Answered I have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Pacifist, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

If player 1 shoots player 2 and player 1 was innocent, can I kill player 2?

Can a detective break traitor testers?

IF I am proven what traitorous acts still apply to me?

If I stand right next to a wall and shoot it does that mean I am T baiting?

If see someone kill an innocent can I wait till later to kill him?

Is it still considered throwing a grenade if I just cook it till it explodes?

IF I throw a frag at a traitor and innocents get hurt is that crossfire or rdm?

How long do I have to wait before I can kill someone for not identifying a body?

If an unidentified body is placed next to an afk can I kill the afk for not identifying the body?

Can I kill my traitor buddy's at overtime if they are afk? (to get there credits and be proven status)

Is a teleporter KOS able? (because detectives get them as well as traitors)

I just want to know what I can and cannot do.

-Pacifist

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

1. No(I think)
    2. Yes and not get killed.
    3. I think all of them still do.
    4. No unless its right by someone.
    5.You can wait to kill them or kill them instantly.
    6.No
    7.well its rdm because its still a traitorous act to throw grenades besides smoke.
    8.I would wait for a few seconds before going for the kill.
    9. No because that guy was afk.
    10. Unsure about this one. i would say no because it would be rdm.
    11.If proven and you told a detective and other innos that you found one, then no. )But maybe yes because its a t weapon)
    Let a staff member look over this to make sure these are correct or not before following this.

3. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

With the killing of aks allowed for anyone, I don't see how a T killing an afk T is considered rdm when in reality we all do it to afks.

4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I would say its better if a traitor does it and gets the credits and the proven status then some innocent.

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hello Pacifist,

I will be answering your questions. Please see below:

If player 1 shoots player 2 and player 1 was innocent, can I kill player 2? How would you know that player 1 is innocent? If player 2 killed them and they turned out to be innocent, then player 2 committed a traitorous act. If player 1 was proven, and you witnessed it, treat it like player 1 is a detective and you just watched a detective shoot someone. This would not be RDM on your part, but it could potentially be RDM for player 1.

Can a detective break traitor testers? Yes

IF I am proven what traitorous acts still apply to me? All traitorous acts still apply to you. The reason this is the case is because not every player witnesses you get proven. So, if a player that did not witness you prove yourself, they cannot assume you are proven because you or someone else says so. This is simply because traitors lie about being proven all the time. If someone witnesses you get proven and even calls you out as innocent, then no traitorous acts should apply to you; however, that would become a word vs word situation in an RDM report; the staff wouldn't know who was telling the truth.

If I stand right next to a wall and shoot it does that mean I am T baiting? Traitor baiting, by definition, is shooting towards other players. If you are not shooting at someone, it is not traitorous.

If see someone kill an innocent can I wait till later to kill him? Yes, you may, but I would kill them almost right away, otherwise they can claim RDM. Pro-tip: If you're going to wait until later, remember the name of the innocent they killed.

Is it still considered throwing a grenade if I just cook it till it explodes? Yes, this is still a traitorous act. If you cook a discombob until it explodes it is still a traitorous act. Basically the thing that is traitorous when it comes to nades is the explosion; that's why if you drop one, it's not traitorous.

IF I throw a frag at a traitor and innocents get hurt is that crossfire or rdm? All explosive things in TTT are treated the same; if you are a traitor, you must warn for jihads/grenades. If you are an innocent with intent to kill/damage a traitor, you must warn your innocent buddies with enough time for them to react before causing an explosion. If you do this, it is crossfire(If other players can confirm hearing/seeing your warning). If you do not do this or no one can confirm your warning, it is RDM.

How long do I have to wait before I can kill someone for not identifying a body? This situation is completely subjective. However, if a person walks away from an unidentified body, it is a traitorous act and you can kill them immediately. If a player is identifying other bodies, use judgement and give them time. Generally, if they are not shooting at you and trying to ID bodies, they aren't a traitor.

If an unidentified body is placed next to an afk can I kill the afk for not identifying the body? No, you cannot kill the AFK. However, that is if you see the unID'd body placed there. If there is a player standing next to an unID'd body and appears to be AFK, this would mean that you wouldn't know if that person was actually AFK, so yes, you may. You cannot just walk an unID'd body next to an AFK and kill them; that would be loophole trolling and it is RDM.

Can I kill my traitor buddy's at overtime if they are afk? (to get there credits and be proven status) No, that would be RDM. Let the living innocents kill the AFK traitor. Always give them the benefit of the doubt and treat them like they will return.

Is a teleporter KOS able? (because detectives get them as well as traitors) Having a teleporter is traitorous. The reason this is the case is 1)It has the same model as a tripmine and 2) The reason it is not traitorous for detectives is because they are detectives. Assume a player with a teleporter that isn't a detective is a traitor. This is the way that I have heard Highwon play, so I think it's safe to assume that's correct.

I hope this answered any/all of your questions. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 4