Gratitude.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Acnologia, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Hey. Acno here. Figured Off-Topic was the best place for this.
    I'm your average internet user. I come on, have fun, laugh a bit, rage a bit, leave and then sleep.
    I decided to use that time as a service to this community a long time ago, and so I have.
    Most of you probably know me as the cringe guy from the Shoutbox that somehow got moderator a few months ago, and that is the truth, with a lot hidden behind it.
    I came here in the Diwali season of November'2015. And boy, did I have a lot of fun. For the first time in my entire time on the internet, I felt comfortable playing with strangers. I played for a while, not knowing a single thing about the rules, only for fun and laughs. I made a lot of friends and after a while, met a certain moderator who gave me the inspiration to come here on the forums and help out in my own way.
    All the while, I was battling depression. My way to let it out, or an outlet, was being a troll and cringe ( I still do that but more in my own way now haha).
    I probably made a few people hate me for that. And that's all understandable. Who wants a guy spewing random stuff on their public shoutbox ey?
    So the months passed, I made a few friends, and in general just tried to help out in whatever way I could.
    In around September, my "therapist" (ex-therapist now) told me that I was through with my depression phase for the time being. I probably was in way. I felt relieved and sought out new changes in my behaviour. From that point on, everything was smooth sailing. I was happy with my friends and didn't have a single care for anything else.
    Cue the months from November till January.
    In early February, a close friend of mine died. She was in a different country but I was told about it at around 3am in the night by her parents. At the time, I felt sad but not exactly .... honest with the feeling? I'd say that.
    The next day, I felt a void. It was as if I didn't care about anything. I didn't pay too much attention to it.
    Many events followed, one after the other. None good. Each one more heartbreaking than the last. I decided I wanted nothing to do with anything in the "world". Looking back on it, I see how selfish of an act it was, but I did it anyways. What would you do if you were in a position like that.
    So that happened. In late March, I was told I have "bipolar disorder". I didn't know what it was, but I was to be given therapy immediately for it. Pretty hard to get somewhere with a broken leg, arm and not being able to talk, but I did it. It was more for my family than for myself.
    I got therapy, and in the midst of it, felt something that I hadn't ever felt before. Gratitude. What a strange word. I owe my life to the people that oversaw my progress in the short two-week hiatus I took from the rest of the world.
    I came back, and got back to business. I made what I now call my "real friends". People that I actually care about, from my heart. You people know who you are. After a while, I got the opportunity at last to serve the community as a moderator.
    I've made this as a sign or gratitude from my side. I'm thankful for everything, sincerely. I can't say it all in just a post that has a 10k character limit, but I hope you realize just how much. And also as an apology.
    I'm sincerely sorry for the people whom I've hurt, backstabbed and insulted out of spite or with no reason at all. That's my fault, honestly. Not yours.
    This community means a lot to me. And I hope we can continue to make it as important to others as it has been to me.
    [​IMG]

• Friendly x 23
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Didn't read but I +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

so uhm

whats the purpose of this post

anyways i rated it creative cause its well written

4. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

You're great acno.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I think its safe to speak for everybody when I say you got us Acno.
    I might not be a close friend of yours but ive sure always considered you a friend. And the fact that you had the will to make a post like this which nobody demanded really raises my respect for you.
    You a brother man. Take care.

6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

You're on of the few who remembers toxic vip+ tylerjosephhenry.
    You've been a pretty cool person from the start, keep doing you my guy.

8. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

"I'm your average internet user."

normieeeeeeeeee

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Tybe

Tybe VIP

I haven't gotten to know you all that much as far as a moderator goes, but I have gotten to know that you're a pretty swell mod. <3

10. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I was gonna post that when I read the thing but have a winner for beating me to it.

Also @Acnologia ... I dunno, hit me up so we can make bad jokes or shoot the shit :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Nice post, also, same applies to you, I miss you ;-;

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

or People just want to escape real life.

@Acno Just stay cool man