Give Donators Access to Forum Perks

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This will just hit that higher level of reasons to donate -- certainly will give incentive to those who spend more time on the forums than in-game

A couple things to spitball (rank for them to be determined):
    • Edit custom titles (no real reason for only mods to be allowed access to this function)
    • Increase avatar file sizes
    • Have gif avatars
    • Name changes (this is currently free, but we could make it Supporter+) This is [​IMG]
    • Allow monthly ranks to have access to their own subforum (e.g. VIP+ and Elite) for that month -- used to have in a prior small community, was hardly used but still neat
    • Ability to add more pictures to posts/sigs in spoilers (e.g. +1 for supporter, +2 for VIP, +3 for VIP+, etc.)
    • Access to a block feature *cough*bump*cough*
    Again, these are just spitballs, but you get the idea. Feel free to suggest more in the comments

before you link it, yes I saw your thread, @Carned, but these perks would be across all ranks, now leave me alone

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Like x 5
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

My concern for this "Allow monthly ranks to have access to their own subforum (e.g. VIP+ and Elite)" is the staff needs to maintain the forum rules. What if they do not have VIP+, MVP, Elite, or Legendary? What about other ranks of similar such as DR ranks (Gold and Platinum) or MC ranks (Diamond and Obsidian)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Probably impossible but I'd like to see a Gallery/Slideshow feature for profile pictures that would automatically rotate Daily for example from a predefined set of photos that the user would set up and store in an album.

4. Python~

The subforum would allow for all monthly ranks to access it. The VIP+ and Elite were just examples

Mods, of course, would always have access to this subforum to moderate it, though commenting on/creating threads without a monthly rank is something that will be determined later on

5. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

-1 You can already have GIF avatars as I have one and the majority of stuff you are saying is just taking what staff get and giving it to donators, sounds stupid if you ask me.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

how about vip and up get to see staff discussion

• Disagree x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Python~

What staff get is extremely valuable, and I'd say a damn good reason to donate. Even though most of what I spitballed in the OP staff don't have at all

As for your GIF avatar, I'm pretty sure at the moment you have to have admins change that for you, same with names. Both of these can be be adjusted so it is required to donate (though I don't think the name change one should be a thing)

8. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

Nope, you just have to size GIF's the correct way. But my rating still stands, don't really see a point to give donators any more power on the forums.

9. Python~

Edited OP to make it more clear that what perks I listed is not inherently what will be implemented if this suggestion is accepted

10. Python~

= more donations

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

finding a good gif thats under 50 kb is pretty hard ngl
    we don't all think that some rabbit doing a flip is a good avatar

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

no to titles
    no name change
    no subforum
    no to signature (maybe)

other than that sure

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I like the titles idea tbh, as long as it follows the rules..

On my old community there was a Donator section, all moderators were able to access it, yet if they did not have VIP or Donator, they wouldn't exactly be able to make threads. (But, most staff had VIP so it wasn't much of a problem) The only thing about this is, the section was completely dead. Nothing really special about it, besides it being an off topic discussion specifically for Donator. I stay Neutral on this.

Eh to the other things.

14. Python~

Edited bullets in OP with more detail

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

No to bigger signatures/more spoiler images.
    No to subforums.
    No to the bump.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Python~

Why exactly? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal imo, considering I specified that mods would have access to moderate and whatnot, just not post unless they had the monthly rank

[​IMG]

:(

17. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

18. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

We could make it so the mods can see all donator subforums, and if they comment in a thread there for any purpose but to moderate the thread, then they can be demoted or something.

Overall +1

19. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I think being demoted would be a littttlee much. Just don't give them perms to comment on a thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

I'm not talking instant demotion after one post, that is overkill. If they do it once, they can't see or post in the donator subforum for a bit, then if they do it a 2nd time they get demoted.

• Disagree Disagree x 1