Gun Control

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Python~, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Ok so what i get from the worlds longest string of posts is we do nothing because we’re not #1 in any category regarding gun violence and furher trump has done ‘the best out of any president ever to control gun violence’ even though the GOP has accepted more cash to lobby reform bills from the NRA and right here right now it’s not the proper time to talk about gun violence we’ll just wait until the next mass shooting also guns will be pruchased illegally so we can’t stop them since our FBI agency is literal poo.

Case closed boys let’s pack it all up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Manbread

Manbread VIP

You're pretty clearly of your own mind on the subject, and have no intention of even changing your views. That's fine, because it's your choice. But try to refrain from saying that everything an individual that you disagree with is a lie.
    And that's how I know you didn't actually read anything.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. CorallocinB

Ok dad u r right im wrong we do nothing ever we let guns be free pro guns pro america heck yea bruther

2nd amendment woot woot lets do nothing because we know these ppl will get guns illegally anyway oh yeaaa GOPS eyes light up seeing a shooting bc their pockets will be lined up by the NRA

It’s waaaaaay too expensive and inefficective to add extra security to public places like schools or festivals or nightclubs not even metal detectors will get the job done not even more effective background checks will get it done we just twiddle our thumbs and say “well we dont kill each other as many as other countries do” and move on
    Who cares if a couple thousand people get scarred for life in the millions of Americans it’s not like they matter or anything

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

5. CorallocinB

@Daddy Nexxus

Btw I think it's fair to point out this

I get you, bump stocks were used in only 1 shooting, but this was a shooting that injured 851 (or so the numbers get iffy the more they rise but most sources agree around 500 people+++++) people and killed 58. So again why do we have bump stocks if they were the single cause to the single most deadly shooting in American history injuring the most people out of any shooting by nearly 500+ people? Who is to say it won't happen again if we dont touch and regulation on them?

Also 'fun' trend to point out we've out done ourselves for the most deadly shooting in American history 2 years in a row now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Y'all people who claim we need to make guns illegal are fucking morons.

Who exactly uses guns to kill people which spikes these subjects? Well the only time anyone talks about it is when someone kills someone illegally and unjustifiable.

For example, lets say some fucker is coming into my house with a gun....he's coming in illegally, and he has a gun registered to some dead dude, and no permits. (which is illegal)

But what if guns were illegal? Is that going to automatically remove the gun from his hands? Fuck no, he plans on living a life of crime, so he will keep that gun, but instead of me having a legal weapon to protect my house, I HAVE A FUCKING PIPE WRENCH. NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK, NO. I would rather keep my shotgun. Keep them in multiple places in your house, that way you have multiple chances to grab one.

Even if guns didn't exist, we still have bows. People have these fucked up thoughts in their head, and that's what we need to look at. We need to beef up security for Americans. American people are paying the local officers tax money so their city can stay safe. Do a better fucking job, stop harassing black people for their skin color, and keep on the lookout.

Guns are easy to obtain. Buy your own, shoot the school shooter. (Honestly I value my life, but I don't value it as much as I value the lives of 20 kids or teachers. I'd easily wait around a corner and attempt to kick that ass to the ground and take his gun and shoot him.....but then that makes me the shooter, right? )

The school where I live is like a prison, they lock all doors. You have to press a buzzer which activates a camera for the principal to see, then if he knows you he shall let you in, if not you have to insert your student ID card in the little slot. And there's a headcount made by the principal, and afterwards there's an xray scanner. This might seem a little absurd, but truthfully this would better fix your school shooter issue. Give the schools the money for it, you've got it. Another thing is, public school buildings should be required to have at least 12 major exists. (1 every classroom)

cause times have changed and we have more fucking autists who wanna shoot people

Also, I'm not playing politics here. I don't care if you are a democrat or a republican. To me you are either stupid, or wise.

No idea what Python means by "not removing your gun, just making them harder to get"

Who exactly gets a gun in your mind? Also it's my right to keep and bear arms. You can't deny rights of U.S. Citizens. This isn't a dictatorship.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Must be crazy to have to worry about this when over here anyone who enters your home is probably going to run away when they get spotted/caught because no one robs homes with guns in the UK.

The two people who i know who have had people attempt to rob them quite literally chased them out of their home. One had no weapon (obviously, murder/gbh is a harsher punishment than robbery) and the other took a baseball bats.

Never change America, Never change.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Mr. Disco

Ah, I understand this would happen in suburbs. I live in a rural-urban area. You won't get spotted by anyone. There's no one to see it happen. That's why I'd like to keep my gun. I'm not using it to go out and kill people, I just need it for protection (and hunting deer if I ever need to eat)

Like why would you take that away from someone? I can more or so understand it in the city, but still, shit happens. That shooter was easily able to walk up in the school disguised. What keeps me from pretending to have lost my daughter while my friend is in the back picking lock of the door, and going in robbing the place? I mean shit happens. Then they have guns, and the innocent person has really no choice but to get robbed or die(and then get robbed)

There's better ways to control guns. You can make them harder to obtain, but not impossible.

9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I also live in a rural area.

I'd take it away from everyone but you can't argue with Americans on this issue being an outside due to the biases they have toward gun-toting patriotism.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

My best friend was in attendance when the Vegas shooting went down. And my coach's wife Lisa Patterson was a victim to that same shooting. I watched her snap chat story of when it all was happening and I cannot imagine what she went through. I believe that something needs to be done because we don't anticipate these kind of things happening, we only react. I don't know really any solid solutions, but we need to start putting more effort into it. At this point anything is better than nothing because we are going to keep having mass shooting like this and maybe more frequently due to how feasible it is to do what all these shooters have done.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. the actual state of this thread
    not surprised ye love your guns so much that you'd feel unamerican if you couldnt own a gun; ye cant keep your warmongering noses out of anyones business

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

1. Poison is efficient? In what way? You do know that a gun doesn't require a person to drink or eat something. Plus guns can kill people from long or short distances, unlike poison

2. Yes, in terms of rate of murders, we are worse than North Korea and Iran according to the wiki article Nexxus posted. You answered your own question so I'm not quite sure how you're confused

3. He did bring it up. He literally posted

13. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I can't even begin to explain the ignorance of this post
    1. I, nor anyone else, suggested to make guns illegal anywhere in this thread. This is the 4th time now that I've had to state that.
    2. Bows? Really? lol. Every time someone brings up a weapon that isn't a gun it just seems so silly
    3. Yeah, we should have a bunch of teens and young adults running around with pistols and shooting each other. Because the only way to fight fire is with more fire
    4. You literally agree with me that we should have more security in schools, and in your spoiler you say "i do think guns should be more controlled in obtaining them", which is exactly what I've been saying?
    Then you claim to not know what I mean when you literally just described it lmao
    5. Many countries of our caliber (no pun intended) have their firearms banned entirely and aren't living in a dictatorship

14. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I understand you are a racist bigot who seems to be everything anti-american, but I don't really see 'It's unamerican to own guns' being pushed here, unless I glossed over something by mistake

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. we have a lot of guns in this country. owning a gun without a license is illegal and as far as i know you have to be a registered member of a gun club or farmer or something to even get a license but y'know. the IRA and all that jazzzz.
    most gun deaths here are suicides or gang related (after the IRA was disbanded their guns had to go SOMEWHERE so why not make a pretty penny by getting involved in gangland crime)
    ye glorify your guns too much and noone would even THINK to shoot up a damn school or concert because its HORRIFIC and DISGUSTING but NOOOOO you talk about (white) teens TROUBLED pasts and go in depth into their life stories and post pictures of them all over the shop and shit and HOW could anyone bully him so bad that he would do such a thing (see your shitty wig bald ass KKK president for more victim blaming hot takes)????
    yikes
    also read something yesterday about that kid that got shot in the head a couple of weeks ago with his classmates gun misfired in class and he has to walk around with a fucking bullet in his head because his parents cant raise the money to get him surgery
    idk. let me lick a donut and say i hate america

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. youre funny

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Mr. Disco

Two can play this game. In fact, everyone should join in!!!

1. Never said anyone to make it illegal.
    2. How the fuck do you expect me to kill a deer when I'm going hunting for food? People are gonna kill people too. Don't just brush off a point like it is retarded because you hate that I made it. Modern crossbows are the next best thing to a gun if you had no guns. Imagine someone was the only one in the entire world with a gun, how do you plan on killing them? I'd go for a crossbow first.
    3. Teens can't buy pistols. So if they have one, it must be illegal. And no, I don't think we should. I said that we should make guns harder to obtain.
    4. It's pretty simple, it means what it says. Do I have this big solution for it? No, I don't. I don't know how that shit works.
    5. I mean....it is our right to keep guns. (Patriotism aside, since such weapon exists I'd like to own one for myself and use it for protection if needed. It's like how I drive a pickup truck, I own it because I have a use for its when needed. )

guns don't kill people! people kill people.

18. Juice Juice™

Besides the years of materials showing us that it takes both nature and nurture to create a person. It's why some children start religious and change religions, or turn atheist, while others start atheist and find religion. 'Predisposition' is the EXACT way to describe it, on a base, subconscious level. Now obviously "Teach Kids not to be Criminals" is the correct sentiment, but it's not enough. You will never get rid of criminal behavior through that method alone, and talking about it like that's all it takes is stupid. Humans are far to varied for such simple thinking to work.

Poison is only efficient in a controlled environment, and it often won't be the least expensive. Guns easily have you beat because they can be used outside of a controlled environment, and in one, there are few poisons that can cause instantaneous death at a cheaper rate than a single bullet.

I actually agree with you a little here, but how 'bout this: We have the structure and social integrity to manage this problem and even erase it, almost completely, but we don't. The very fact we can be compared to North Korea and Iran in such matters, and not have it be a fallacious comparison, is problem in and of itself.

19. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I’m not going to say it again, comments like this are absolutely unacceptable, and unwelcome here.

Discuss it all you want- but do so civilly, even if you disagree with each other’s opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Juice Juice™

So its fine of someone directs their comments against an entire group of people of which I am a part of, but if I point it out to them directly, it's not? Saverick has pointed out again and again exactly what they think of white people and americans, but I guess racism is fine so long as it's broad and generalized.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.