Answered Is this a mistake or am I dyslexic?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by TrinityBlade ⚔️, Feb 12, 2019.

1. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

[​IMG]

So... Rule #1 shows that Detectives can be killed in self defense for shooting towards or at you.
    However, rule #4 shows that Detectives can also be killed in self defense for shooting at other innocents/detectives? Is this a mistake or is it really meant that you can kill Detectives for shooting at other innocents/detectives?

Another question: Why can a detective be killed in self defense for holding a Jihad Bomb? (according to the extended rules)

Yes, it's an instant kill t weapon, but so is a knife, harpoon, gauss rifle and kasta. Is it intended to say that it's only killable in self defense if it is activated?

2. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

I think that second part got deprecated because of the recent edits.
    At any rate, it still says this at the top:
    [​IMG]

Meaning that it still has to be "in self defense" ...

3. TrinityBlade ⚔️

That's my exact point though? Rule 4 is talking about shooting at other people, either the rules say that you're allowed to kill a detective for that, or it says that you can kill in self defense for that? However, the latter makes no sense since it could never be a self defense situation as it's other people getting hurt, not you?

4. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Hey Trinity, let me clear some of this up for you, since I know the extended rules may be confusing at times.
    Not exactly -- the detective portion of those rules only apply when the Detective is shooting you. If they're shooting another player, you can't kill that detective. But if the detective decides to start shooting at you, you've got every right to take him down.
    Now, if the Detective is shooting at players for reasons you don't know - like if he had DNA and isn't calling it out so he can launch a surprise attack - and starts unloading into a player, it wouldn't make any sense for you to be allowed to start shooting the detective. He's just doing his job.

To answer your questions regarding Jihads: those will directly put your life and all surrounding players in danger. The same applies to arming C4. Should they be activated, they will directly cause harm to you, regardless of the detectives aim. Knifes, harpoons, MP7s, Die Kastas, and all other T weapons have a different effect though - they can be aimed. Because the detective can actively decide a player to kill with his Knife or Harpoon, there's no reason to kill the detective for it. There isn't an active danger being applied to you in the same sense that the Jihad or C4 is. Basically, just consider the hypothetical: What if that jihad went off? Well, I'd die. But what if that Knife was stabbed into someone, or thrown? I wouldn't die. Unless it's thrown at you that is. Once again, if the detective is actively trying to kill you, go ahead and pop 'em.

Now to tie up a loss end: KOS. You can NOT kill a Detective for KOSing you. They must act upon the KOS and fire first. This is because the detective could have changed his intentions by the next time you two would meet, and might not want to kill you anymore.

TL;DR: If the detective is trying to smoke specifically you, pop his ass. Jihads are spooky and will kill you if they go off, a knife will only kill you if it's thrown at you.

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Sorry about that. I meant to include the taser item under the 1st point. It has since been corrected.

6. TrinityBlade ⚔️

Read my most recent post, Rule 4 isn't about being shot at, rule 1 is, the (D) is useless here?

For the Jihad, it's not self defense to kill a detective for planting a c4, only for arming it, should that not be the same for a Jihad? A detective can put me in danger by standing next to me with a knife, harpoon, gauss rifle or a kasta but not set it off, just like they could with a jihad. It goes without saying that a Jihad works very similarly to a Frag Grenade, it explodes within a short period of time, should holding a Frag Grenade also be self defense?

7. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Rule 1 and 4 apply only in self defense. It exists there because there is multiple ways to damage someone beyond shooting them, such as attempting to push them off the map, throwing a grenade, etc.
    Say the Detective is shooting at you - you can kill them.
    Say the Detective is shooting at someone else - you cannot kill them.
    Say the Detective tries to push you off the map (ie: he's trying to cause you damage) - you can kill them.
    Say the Detective is trying to push someone else off the map (ie: trying to damage that person) - you cannot kill them.
    Those rules specifically apply ONLY in self-defense when a detective is doing them.

Now for throwing frags and/or cooking them versus jihading -- I don't really know an answer for that one. I'll tag @MangoTango and see if he's got an answer.

8. TrinityBlade ⚔️

I mean, I know the intention, I know how absurd it is to kill a detective for killing someone else, it just made no sense with the (D) next to it, which has now been changed.
    I appreciate your quick responses though.

9. TrinityBlade ⚔️

It's been a while.

Can anyone answer why you may kill a detective for holding a Jihad.
    The main argument seems to be due to the fact that it can instant kill anyone in the surroundings. But an easy counter argument to that is that a Frag grenade also works in the same regard, and is not kosable until activated.
    Other items such as Gauss Rifle, Kasta, Knife and The Harpoon can be used to one shot people too.

@MangoTango Maybe you could be of some assistance?

10. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

That's where the "detectives can be killed only in self defense part comes in."

Simply holding it isn't traitorous for detectives. Besides, you can't tell of it's a C4 without them activating it.

I added using next to it. However, since it did not change the rule, it won't be added to the changelog as with most clarifications.

11. TrinityBlade ⚔️

aight, that clarification was needed thanks <3

My issue with it was that it had the (D) next to it, whilst none of the others did, so it singled it out as being different to the general self defense ruling.