Is being GBA player bad? (... having chance to get myself KOSed by other players?)

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by sportakus1, Aug 2, 2018.

?

Is it worth being a GBA player rather than striking into a scene provided in post?

1. Yes, even if my karma goes down, I feel do justice just right.

2. No, I am afraid my karma goes down and I would feel guilty if I would strike.

3. I did not experienced (enough) moments that could feel I would be GBA player.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

Lets take example of a scene.

You hear gun shots (either same type like shotgun vs shotgun or 2 types like shotgun vs automatic gun) and you follow the sounds.

You come to scene, A and B terrorists killing each other, tho only looking at them, confused who is who. So you say on microphone "idk who is who so I dont interfere" and either go away, or stay till one of them is dead and wait for response of the other person. If the other person shoots you, you kill them, solving the case who is prob T without risking karma down (but sometimes its rdmer and gg u prob get killed cus people came into scene when u killed rdmer) OR he checks body, its inno, now oyu have chance killing him or not, but you rather dont do it, as it could be the person that died first is a RDMER and the other dude was just doing self-protection.

So you rather dont kill the other person, that checked body and doesnt shoot at you, resulting that you have bad rep from some long-lasting players in server for ME being a GBA player.

Is it better killing them just both, risking loss of karma, but not being accused of being GBA player OR just rather do it in a way, that you wont risk having karma loss?

Is both options good sometimes? I am really questioning myself as the rules stays what GBA player is, that he should be KOSed, but I see that there are cases where you likely shouldnt shoot on GBA player unless you see A or B terrorists players shooting each other didnt do another T action (like one is shooting from traitor room or having harpoon that they didnt acknowledged other players they have in possesion).... you get the gist.

2. Han

Han       VIP

Yes, both options are good depending on the scenario. Sometimes you will want to kill without letting them ID the body after a fight, other times you may want to give them time to explain / ID the body.

There are going to be downsides to both decisions. People in turn may kill you for killing someone, even if it was a valid kill due to GBA. Conversely, if you're merciful, you run the risk of the person being a traitor and either getting away or even killing you.

There's not much more of an answer I can give you, you just gotta figure out for yourself which decision is the best one at the time.

As for the last point, even though it's traitorous, you don't need to act on traitorous actions every chance you get. That's how you end up with hundreds of karma bans.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Kill them both and hope they were both inno. That's my game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. On your last point I disagree, all to many times I let someone off the hook and they end up being a T. And most people are bloodthursty and will kill you any non-rdm chance they get. So realistically end them before they end you.

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Since it seems like you are looking for discussion on this rather than technical answers, I’ve moved this to TTT discussions where it’d be more appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Usually when I see that I stay far away from the scene, or if I'm close enough I'll announce on the mic "Yeah, let them fight it out and we'll see who's who" I don't think I've ever been killed for GBA because of it. I just take a note of their names and keep an eye on the kill feed to see what happens. Most cases someone else intervenes (from the sound of it, that's you) and ends up dying.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

I'm gonna wait it out and see if he identifies or runs away/shoots me before I strike back because it is not in the spirit of the game to take a literal 50% guess if you can get slain for 99% guesses. Obviously innocents are gonna be shooting at people because it's the only way for the innocents to win the game. Shooting both people (the dumbest choice that makes no sense) or taking a guess and killing someone for shooting, which is technically traitorous, is just dumb and a way to get a kill without getting slain. If a guy just starts shooting someone unprompted (but unbeknownst to you, he has DNA on the other guy), then I get that people would just kill the guy who suddenly shoots. But if two people are obviously in a fight, you know that the innocent person among them has a reason to be shooting that is not related to being a traitor, namely, self-defense.

So, I guess I will pick none of the options you gave us, because "I don't care about karma but I'm not an idiot so I'm not gonna just make a random guess" is not one of them.

8. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

For people that suggest killing both people shooting at each other, I have this question:

Are you not afraid of det?

Most of detectives ignore T body and rather take dna from inno, body to take a T right away, when they come to you, the det wont tell you he/she had dna and will kill you, even if when he starts shooting you, you said "HEY I KILLED T!" but the det had dna from inno body, so even reporting him wont make him get slained, cus he can write reason with "I had dna from inno body lol u suk"

9. Eventful

Eventful Master of Chat Commands

When it's not clear who started it, I just wait until one kills the other and find out whether the dead one is innocent. Or just run away and pretend nothing happened :p

10. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

That's why you hide bodies :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

depends, if they dont kill each other quickly or ID the body, imma take em out, otherwise be the decent human and wait, nothing is more infuriating than killing a t, IDing the body, to be killed by a trigger happy inno just doing their job

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Old Fox

Old Fox VIP

Interesting question. It really depends on the situation. I think there would be several factors involved:
    1) The estimated ratio of traitors to innocents at the time the situation happens
    2) Whether you have had suspicion on one of the players before
    3) What weapon and how many health both players have (for example: if the would-be surviving guy will likely still have a lot of health and a shotgun I might as well just take him down to avoid him turning his guy to me after finishing the other guy. On the other hand, if the would-be survivor has low health and sniper rifle, might as well just let him check the body).
    4) What gun sound goes off first when you hear the gunfight (of course the guy that shoots first might be innocent who catches the traitor in the act, but I would say that chance is a little less likely).
    5) How many health do you still have left to be able to respond in time if the survivor turns the gun on you?

13. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I believe in absolute justice, both of them would die by my hand in this case.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

As the time went by since I made this thread, the times I got killed because I was just watching both of them fight each other, made me to kill them both or the first one I shoot and kill, if the first person is inno, I shoot and kill the other guy. I still sometimes act as GBA player because it could happens in place where is alot of people that they might interfere it anyway and I dont need to interfere. So I only interfere if these conditions are met for me:
    • I have most of my hp left (lets say around 75 for having chances to shoot multiple time at guy shooting at u)
    • Both of them doesnt have full health OR if the first guy that is not facing me has full hp but I can kill him instantly while other guy that sees me has decent hp left.
    • Me, both of people shooting at each other, are alone in area
    • Detectives are dead, preventing if you kill both of them and one of them is inno that you would not die cus det getting dna from inno and killing u and responding on ur report "lol dna from inno u suck" OR the detective(s) likely wont come to the scene to check for dna based on your guts feeling and who is the detective in the round
    Therefore, I can interfere, but if only these conditions are met, otherwise GBA route is better for me in long lasting run.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

just kill the det then

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

k but only if he rdmed alot of people without reason, which self defense does apply to you, as you killed a T and said aloud before but det ignored that and its det fault not paying attention.

Otherwise, still risk of a slay. In general.

17. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

no i meant like first you kill the 2 innos fighting then detective comes after you and start shooting at you, and then you kill him

and then you have the best karma in the world

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Sounds like something @Senpai Reich wiuld do :thinking:

19. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

Yeah because I do what I want

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1