Keep Report / Forgive Player

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Captain Obvious, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Regular Member

i dont understand why you dont have it on your servers ...
    often reports can be forgiven by the reporting player after the reported one explains why he killed / KOSed him ...
    it should not make much work to implement it ... and it means less work for the Mods ...

• Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Unfortunately, if you search this type of suggestion, it's been asked multiple times and every time turned down for various reasons.

3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

use the search bar

4. Captain Obvious

sad ...

5. Captain Obvious

i never needed to use it yet .. so i dint know it exists ... ill do that next time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

While it is a good idea, if someone RDMs, they still broke the rules regardless if their victim forgives or not. While there is the option to ask the mod to ask for discretion, its not always easily available as it requires an admin to grant them discretion to not slay. I, for one, am with the thought of having this implemented/brought back. As staff on previous communities that had the old logs, it took a huge load off of staffing when there would be times of horror when the seven seas of hell crashed down upon the server. All youd have to look for is if the player forgave, and youd move on to the next report.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Captain Obvious

rules in general were made to be broken ... if the rule itself does not provide the best awnser in 100% of times

+ often people only think that somene did something aggainst the rules but in the end the person didnt ...

8. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

As I said, your friend can always ask the mod on at the time to ask an admin for discretion. Most mods will do it, but dont expect it, as its not a necessary task and can be quite time consuming if you are busy with handling the server.

With your comment "Often people only think that someone did something against the rules but in the end the person didnt". If reported, the staff member goes through all the available logs they can (damageinfo, shot logs, damagelogs, ETC.) and if found that the victim did not do anything, then the RDMer will be punished. If found that the victim did do something that could have led to the RDMer killing him (Doing any sort of T act), then it will be marked invalid, and no slays will be issued.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Captain Obvious

yeah i know .. my point is .. that the mod could get way less work ... to put more effort in the servermanagement / reports that are still there ...
    i am still mod in another community ... idont rly play there anymore .. simply because im here in majority ... and there are like 10 forgiven reports after 20 rounds or so ... and thats energy that you dont have to waste .... i mean we got servers that are often full with 36 player adn 1 mod online ... everything that supports the poor mod should be done in my opinion : p ...
    i mean its a automatic system ... someone reports .. the other awnsers --> popup --> and then the reporter can press keep report or forgive player
    in the report menue .. the report is still there .. but it shows that the player did forgive the other one ...
    i know that being mod is not always easy ... but it should be ...