Dev Gmod Black&Blue Skin

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Yatty ☄️, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

So I decided to make a thing, so I made a thing. It makes your gmod look pretty.

I'll be updating this addon as time goes on and fixing any bugs as the arise.

Main features of this addon:
    • Black and blue layout is easier on the eyes and great for night time gaming!
    • Nicer font layout for those that have tiny/unreadable gmod fonts
    • Noticeably bigger chat for reading those important messages without obstructing the player's vision

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before:[​IMG]
    After:[​IMG]
    After Downloading you should have a file like this.
    [​IMG]
    So now onto getting to your Gmod Folder~

First you'll want to right click Gmod on steam and click Properties.
    [​IMG]

After that you'll want to click on the Local Files tab and click on Browse Local Files
    [​IMG]

After clicking that it should open up your GarrysMod folder, next you'll want to open up the garrysmod folder as shown here
    [​IMG]
    It should open up to something like this
    [​IMG]
    Now copy the contents of the zip file over to your garrysmod folder. If done correctly you should be prompted with a menu like this:
    [​IMG]
    Click replace and that's all you have to do.

Congratz you installed the addon!(y)
    Currently the only way to uninstall it is by deleting the Resource folder in your garrysmod folder here and then verifying the game cache to redownload the resource folder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

V1.3 - Removed Auto installer, reduced file size, moved the filter box above the chat box instead of to the side(Will update the panel again here soon)
    V1.2 - Modified Chat box and move filter box to a normal location
    V1.1 - Increased Chat box height and placement
    It should be bug free but let me know if you find any bugs with the font or script errors of any kind.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like x 6
    • Useful x 4
    • Creative x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

Can you please provide a link to the .res files themselves? I don't like the idea of running an executable just to copy a few files.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yatty ☄️

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Wait, how do I mount it?

5. Yatty ☄️

If you are using the .rar method you want to move the resource folder into your garrysmod folder.

6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

hot

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. You should delete the unneeded TF2 files, there is a lot of them and they take up a lot of file space.

8. Yatty ☄️

I plan on making a update here soon to optimize the size as well as fix a possible glitch.

9. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I like it so far, keep it up, @Yatty !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Yatty ☄️

It seems you changed your language setting.

If you click right here and click on the English flag you can change the text back to English.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Thank you! That worked. I feel so stupid now

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Yatty ☄️

*BOOP*

Version 1.3 Updates - Removed Auto installer, reduced file size, moved the filter box above the chat box instead of to the side(Will update the panel again here soon).

shameless bump :oops:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

I installed it.
    Works perfectly.

Thanks a lot Yatty! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Can I have a custom skin too?
    I just wanna ask? What Download time should it finished the file though?

16. Yatty ☄️

Custom source skins are not all that easy to customize and I really can't do too much with it. Nor am I really taking personal requests. Sorry bud.

I'm not sure what you are trying to ask here, but the download size is small so it shouldn't take you any longer than a minute at most.

17. Dr.Death

Dr.Death VIP Silver

Don't know what I did wrong when downloading it but it broke my steam, whenever steam is open garrysmod has to be running, even when garrysmod is open and I'm on it steam keeps trying to open more, which makes it so I can't tab out and is pretty much destroying my computer whenever steam is open.

18. Yatty ☄️

Follow the uninstall guide and remove it. If you are still having the problem I don't think it's my addon.

19. Dr.Death

Dr.Death VIP Silver

I uninstalled it and the problem is gone, I probably just did something wrong in downloading it.

20. Yatty ☄️

That's strange. Maybe you dropped it in the wrong folder.