Answered Is this common sense?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Secretagent733, Jan 8, 2017.

1. OK, so earlier today something came up:
    I was in the spawn room in dolls, when someone chucked a grenade into the room.
    I (waiting for the frag to blow up) rush into the vents and kill him.
    Was this justified, there was nobody else in the vents, and he was walking the other way.
    [​IMG] These vents.

2. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

he could of threw it through the door

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

I'd say yes since there are no other entry ways close by for it to be someone else unless a teleportation occurred. Depends on the time in between though and if the grenade was thrown from the vents.

4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

RDM - there are three other places a grenade could have been thrown from. The entrance by the mouse trap, the stairs, and the entrance in the corner.

5. He threw it from the vents. I saw the frag come from there.
    I also waited until the grenade went off. Then I rushed into the vents and killed him. He was just about to leave but got stuck, that's how I knew it was him, he didn't have enough time to leave the vents after it went off.

6. Han

Han       VIP

I'm not sure how long it takes an uncooked frag to explode, but I wouldn't put it more than five seconds, and I don't think someone could get out of that vent in time.

Even if it was someone else, I'd say the person you killed would be guilty of GBA for doing nothing to stop the grenade thrower.

EDIT: Paci just told me it takes six seconds for an uncooked name. I still don't believe there would have been enough time for the guilty party to swap places with someone innocent.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

If you saw the nade thrown from inside the vents, then yes, that's common sense to kill the guy nearest the entrance in the vents

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Okay, you added some information here you didn't provide before. I would still say it's suspicion unless you saw the person throwing it. The traitor could have teleported away. The person you killed could have been an innocent who didn't see the grenade throwing or said possible teleport. If you immediately followed the person who threw it and killed them, it'd be fine. There is a distinct difference in sounds between a tossed grenade and a dropped grenade. I believe it's suspicion but we'll find out shortly!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

If you have 100% certainty that the grenade came from the spawn-point + lower-vents intersection (even if you didn't see the player's name nor the player's actual throw), and he's the only one there with no marks of teleportation, then it is common sense; thus, a valid kill. Of course, you'll have to wait for it to explode to act on it.

10. Daddy Nexxus

Adding on, you changed your story in between your posts. In your first post you say
    In your reply to my initial post you said
    I'm actually pretty confused now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

I would say if you saw the nade come from the vents, and there is one player in there. I would say it was a valid kill as he either had to
    A. Throw the nade
    B. Watch the player throw the nade (This is assuming he wasn't at the very end of the vents)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Those say the same thing.
    I waited until the frag/grenade (however you want to put it) blew up, then I rushed into the vents to kill him.
    Edit: I see what you mean, sorry for the misleading information, the second post is the most accurate.

13. Daddy Nexxus

Yeah but you can't prove he saw the person throw the nade... You can only suspect he did.

14. Daddy Nexxus

If you waited for the grenade to go off, and then rushed in to the vents, that's at least 5-6 seconds (minimum, assuming he didn't cook the grenade) for someone to go running down the vents. This opens the opportunity for some other poor soul in the vents to be cast as the perpetrator if he didn't see the nade being thrown.. I'm not saying I wouldn't have also killed him, but putting thought in to it makes me think it may be suspicion, not common sense.

15. Daddy Nexxus

IIRC (conversation with moderator) you can kill for cooking a frag grenade.

16. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

In this situation though he stated that there were no other players, I don't think 6s is enough time for the player to reach the other bottom floor vent exit.

17. Daddy Nexxus

I'm sure we can all agree a video from both perspectives and/or actually seeing the death scene would really help this Q/A session. Without it I'm sure we could go round' for a while. :) I can see it going either way, though.

18. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

It takes more then 6 seconds to get out of the vents. With only one player in the vents with no other player in sight. It is safe to say that he either threw the nade, or saw somebody do it and teleport away. Again, I'm assuming he isn't at the very end of the vents, rather halfway through them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. When this happened in-game earlier, the traitor had not left the vents, they were near the hole in the wall, but then stopped to buy an MP7. I'm asking, could I have killed them, as this seems like common sense since nobody else was in there, and I wanted to double check.

20. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Yeah I mistated that. What I was trying to say is basically make sure he was making it explode and not dropping it.

• Informative Informative x 1