Answered Is it possible to derank?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Can I give someone a rank that doesn't have it? Like if I wanted to go back down to supporter and give @Night or noccam vip from my vip+. Or would it only be a supporter since it's a vip+ and not a perm rank?

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

@Highwon

If this was to be done, you would only be able to give away your permanent rank as the VIP+ is a monthly paid for rank.

3. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

I could see reselling of ranks becoming a thing if this were to happen, which is never a good time for communities like this where there are lots and lots of old players who players might gravedig through to pass them $5 for a rank.

Granted, people gift ranks all the time, but gifting still supports the server 0.o

4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

This still wasn't answered, can I give vip to one of my homies or not

5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

This has been done in the past, transferring vip from one account to another. You have to speak with highwon to do it.

6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

This is generally not common practice. Ranks are only ever transferred between accounts that are owned by the same person. To answer the question, no, you cannot derank yourself. You bought VIP, got access to the VIP perks, and therefore your $20 has already been spent. You'd basically be robbing the server of $10.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2020
  7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Then couldn't you just give your permanent ranks to others after you stop playing? Like, could I give me Emerald/SIlver/VIP to whoever? Wouldn't that get a little tedious for Highwon?

They should buy their own ranks. I'm sure if Highwon did it in the past it was an outlier situation.

8. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

We have transferred ranks between accounts only when someone lost access to their own steam account. You can't transfer your rank to another person.