Ghosting!

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Fox, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Alright. So recently, I was thinking about ghosting and the definition of ghosting. The shoutbox got heated about it, so I'll let everyone voice their opinions on the matter here instead.

This is a debate. Voice your opinion, and back it up.

Here is the scenario.

Player A is a Traitor.
    Player B is an Innocent.
    Player C is a Traitor.

Player A dies. Player A then messages Player B, telling them Player C is a traitor.

Player B promptly stops, screenshots the message, and sends it to the mod who is in game.

Player A is then banned.

This is where the debate comes into play. What everyone wants to know, is that if Player B kills Player C, based off of the message that he sent by Player A, what is to happen?

Is it a ghosting ban? Considered RDM? Or nothing happens?

Keep the discussion civilized. Do not harass and berate someone's opinion.

Key things to note:
    Player B did not want to be ghosted to
    Player A and B have no affiliation
    Player B had no other reason to kill Player C, aside from the message he was ghosted.

Happy debating.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Personally, I'd say it's ghosting. Player B acting on information he knows is ghosting (due to reporting it) is ghosting in my opinion.

If someone whispers you with something like that, I would say the best thing to do is report it and forget what they said. Don't act on it at all. Only kill the player in question if they commit a T act.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Armour

Armour Ok. VIP

I guess that is it. Why should both players be punished for one player ghosting? Should the ghosting message be considered a kos? Should player B be slain for rdm if they kill Player C? These are my biggest questions.

4. King_of_Assassins

King_of_Assassins VIP Emerald

I would be IMO RDM because player B did NOT witness player C commit a t act nor was there a kos if you are ghosted to and you kill the player it is rdm since you have NO VALID evidence. This is all my opinion on the topic.
    Is it ghosting: No since you reported him
    Is it RDM: Yes you had no valid evidence

5. King_of_Assassins

6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

You know that you shouldn't have that information, taking part of it is taking part in ghosting. You still made the choice to act on ghosted information.

7. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

If a player acts on any information given to them via a PM etc, they too are changing the outcome of the round, thus both players would be punished for ghosting. You as a player have the choice to report the ghosting right away or break rules and act on it.

In this case player B, although he didn't want to be ghosted to, acted in a way that broke the core gameplay when he had the option to ignore it and report it. So both players would be banned in this situation.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

If I had gotten that message from Player B, I would have fspec'ed and got myself out of the round for having an unfair advantage.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

If following a KOS [any ghosted info] that's PMed to you is considered RDM or ghosting, the definition of ghosting should be changed to include "acting on information given to you via third parties"

Because right now, all of this is just implied.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 10
  10. Armour

Armour Ok. VIP

But what if player B reports player A, but still follows through with the pm?

11. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

If someone ghosts to you you should kill yourself to be safe.

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Keep in mind, Player B reported player A.

Also, according to extended rules, only giving info is ghosting. Not using it.

13. King_of_Assassins

Anna already said both players would be banned

14. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

imo this needs to be rectified to include both. Acting on it is changing the gameplay just as much as sharing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. King_of_Assassins

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

17. Armour

Armour Ok. VIP

Should there be different punishments for the two players? If Player A was banned for ghosting, then Player B should not be banned for ghosting, because they did not give any information out.

18. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I mean we have the ghostee and ghosted. Still can fall under ghosting. No need to make it more confusing than it is. (y)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I actually thought the guy who killed would be punished for RDM while the guy who PM-ed, well will be banned for Ghosting. Hopefully as stated by some players stated above, the rules be extended a bit.

20. Sage.

Sage. VIP Silver Emerald

You can still use the information with malicious intent.