Answered Hammer and Barrel traps on Richland (TTT)

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by El FLaco Gamer, Jun 10, 2017.

1. El FLaco Gamer

El FLaco Gamer Ecks Dee? VIP

I don't want this to be about punishment or any form of pay-back so I'll leave names out. I just want things 100% clear so I know how to act in the future.

QUESTION: If somebody activates the hammer trap (in apartment #8 of Richaland) is it only traitorous if somebody is on the stairs at the time of the button-press? Or is pressing it traitorous regardless of who is nearby.

Additionally, does the answer to the above question apply to the barrel trap? (i.e somebody has to be in the tunnel for it to be traitorous)

The reason I ask, is because was slain for killing someone for activating the hammer-trap with the reasoning that nobody was on the stairs at the time. If this reasoning is correct, I'd suggest making it a bit clearer directly under the richland-specific rules.

2. Frodo

Frodo New Member

"Richland
    • Activating the Hammer trap is a T act.
    • Activating the Barrel trap is a T act."
    It is traitorous to activate reardless of whos around

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  3. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

[​IMG]

Activating them is traitorous regardless of who is nearby or if someone is inside the tunnel or not.

4. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

I actually tried to add you to speak to you about this.
    To confirm what I had been told, I asked my admin wink;
    [​IMG]

Hope this answers your question!
    Sorry for any confusion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. El FLaco Gamer

El FLaco Gamer Ecks Dee? VIP

Hmm alright, but the problem here is that it can harm people at any point after the button is pressed, not just when people are immediately there. So I would argue it always puts people in danger, unless they immediately turn it off. But this isn't the place for that. Would making a suggestion thread be the best place to voice this more?

6. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Looking at the extended rules, that is the way it is written and circumstance doesn't matter for 2 of the 3 lethal traps. I was going off the top of my head when my moderator presented me the question, sorry for any confusion my wording may have provided. The administration is discussing the possible addition of the last lethal trap, the tripwire laser, to the extended rules as we speak.

• Like Like x 1