called into question, and in my mind, it's better to have a blanket rule against killing for T traps rather than picking and choosing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

So I feel like this isn't answered just different opinions. @Kyogre @CDriscoll can you please shed some light on this

6. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

I'll post my conversation with Butters:
    [​IMG]

Essentially, you have to have 100% certainty. You can never reach 100% certainty with far-distance, invisible traps, but you can come to solid conclusions with traps that have tangible buttons or traps that require you to be in a certain distance (which you need to have already checked thoroughly).

• Informative Informative x 3