It's been a ride.

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by TheDarkFade, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TheDarkFade

TheDarkFade Russian Double Agent VIP

Well, the time has finally come for me to say goodbye. Although I've been part of this community for over 2 years, I've only been well-involved for the past 4 months or so, meeting amazing people and making lots of friends. I have only been mod for just about 2 full months but ever since the announcement of the shutdown it's been a lot less fulfilling and motivating as a member of the SGM staff. I might have only been a mod for about a week when the shutdown was announced but it hit me hard as I was not expecting it at all and really changed my experience forever.

I know that quite a few people feel the same way and some people left swiftly but I tried to hang on for as long as possible, driving me away further and further away. I started to force myself to come on just to get the hours which only made it less and less enjoyable. I started slipping behind in schoolwork as I prioritized my rowing training and staffing over more important things at my current stage in life.

The only thing that has made any of this enjoyable are the people who either had long stimulating conversations with me or made a simple game enjoyable by just talking or even anyone who just joined me in a discord channel and ask me how I'm doing.

Anyway, it's time for the tags:

@Siddo❄ You were my first and only admin. I know I was your first mod and you tried your hardest to train me to become a mini you. You were the best admin I could've asked for: from the long-ass messages explaining and teaching me how to be a mod that took hours to read as they were to the brim with all the details, to the friendly banter and cute comments, you were a perfect admin made just for me ;). I'm sorry to have failed you.

@TrinityBlade You always dealt with my retardedness and always joined me in random discord channels even though you never actually talked with your real voice. I always felt like you were easy to talk to and are always friendly to me.

@pekka26 You are one of the only people that I could just have the most controversial conversation with about the most triggering shit. You made my staffing sessions really enjoyable when there was nothing motivating me to staff.

@a n d y ツ You made TTT and other games a lot more fun. I remember the times before you used your mic frequently and unautisticly as the only noises you made were occasional screams and random noises into your mic. Thanks for playing with me bro.

@Lordyhgm™ You are always fun to play with: from the late night ToS sessions to the SGM space programs in TTT. Like Trinity, you never used your mic but it was always nice to play with you.

@Eventghoul Mate, I know you probably won't read this but you were always great to talk to as you were the most similar to me. Sucks that you left immediately after the announcement but its understandable. I wish you stuck around a little longer.

@NeverGhostin Really edgy guy but hilarious to talk to and fuck around with. We definitely need to do more of those prank calls.

@Pacifist You had more of an influence on me that you probably thought. I looked up to you as a role model and what to stride to as a member of staff with your unique and unorthadox methods of training.

@ptownslayer21 Thanks for adopting me. It was always fun to talk to you with your charisma and audacity.

@Ruki Hilarious dude. Your giggle is always very amusing although behind it is an evil evil man.

@Irish Love you, bro. You were completely mishandled as a tmod and I'm surprised you survived this long. Our ToS sessions were always very enjoyable and fun thanks to you. Take care of siddo <3

@Aria You were so nice to me even though I was just some random tmod. I appreciate your kindness.

@Falcor Although I've heard some nasty things from others about you, you were always very friendly and I could only see the good things from you as proven by when I played with you on my alt account.

@MrMunkay514™ Every time I play with you I can never tell if you're high or not but you're a hilarious dude.

@Sindre Teach me your ways. I'm going to Russia for Christmas so I'm gonna stock up on snus. When I get back you better teach me your secret ritual or whatever gives you those godly flicks.

@Teroxa you gave me a chance when I probably didn't deserve one. You were one of the people that inspired me to become a mod.

@Timo654 a creature that I am yet to understand. Please play more barbie girl through your mic.

@Agent Knockout Hacker

@Cat KOS Cat and you're short

My creativity has run out so I'll just throw in the rest of the tags. If you want a long and thoughtful comment just let me know cos I cba right now. If I forget to tag you I'm sorry, let me know.

@ryan @Lion @Voca @Floof @DarkShiny @BambiBreaker @Echo @olivia @opalbot♥ @Dani @Kearnzy @The Memelord @TheTacticalCat

I will occasionally hop on TTT but I will continue playing other games so its not goodbye to all.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

my dumb comes from a "you shoulda resigned sooner son" place

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

as a normie I loved when you got on to staff, so attentive to what was going on and still had fun with everyone.
    when i played with your alt, i thought you were just some new regular lol then wondered how many staff alts I have sent funds too. lol
    It was always a pleasure seeing you.
    Best wishes with school and life. Enjoy the Holidays Fade! Take care of yourself homie.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Prisma

Prisma That one person who doesn't do a thing. VIP Bronze

yote

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Houston, we have multiple problems :(

seriously tho tos with me bby

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. TheDarkFade

TheDarkFade Russian Double Agent VIP

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. a n d y ツ

a n d y ツ nigga VIP

You're an amazing person, both as a staff and a friend. You were always so laid-back and chill every time we spoke and played with each other.
    You probably had the most genuinely shocked reaction when I started using my mic, it was just a mix of confusion, surprise and "OMG ANDY JUST SPOKE".
    I'm really glad I met you and I hope we'll be able to see each other outside of TTT often!

Though not gonna lie, I hope I will never have to tolerate your singing and pekka's bullshit kazoo playing while we're in a voice call together...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Jesus christ that call was a right beautiful tumour to listen to

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

What

The

Fuck

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Dark, you're a great guy.
    Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

:eek: indeed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

You didn't fail Siddo, you made him proud.

Although he may be a bit tilted that you're leaving, ciao dude.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Fuck you Acno.. But he's not wrong,
    @TheDarkFade.
    I'm really glad you were my first mod and you have made me very proud. There's that one thing you did, but don't let that detract from everything else you've done. You were great :love:

And like the others have said, you made the server and community a great place to be. Thank you <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1