Karma Ban Exculpatory Evidence Archive [And Discussion]

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by The Law, Oct 20, 2017.

1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Purpose
    There are many of us, myself included that fall victim to the dreaded console karma ban. While some karma bans can be well deserved, others may not be. I'm here to tell you that there are players out there who are well seasoned in the game of TTT, who might fall victim to being punished for being a good player and playing the game the way it should be played, in a manner that is considered "acceptable." But, as of now, regardless of how you acquire your karma bans, you can be subjected to being banned for simply "having too many karma bans." It is unfortunate that due to the toxic behaviour of past individuals, that some of us genuine players must also suffer for their past missteps.
    Was the players karma ban the result of toxic behaviour or did they acquire this karma ban by killing players through acceptable behaviour? This distinction is not made, thereby potentially implicating any and all karma bans to be grouped as toxic behaviour. And so it falls to the players to protect themselves by making this distinction themselves, by providing evidence that they acquired their karma ban through acceptable means, rather than through toxic means. The purpose of this thread is to give a place for players to archive clips leading up to their karma bans, with the objective to separate that karma ban from being grouped as the result of "toxic behaviour."
    Define Exculpatory Evidence
    "Is evidence favorable to the defendant in a criminal trial that tends to exonerate the defendant of guilt. It is the opposite of inculpatory evidence, which tends to prove guilt." In relation to Karma Bans, this is defined as the recording of ones gameplay to detail the actions and decisions made leading up to the karma ban. It is under the players perception that the decisions and actions made were in accordance to what is considered acceptable play, and does not constitute as toxic play.

A Guide to Model your Play
    It wouldn't be possible to detail every single scenario and what may or may not be an "acceptible" response in that situation, but I have compiled a brief guide made by a prior lead to help you at the very least model your decisions to be at a more "acceptable play level":
    Who should be posting their karma ban clips?
    Anyone who deems it necessary to distinguish toxic karma bans from non-toxic ones. If you are someone who acquires karma bans on a frequent basis, then publicly archiving your karma ban clips would be applicable to you.
    Steps
    1. Post your clip to the archive,
    2. Include the date and time of the corresponding karma ban for reference,
    3. Optional: although not required, you may wish to explain your reasoning for particular kills.
    Disclaimer,
    I want to point out that this thread was originally created for my purposes; to give me a place to store my gameplay footage leading up to my karma bans. I wanted to do this for 2 reasons, 1) to ease concerns that my play is "toxic" in nature, and 2) that if there should be a problem with how I'm playing that I can be made aware of it, and make changes as necessary. But I recommend anyone who feels they might benefit by placing their "evidence of innocence" here to do so. But this archive should be used for seasoned players who believe their gameplay style falls out of bounds of what would be considered as toxic gameplay. Note that this thread doesn't protect you from receiving that coveted "excessive karma ban extension," but it may potentially act as a buffer in the players favour in giving the staff additional factors to base their decision off of. Also, staff and members are free to comment on players recordings to discuss their opinion on the gameplay.
    Is is sad that I have to resort to this? Yes. Would I like to see changes to how excessive karma bans are issued? Yes, absolutely. But this thread isn't really to discuss that topic, it's more to protect my ass -and others- from a system I view as flawed and in need of reform.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Alright this could be fun. Let me see if I can find anything funny.

• Like Like x 2
  3. The Law

The only thing "funny" here is that this thread isn't applicable to you.

(a joke)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Yes this was not toxic at all:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The Law

I do want to make it clear that,
    1) I in no way expect staff to review these videos, it is merely an archive from which can be called upon in the event where evidence is needed to exonerate oneself from being accused of behaving in a toxic manner.
    2) I realize this thread isn't applicable to many people, nor would many consider even putting in the effort to post here. So I don't expect to see this thread to be well used by others, because quite frankly, it is a lot of work to edit down and upload those clips. It's not something I or anyone should have to feel they need to do, but desperate times may call for desperate measures. You might find all that recording and editing you did to be useful to you in the future.

Edit: also, see @Noctorious's post below, he gives a great alternative if you're not keen on putting in a whole lot of effort for something you may never need to use.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

i don't agree to this

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. The Law

Never trust a drunk Drunk Dog.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

If you record demos you could save the demos of when you get karma banned on dropbox, since the demo will start at the beginning of the map, and karma resets every map so that map is the only video relevant. Then you can wait until the day comes you're banned for excessive karma bans to grab all of them and edit them down. Yeah it'll take a while to do them all at once, but what else are you gonna do? You're banned anyways

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. The Law

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I don't see the point of a jihad warning when you only give 2 seconds :oops:

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. The Law

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Last i heard even if there fair kills is it worth killing them if you know 95%they are innocent but did a t act?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Old Fox

Old Fox VIP

Now I have a thread to post clips on frequently on this forum.

14. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

See here you killed 3 people for unided without making an effort to check the unided bodies yourself. You clearly gave them 2 seconds to id it, but you have thousands of hours on vanilla so you should know that the people are very slow. Stop killing so quickly for unided and GBA. You need to id some bodies yourself, clearly you're way too sensitive to unided bodies. and at 0:23 [Karma ban: 94] you rdmed that guy for t-baiting; you didnt see where he shot. In all 3 of your videos you can clearly mark the points that got you karma banned: GBA and Unided bodies. You need to stop doing that before disciplinary action.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

the law always wins

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Quick tip