I drink soylent.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Xproplayer, May 10, 2017.

1. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

If you buy Soylent in bulk the price goes down fast.

I've gone about 3 days drinking 4 a day and not ever once feeling hungry.

2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

thanks for basically calling me poor lol. i dont have 40 bucks to blow on some juice. maybe if you ate healthier, you wouldn't need it either.

seriously how can you afford that. that's $40 over 3 days. it's a good deal if you have lots of money and are lazy to prepare meals i guess

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

So the tl;dr is, you don't like it because its not economically feasible for you, well other people have more monies and enjoy it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zikeji

I buy the 72 pack for $174. That comes out to $2.42 / ea, which comes out to $29.04 for 3 days. Though apparently the price has gone up, and the lowest you can get em at is $2.69 now.

But just under $10/day for your entire days of meal in nutrition isn't terrible. Sure you could spend less if you were really budgeting hard - but my average homemade dinner costs me at least $5 if I'm preparing for just myself. Of course, cost goes down if you prepare for more than 1 person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Python~

Bro, that's $333 a month at $2.69 if you drink 4 a day. At the California minimum wage of $10.50, at a 40hr/week job, you'd have about $80 left after the first week

Here in Iowa, the minimum wage is $7.50 lol.

I guess? I do prefer the taste of something other than chocolate milk however

I could buy it if I wanted to, I'm not broke or in debt, as much as you'd like to imply that I'm at rock bottom.

If you do it Zikeji's way, it's expensive. If you do it your way (drinking one a day) it's ineffective. In @Azure's case, his friend could just be eating better and working out more (correlation, not causation)

idk maybe I'm a skeptic. If you wanna send me some, I'll try it no probs

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

....? 10.50 x 40 hours is $420, but there are 4 weeks in a month bro, youd have a lot more than $80 left at the end of the week kek.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

Well at that point after you pay bills and such I doubt if he would wanna spend the rest of his money on a protein shake.

8. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Obviously, it's gonna be more expensive than eating the free food your mom buys you, jfc. If you actually shopped for yourself or knew anything about anything, you'd know that 3 bucks a meal is very affordable.

BAD SNAKE

BAD

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Python~

Fucc u

10. Zikeji

Soylent isn't a protein shake. Why do people not understand this? It's a completely balanced drink which contains 25% of the daily value for most essentials.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

In the end, it's still luxury; if you're working a minimum wage job and need to pay for rent and plenty of things, then yeah, there's much cheaper options than meal replacement shakes.

And for my friend; obviously he didn't just have a shake a day and call it there. He's tried multiple routines and food habits over the last years and this is the one he stuck with.

12. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

im vegan btw

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Soylent? I like to eat actual food.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. beyblade informant

beyblade informant Banned VIP

Rather than drinking Soylent, try drinking Pepsi, it's even better nourishment/energy -wise, and provides multiple services to the consumer, including the following amazing offers by Pepsico. :
    You can make it wash the dishes!
    Feed your cat!
    Walk the dog!
    And it even does the laundry!
    And if you were having trouble solving the homework, and it can get rid of your teacher for you!!!

More information can be provided by going to www.pepsi.com

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Are they going to make a green version?

• Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

But... Where's the fun in that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I use it when I'm tired as fuck and don't want to prep anything or if I'm having a busy day and don't have time to go out to eat or something. Mostly its just a time savor but it actually tastes good now.

• Like Like x 2