Answered If I kill my traitor buddy who tells me to do it to get proven, will I get slain?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by john redcorn, Feb 25, 2020.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

If a consenting traitor allows me to kill them
    to deceive the innocents with the infamous proven title, will I be slain?

There’s debates about this in several staff resources, but I want a straight answer since I was almost slain three weeks ago.

I know darktooth had a thread about it for the staff at some point, and his verdict was different from the one either opalium/highwon told us admins in the old staff discord.

2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

If I recall, it was indeed a thing back then but it got changed in 2018 or something. You will be slain even if the traitor gave you consent on that type of strategy.

3. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

If I remember correctly, even if someone allows you to kill them, it's still RDM

4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Hey, if you check the rules allowing someone to kill you is still Rdm! This covers your question!

5. john redcorn

interpretations from key figures in past administrations have differed on this, I rather a straight answer from an influential figure

For what it’s worth I’ve been doing this with nilz and no report has been found valid :^)

6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

[​IMG]
    This has been in the rules for as long as I have been here. If there was a discussion to change this than it obviously got nowhere.

7. john redcorn

There’s a thread in staff discussion posted back darktooth during his lead tenure stating the contrary to the staff team (trying to keep it on the down low that it was a valid strategy or something silly), conflicting the same rule posted there. There’s never been an official update to the community about the status of this, and a lot of this has been admin to player communications of allowed/ not allowed.

I know opal gave a more recent contrary ruling in favor of the rule set now, but a lot of his contributions have been overturned, and I can easily see this being affected

8. john redcorn

Also you posted a screenshot from the innocent detective rulesets @Pacifist , I’m asking about traitors

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

It applies to traitors as well.

Here is your answer: It is RDM to kill a T buddy even if they want you to.