Art Graphic Arts/Design Assignment (NoX)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Wendy, May 10, 2018.

?

Which is the better Poster?

Poll closed May 17, 2018.
  1. Poster No Quote

60.0%
  2. Poster Yes Quote

40.0%
  1. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

Hey there lads, I need your help again
    Well I finished my Graphic Arts/Design Assignment which includes both a A3 Poster and DVD Cover.
    So here's the catch I need advice on 2 of my posters and tell me which is better, also I would love to hear some feedback.

Also asking for some help here, the DVD Cover should include the languages and small text on the back, where can I find that?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks,

-NoX

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Small tip, since I do a lot of vector art n shit. Define the neck and give it a different shade than the chin and face etc. vector art is supposed to be plain but you need to define sections well. Doesnt even have to be a completely different shade, just a bit darker. Right now he looks like his face runs down to his tie.

edit: you also have some clipping under the tie. its distracting. I know its stupid but eh whatevs. Apart from that it looks nice :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

4. sam(antha)

sam(antha) Salty Spittoon Banned VIP

you'll want to look at the lighting on the second poster again. the strong shadow is coming from the same side of the spotlight which doesn't really work. i don't know if a yellow light is the best idea either, but that's up to you to play around with. you should also consider how you want the eye to move through the piece. right now it kind of leads in an L shape from the top of the cone of light to the hand of the shadow and it might be better if you find a way to lead your eye to important information like the title.

edit: also will probably want to figure out if you want a complementary colour scheme or analogous colour scheme. it makes a big difference.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

Sorry, for some reason i recieved no notifications for this, anyways big update. I didn't like the poster so I re did it. Thanks for your advice.

Yeah a bit too late since I have already submitted my work, but yeah I agree that the light doesn't make sense.
    Yeah I have re did it and here's the updated version :
    Apologies for late response, but was busy with school atm, and didn't recieve any notifications either.

and for the DVD Cover, I found a solution and finished it up.
    - <3 NoX