Answered If det kills the traitor is it RDM

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Xproplayer, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I want to try to be clear here since there may be a misconception. It's not on the part of the staff member to prove anything. We need to assume all possible situations that can happen under a given common sense situation, otherwise we are not doing our jobs. In a common sense situation, we are tasked with finding the smallest way to make it so that the kill was not 100% certain, and if we can not find one, then it falls under common sense. We consider the report, we consider the response, and we consider the evidence. Based off the video given by Xpro, and the response given by Agent, this kill is RDM.

"What if he responded that he was GBA in the report response?"

It would still be RDM. The detective did not see the name of the player down the hallway. Even if he had seen a player down there who shot at him out of the edge of his vision field, he still turned towards the d room first, which gave more than enough time for the player down the hallway to potentially enter another room and a second player to come out of another adjacent room who had not witnessed anything traitorous. Due to this, a claim of GBA is false and would also be RDM. I apologize for not explaining this as thoroughly as I could have in my previous posts.

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Alright.

When speaking to Yuuki- I had mentioned that I'm actually not sure if there's time to get to the back of the hallway to door in time- which stemmed my WvW response.

Because this gathered so much attention- I actually checked a couple things. I

1) Jumped in to the map to see if you could have seen him through the peripherial in where it shows Winchester facing in this hallway. You can not- he did not know who was in the hallway until he turned and looked.

2) How long did it take Toest get to the area he was at, vs how long it took for Winchester to turn and look.

It is incredibly minimal- like less than a second minimal, but Toest could have ran to the door and escaped without Winchester seeing him. What this ALSO means is that someone else could have shot down the hallway, Toest THEN would run in, enter the hallway, and in turn never witnessed the traitorous act and killing the GBA claim.

This is ignoring the fact however, that Winchester claimed he shot at him. There was no evidence of this. The GBA claim would have been a far stretch, but he failed to react and look down the hallway when the shot occurred, and with enough time in where someone could have escaped sight.

So yes. This kill would have been RDM regardless of the response.

I apologize for the earlier confusion, but there's something I want to be clear about here. This is never the intention of how GBA should be used. GBA is used for situations where someone is clearly, and purposefully ignoring a traitorous act. To kill people for GBA for borderline situations for this would be nonsensical to the gamemode.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.