Answered How to replace sounds in game

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Robyn, Apr 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

So I have been trying to do something for a while which has not been working out. I would like to be able to replace the c4 beeping sound with something else. How do I do that? I can not find the file anywhere. I'm pretty sure that it is called c4_beep1.wav but I can not find that. Also same thing with the footsteps on grass. I want to replace these sounds so please help! (Directories would be nice!)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Robyn

No I want to lower the frequency because it hurts my ears. It is too high pitched cuz my ears are really sensitive. also the grass footsteps have that high frequency as well and that is what I plan to remove.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

Looks like the sound is set on the server (No way to change it in game/locally). Looked through all my local Garry's mod folders and did some research online.

4. Robyn

:/ It really hurts my ears. Thank you for trying though. But can you find a way to change the footsteps?

5. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Changing the C4 sound to something louder or screaming sounds gives you an advantage, and any client-side modifications, including visual changes, that give the user an unfair advantage is considered hacking according to the interpretation of our rules. I advise to not change the C4 sound in this manner even if you find the file to do so. As far as making it quieter, I think the easiest way to go about doing this would be to decrease the game volume. Also, keep in mind the C4 (and footsteps) is a TTT game-mode addition and not server-specific.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robyn

I wouldn’t. I would try to edit the .wav so it isnt as high or I would find a lower pitched one but lower its volume.

7. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

@HelixSpiral and I already talked about this.
    It's fine if you're doing it to lower the volume.
    However, the moment when you increase the volume so you can try and pinpoint where it was planted or when it was planted, you're considered to be using unfair advantage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I did some looking around, and this does seem to be true. It looks like the C4 sound is generally set serverside, and without knowing the exact configuration of our servers (Insert: I might be wrong clause here), I'd say it's fair to assume that's the same here.

As far as the rule on this in case there is a way to do this- I really can't see any reason why lowering the volume of your C4 would be an issue. You're not giving yourself an advantage, you're doing the exact opposite. Regardless, this is something that we wouldn't be able to regulate (aside from having the sounds set server side)- so we can only strongly advise you not to do so.

Thanks for the question
    Helix

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Robyn

10. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

... the frequency of footsteps hurts your ears too?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Robyn

On grass there is a high frequency that I hear every single step. It causes me to be constantly paranoid that there is a c4. (The c4 is a bit louder though)

12. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

If you’re having this much trouble I think you should look in to other options like your headset settings or a new headset... especially if it’s making the C4 and footsteps sound the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Robyn

@HelixSpiral Lmao I do need a new headset, but it happens on two different computers... speakers or headset... I seriously think it is my own sensitive hearing.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  14. Xerp

Xerp VIP

I'd also wanted to ask this question for a long time. That is, Is it against the rules to replace GMod TTT sounds with CSS sounds. They both are the same sounds, expect GMod TTT sounds are mono [no direction] and CSS sounds are stereo [directional sounds]

• Useful Useful x 1