I need help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by stakkuu, May 16, 2017.

1. stakkuu

stakkuu VIP

So today, I was playing Clash Royale (No hate) and I was stuck at around 2400 trophies, which is where I usually am, and I was alternating wins and losses, always hovering around 2400. Gradually, I went on a 5-loss streak, and as the losses progressed, I started getting madder and madder, to the point where I had tears in my eyes and I was smacking my phone against my bed in frustration.

Keep in mind I'm a 15 year-old who hasn't hit puberty, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it got me thinking "Wow. I must be HELLA immature if I'm getting this mad at a video game", which led to the thought that I have a legitimate addiction to playing my computer/phone. I've had this thought before this, but I can never seem to stop.

I don't know what to do. I feel like it will get to the point where I'll just not be able to recover if this keeps going. I mean, I lost in a video game and was crying. I don't think that's normal for someone my age. What do I do? Like I said, I can't get myself to stop. Hence the use of the word 'addiction'. Also, I haven't talked to my parents or anything about this, so this is the first that I've acknowledged this with other people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@stakkuu

Something that helps is to have a fall back option to go back to if you just tilt in a video game. For me, I usually either just read a book, play a different game, study, or just take a breather away from the device you're gaming with (computer, console, phone, etc.) whenever I tilt (Anyone who's played League of Legends and/or CSGO with me in the past know how badly I could tilt XD). Just find something that you enjoy about as much as the video game and if you don't, then just try something new. You'll never know what can actually interest you in the end. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

I mean I can't say I've never yelled while playing a game but I've never cried.

4. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

i've done it too man :cry:, even this year. but you won't learn anything from giving up videogames, you have to try to force yourself to just stop playing the enraging ones (IE: league, any clash game, etc.) that's what I did and a-okay now (y)

• Like Like x 1