how to record gmod with no space

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Fiz, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

**note decent wifi is needed for this to work

step 1: download obs
    step 2: go on youtube
    step 3: stream on youtube and make it unlisted nobody wants to see random gmod videos floating around
    (here is a guide on how to connect your youtube stream to obs)
    step 4: complete

[​IMG]
    as you can see in the spoiler above, you can stream for a variety of times (yes way longer than 4 hours but if you are at 4 hours take a break.

IMPORTANT: GMOD HAS TO BE ON BORDERLESS WINDOWED MODE IF YOU WANT TO CAPTURE GAMEPLAY WHILE TABBED OUT AND AUDIO NEEDS TO PLAY WHEN TABBED OUT (option in gmod settings) IF YOU WANT AUDIO TO CONTINUE WHILE TABBED OUT

if you want to grab a clip of something while youre streaming you can screenrecord it from another device because the great thing about this is you are able to rewind the stream and go back to certain parts OR there is a button on the youtube stream overlay where you can create a highlight. a highlight is basically a clip so you can take out a part that happened on the stream.

ALSO the stream will automatically be saved and uploaded privately which you can access in your YouTube Studio so you can continue to look at different parts of the stream at any time you want. (accessible on pc and mobile ofc)

Another tip is to title the stream the date and time you played so that it is easier to organize your videos and there is a search button so you can search the date you played to make things easier

pros: easy and simple to use once set up
    no space taken up on your pc
    no limit to how many streams you can do
    cons: good wifi needed
    annoying to set up but once set up it’s simple

will this help u? probably not u lazy bums but its an option

Highly recommended if able to do

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

I'll definitely try this out

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fiz

let me know if you have any questions and ill try to help :))

• Like Like x 1
  4. littlememe

This might be a silly question but do you need YouTube open?
    I tried it yesterday, it seemed like it was working fine so I closed Youtube while live steaming
    I then stopped live streaming on OBS to check if it saved and it didn't. Do you think closing YouTube caused it to not save?

5. Fiz

I don't think you need to keep it open because i have closed it and it kept going, did you click end stream on youtube after turning it off on OBS?

6. littlememe

Nvm, you helped me over discord
    thank you :)