Answered Kill off Damage and Body Armor

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Juice Juice™, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

So, I don't remember the exact values off the top of my head, but I do know for some weapons when you shoot someone enough, and their health doesn't drop down to a certain colour, that they are wearing body armor. While I might be slain for not knowing the exact values, for the sake of this question lets say that I do.
    Say I shoot someone with the vector enough times that their health should drop down into the yellow unless they are wearing body armor. I know all the bullets hit, through hitmarkers, their flinching, whatever. But their health stays in the green, proving they are wearing body armor. Am I allowed to kill them? This is very situational, and can't be applied to 95% of situations, but you hit someone in crossfire for example, you are 100% sure that their health should be in the yellow based off of damage values.

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

You can not KOS for this reason. Hitreg is so bad sometimes where a shot that clearly looks like a body shot, actually hits an arm, etc. There are just too many variables that makes this unreliable enough to be suspicion only.

3. Juice Juice™

And if you hit them with enough bullets that, no matter where you shot, they should be in yellow without body armor? And keep in mind, hitmarkers each time, so it wasnt a shitbox

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

No you cannot. How would you know they bought body armor? They still take damage in the end and there are too many factors on what causes your health to drop to a certain zone as weapons all have different amounts of damage inflicted when shot at a player and the fact that body armor only blocks a small amount (not a significant number to differentiate from being shot normally without body armor).

5. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

This is not a valid reason to kos as the hit..... oh ok everyone else got it!

6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Correct. See the 30 seconds highlights thread. There's multiple videos where there's multiple headshots, with hit markers. Here's one example:

While I do understand the concept, there is just too many variables that make this unreliable. Keep in mind, there's blood. There's a hit marker. It's clearly the head. But it only does 26 damage.

7. Juice Juice™

But they all have certain values. And body armor reduces by a certain percentage. The only factors that matter are how many bullets hit where. And if, considering the minimal amount of damage for each bullet, there is still a green name, then what? Minimal damage must be inflicted even with a bad hitbox

8. Zigles

Zigles Rule #1: Never trust a Zigles VIP

Silent, we discussed this on the server. There are too many things that could go differently due to it being Gmods hit reg which is not reliable. And what if they are at like 92 health so it shows healthy but they have less health? This throws off the entire system as they will not have the expected health. Too many variables, not reliable enough. It would be a kill on suspicion.

9. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

Honestly anyone can go on with why killing off of body armor is invalid with a ton of factors such as karma, knowledge of weapon damage, where the person got hit, etc., but ultimately killing off such concept is pretty ridiculous. I doubt your average moderator would want to deal with such a report with that kind of response.

10. Juice Juice™

Well, yeah. This is a very specific scenario. If they are at less health, their health would drop to yellow immediately, and you couldn't use it at all. However, I realize I am being far to technical for this server, so I apologize.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

I see no reason why you would even do this. If you have to find out if he is a T by damaging him, it is rdm.

If you know he is a T or a random person is kos'ed then i see no reason to damage him, because;
    1 he could shoot you for damaging you when he is innocent. But you habe a chance his hp is not the right amount to test it with damage control.
    2 if he is a T he will most likely shoot you before you do your math.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.