Introducing: Minecraft

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Seems neat,

I will mind having a look at it once it has been released. Personally, I don't adore minecraft, but I still own it, so better put that into use!

2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Copy the Minecraft maps on nilla and paste them into the Minecraft world @Skyrossm

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I can make them into MCEdit schematics and they could become special arenas on the server @irritatingness

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I wonder if mods like Optifine or Multibind mods will be allowed. I dont have that much of a clue about this topic anymore since I havent played the game in like 4 years, but I remember playing with mods like these on all kinds of servers and it being allowed, since it only refines the experience. But I still havent understood if this is going to be Vanilla or if it will have a modpack, and if it does, I hope mods like these are in there :) .

5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

True mod like optifine wich help you to get more frame per second and why not minimap mod too since its make dont loosesomething like cave / house

6. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hmm... interesting.

I actually stopped playing Minecraft and moved to Garry's Mod and haven't really played since. IDK if it is me but I think we should do a bit of investigating before we launch MC. Remember the LP (Low pop) server? Well, it didn't really go that well and became SGM Deathrun.

If we haven't really done any investigating of MC, I think we should do so before we waste our money. I.E a poll to see how many would play MC, why, and what we need to keep doing so they don't get bored (Since MC isn't like GMod where you can do a lot like custom textures).

Just my 2 cents, I still wish the best of luck for MC server and I will play. Those are just my concerns since we did something like this but keeping to the same game and gamemode and it didn't really go that well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ciibear

Ciibear VIP

I guess I'll be purchasing Minecraft again! Looking forward to this, a big step in the community!:happy::happy::happy:

8. Kyül

If like it was described, it is a land-claiming survival, it would be incredibly OP to be able to spot enemy structures on a minimap. I understand where you are coming from with this suggestion, but if the server is going to play out that way I dont see it happening.

Totally agree with you on this. But I think that the community is really interested in this and most people are excited. Its something completely different that will most definetly attract a ton of new members to the Serious Gaming community. But I really think that it is being rushed too hard on this one. Highwon even said that it had been in works for close to a month, and that is not much. I think if they really want to make something people wont forget and will enjoy for a long time, they also have to give it time. Why not take another month to set up a modpack and test it, or try some other interesting features, I dont know what features will or wont be there on the 24th when it goes live, but I hope that its not just Vanilla survival. Something that ive seen on other servers of the survival sort (past versions) are friend systems and clans. Welp guess we will have to see, and dont get me wrong, I have extremely high hopes for this and ill certainly be there day 1.
    Lets hope for the best.
    -Kyle :penguin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

I may buy minecraft if its has egg wars minigame

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Ok, to clear some things up (as said by irratating) There is grief prevemtion using golden shovel, as for the world screenshots can be found here http://m.imgur.com/a/LfHNY as for mods @irritatingness @Highwon @Disruptionz note Irritating Said I may share the pictures so I should be fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Paradox

Also @Kyle the Penguin (sorry for double post) It's no modpack it's vanilla 1.11.2 (trust me with vanilla theres a lot you can do you just gotta get into it, also some features are shown on the store page theres a hub I presume with survival mob arena and creative with pets and more ;)

Edit, read wrong however he also said he can't mantain a modpack at the current time so that is probably not gonna happen.

12. Kyül

By mods or a modpack I mostly meant cosmetic/graphical updates and maybe performance enhancing mods like Optifine. Vanilla Survival if its built up in the right way, is more fun than a super confusing 1000 mods survival. Still, thanks for the answers man ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

I don't see a reason why you couldn't have some insane shaders and optifine installed locally. Things like rei's minimap are also not an issue with me, but would likely need to be discussed by the administration as to whether or not they're allowed. But anything graphical like shaders is a personal preference that doesn't effect gameplay, so go for it man.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Agreed. Once the server launches I'm sure someone will make a master thread for their local mods (like shaders and textures) along with screenshots to show off.

15. Kyül

Welp thats real helpful. Thanks! And yes I do believe that Stuff like Minimap mods in this type of gamemode would be OP and give an unfair advantage over other players that dont have it locally. Its either in the server or it shouldnt be allowed (again, my opinion). You could spot enemy bases and traps from a distance, and see other stuff that you normally wouldnt be able to see, like the inside of blocked off bases, and some other cheeky tricks people use that are ruined by a Minimap. Of course im not saying the mod is bad at all, but its not meant for a semi-comp survival game with strangers. Just sayin´
    But again, thanks for the response, and have a good day ;)

16. Deathbyrussian

Deathbyrussian Creator of Worlds - http://imgur.com/a/LfHNY Emerald

You forgot to mention that I'm a staff member on the server as well; I'm the one that made the world and you'll be seeing lots of me on the server :p

Also in regards to the minimap and such: it is a bit OP but we can't control and therefore we allow it. It's not too big of a deal anyway, PvP won't be a huge aspect of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'm in admiration of the phenomenal team that has been assembled; along with all the changes taking place, and the vast number of members involved in helping build and grow this community. The potential has never been greater.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Paradox

Oh, how could I forget you ;) also is there vanilla strctures spawning such as villages the new 1.11 ones etc?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Paradox

Also, is the servers hardware up to par so we can have auto sugercane farms and such and is there a afk kicker and such so many questions :p

20. Deathbyrussian

Deathbyrussian Creator of Worlds - http://imgur.com/a/LfHNY Emerald

All vanilla structures are spawning except for villages. Unfortunately, TerrainControl causes villages to spawn like idiots (massive dirt pillars with a small farm on top of them, villages spawning on top of oceans, villages spawning in the wrong biomes, etc), so I had to turn them off. But all the other structures are spawning.

But we've found a way to negate the lack of villages that doesn't affect gameplay.

Yes it is up to par. It's a dedicated rig with 32gb of RAM and a SSD.
    No, there will not be an AFK kick timer.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.