Give /home and /tpa a cost

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Azure, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I don't like this idea because everybody ends up with a ton of redstone. It would only ever effect new players who don't have a lot of resources, and like people said above, would just take up inventory space. I do like the idea of making teleportation harder, but the only thing this would do is mildly inconvenience players.

Maybe instead of a command, there is some kind of block you can build that teleports you when standing on it, or enables teleportation? Or some kind of consumable item? Redstone and lapis is simply easy to get.

2. I'm against having a cost to get to my house. Especially considering that I've built it so teleportation is the only way one can get inside it. I made it that way since I don't want anything to do with PvP.

I'd be cool with Python's idea of making it so you can't teleport in combat. Seems fair enough to me

3. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Now that I think about it, The fact that if the /warp command didnt cost anything yet we had to pay to get back to where we were it makes going to the market pointless imo. I like the idea of us paying a certain amount of currency/blocks/ore/ingots/etc for using certain commands but it shouldn't be enforced anytime soon imo.

4. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I don't think a cost is a good idea, but with the night PvP only plugin a solution like this could be put in place.

Any time a player kills someone at night, tpa warp and home are disabled until morning. This change would have no effect on peaceful players, and it makes attackers more vulnerable when they have to go through the entire night around other attackers before they can warp to safety.

Thoughts?

5. I'd say you make a Command where it opens a Menu where you can put Redstone in and it "charges" the TP, so whenever you want to TP it takes a bit Redstone away from the Menu. So you don't need to carry it in the Inventory (You can ONLY put Redstone in the Menu).

6. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

I don't want a fucking cost on /home and /tpa so many times I forget a meterial in my main home and have to go back so I can build in my second home. And when I'm bored I just want to tpa to a lot of players. This is a shit suggestion that make things unfun just because of pvp again.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

If we do add this (-1 btw) add a /tpcurrency a hopper sized inventory where we put redstone, or maybe enderpearls.
    1 enderpearl works for up to 1.5k blocks and it makes the enderpearls stack to 64 (plugins could do the stacking in the hopper only and not in player inventories.) meaning it would max take 20 enderpearls to tp the whole map distance. /spawn, /warp, and /rip do not take enderpearls. /home has a 50% less cost meaning you can tp a max of 3k blocks in a /home tp.

8. 069911039666
    Thats what I said ;_;

9. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I just defined it, expanded your post

10. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

The problem is how do we determine the cost from the market or spawn? Making it a flat rate makes a lot of it pointless, because people would just warp before tpaing

11. Alchemized

Alchemized Why do nuns like swiss cheese? It's hole-y. VIP Emerald

I would only support the reagent cost if we had an extra inventory slot specifically for that reagent.

I would support a cooldown timer though, so you can't spam it. <even though I love to do that>