i want to see my admin stats and i dont care

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Rilelyscastle, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

That's just dumb and a lot of effort for nothing. You forgot to add the most important step: Making a Farewell and getting a lot of positive votes.

In all seriousness: Nobody here really explained why it's not okay to show someone their notes. Everyone is just saying "because it's leaking" like saying "that's how the rules are" is a satisfying explanation. Well, WHY is it leaking and why is it bad? What does staff gain from talking about someone behind their back? Is it because there could be information like "Watch out, he could be a hacker!" in it and then the hacker sees the notes and is like "Oh man I better update my hacks to be more subtle now that I know they're on to me"? What type of stuff is even in these notes? Everyone is just being really vague about this.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I got the longest coolest notes ever and I haven't seen them in years!

3. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

But you're a former staff and you should know why :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Wait so since GDPR is now a thing, where admin stats? ħġ

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

It is leaking staff information because for example sensitive info is kept in there so we can see it all in the blink of an eye whenever you are applying, on the server playing or making the 12th appeal etc.

What we put in there is posted for a reason. Mostly to warn other staff cause we can't message a whole wall of text to all staff members of what everybody in the server does.

As it is mostly related to incidents we do not show people their adminstats. But the people who want to know. Just think about what you have done. If you ever hacked and now stopped expect it to be noted in your adminstats. If you ever lied to an admin expect it to be there. If you once helped the community in such a way to be noticed expect it to be there.

Adminstats is used wide and by all staff so some of you have famous walls others have a blank record. You know what you are if you know yourseld.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I'm actually not in on why exactly it is leaking. And in the interest of not leaking, I can't go into grand detail of how notes are.
    But to generalize it and give you an idea, read below:

What is generally recorded is you as we experience you, particularly relating to:
    - Behaviour (harassment, toxic gameplay, warnings for such, etc.)
    - Suspicions (e.g. hacking, ghosting with someone, etc.)
    - Other useful information that might be relevant in a specific instance (e.g. an admin requesting to be contacted if a player continues with specific behaviour)

Based on what is recorded, making these available to the general public would cause a number of issues for staff:
    1) People may try to game the system and get false flags (e.g. noted as helpful, then when staff leaves, they're being dicks)
    2) If someone is aware that staff have suspicions they're hacking, they'll typically be on guard, making catching any of the legitimate hackers significantly harder and more time consuming.
    3) If someone has access to the utility notes, they can use these to stay just on the edge - between increased punishment and just another warning. That would hinder staff in handling situations involving them and that behaviour, since they continue to be negative influences, but just within the lines of where it would escalate.
    4) Access to these notes could stir unnecessary drama, such as in situations where someone disagrees with what staff have noted on them.
    5) In extension of 4, they can potentially be used to ridicule specific members of staff or otherwise harass them.

For those reasons, I assume access to notes is considered leaking because it can be used to counter some of the tools and observations of staff, in an effort to circumvent harsher punishment for the negative behaviour someone continues to exhibit. And access to them can give rise to undue tension between friends and strangers alike.

And just for clarity's sake, please note (pun intended) that these notes are not used to talk ill of people behind their backs. They're mostly just records and observations for future reference.

Oh, and as a final note, really, if you think about it for a couple of minutes, you can probably deduce 80-95% of what it says in your stats. Just think about how you behave, play, and interact with others, staff included. That roughly translates to staff's impression of you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Santa Claus

What we can do is have an anonymous rogue staff member set up a form where you put in your forum name, and then when they get 50 or so names, they can take screenshots of each person, and take a perma for it.

All it takes is one lil mod guys come on

i nominate @Toest

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

i gave you the best notes "Proned to ban himself"

9. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Definitely no memes.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Don't expose us :oops:

11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

*t baits too much and is shit* - my notes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Yeah, pretty much.

These notes are written for the sole purpose of notifying other staff members of certain behaviors, such as warnings given, suspicions of certain activities, general history, etc. They were also written with the intention that staff would be the ones reading the notes who are familiar with the setup and and how the notes should be applied. They were never intended to be public, and will not be public.

Furthermore, I'm a little confused about your accusation that staff is using this to talk about people behind their back-- as an ex-staff member do you think adminstats notes are being utilized just to talk shit on people?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Santa Claus

Not only to talk shit! Just a few cases. Like what I wrote in @Canceled Fish 's adminstats that one time. pretty sure i was just like "this motherfucker toxic af"

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. .shirt

.shirt VIP

My notes: “thinks he’s good because he throws grenades during his T rounds, mic spams every full moon , and is a sexy black male :drool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. @olivia I bet you put some weird sh*t in my notes didn't you. It better be good <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Predated

Predated VIP

I haven't seen mine, but I would love to see what staff thinks of me, and the notes on my adminstats. I've never been staff so I wouldn't know what the notes look like, if an admin could message me my notes from 2014 - 2017, that would be great, because I wasn't active in 2017, and don't care for now, just want to compare my behavior now from before.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

No lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Santa Claus

We could crowdfund a bribe for a collection of adminstats. I'm willing to chip in $20

19. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Yeah dude that's how I used them

No, because nobody ever explains the reasons for anything. Everyone in this thread is just explaining what type of stuff is in there, but nobody is saying why that is supposed to be a secret to the player the notes are about. Ted said something about "sensitive information". Really? There's sensitive information about me in my notes that I'm not allowed to see? What, did you put your phone numbers in there?

The only post that isn't vague is the one by Snowflake, and even that one just gives off a "I dunno, but I'm assuming it's because of this" vibe:

But people can do that without the notes and I don't see how knowing your notes would help you with that. When staff is on, be nice, when they're not, be an asshole.

Probably the best point, because I'm not really sure what effects knowing your notes would have on being a hacker. With the people who are regular players with ranks who got something to lose, I would understand why you'd need to be extra careful with hacking. But why not always be extra careful? How would a note help? If there's a note that says "might be hacking, watch out for him", is that really what the person needs to read to be more careful? Aren't hackers who are regulars just always careful when staff is around? How did the hacker get into a situation in the first place where someone made a note about them being a potential hacker? Did the staff get half-proof? They caught him hacking but not really? Isn't that a really ballsy move by the hacker anyway, then? They hacked in front of a person in such an obvious way that people knew that they were hacking? Doesn't a hacking ban just require one second of footage of a cross-hair locking on weirdly? Isn't a hacking investigation in which notes are used already really time-consuming? How can one be "on guard" as a hacker? Does that mean they hack less? Isn't that a good thing, though?

I don't quite get this one either. Are warnings not typically given TO the player in question? Wouldn't a toxic player already know where they stand? Any concrete examples of this because I can not really imagine a scenario here. So, a player is being toxic but waiting for toxicity-cooldowns to wear off so they can be toxic again without stepping over a line?

How? Again, all the "toxic behavior" and "harassment" things are supposed to be given to the player in question as warnings anyway. Hacking suspicions, if they're wrong, are compliments and nothing to stir up drama over.

But harassment is against the rules and will be punished anyway. Let toxic people be toxic; they'll be punished anyway and the staff can take it. (I don't even know what such harassment over someone making a note on your adminstats would even look like.)
    In fact, this may even help people to cross the line between "just being an asshole" and "being punished for being an asshole".

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

lol admin notes are not that exciting

• Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
Thread Status: