Finished Games, Games and More Games!

Discussion in 'Giveaways' started by Carned, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Ding ding ding.

Tell me your favourite game and why in 1 paragraph for a chance to win the following.

• Pixel Piracy
    • Outlast
    • Torchlight 2
    • Contraption Maker

Ends Sunday

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

Klonoa is one of Namco's more unnoticed and under-appreciated characters. This game had a cute and innocent feel to it (much like the Kirby games did) with a mix of platforming and puzzle elements thrown into a 2.5d enviornment. While the story might not have been real complex, each of the characters had their own unique personality to them and a strong bond was developed with the protagonists. The moral lesson dealt with how people deal with the sorrow they feel in life. Combined with great level design, an AMAZING sound-track, and a steady difficulty curb, this game was a true gem that gave you more feels than you could ever attempt to hold.

3. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Super Smash Brothers Melee is crossover fighting game that appeared exclusively on Nintendo's GameCube.
    This game is particularly my favorite because of the overall simplistically multiplayer free for all and numerous improvments on its predecessor (Super Smash Brothers). The main improvment was the increase of diversity in the game.
    This time around, there were more characters to play as, more stages to explore and fight on, and more achievements to unlock. Aside from the stellar variety, Super Smash Brothers Melee also featured a great soundtrack to listen to while you beat the crap out of your friends.

4. kwasaznik

kwasaznik VIP

Star wars Battlefront 1 & 2

Star Wars Battlefront is a first person/third person shooter game. The game is based on battles in the Star Wars film series. The Gameplay in Battlefront 1 & 2 is Conquest-based. Three modes are presented to the player: Campaign, which serves as the game's story mode, Galactic Conquest, in which the player must conquer planets, and Instant Action, which allows the player to select the battle they wish to play and adjust settings such as reinforcements to their liking. The game features 4 sides that you can pick, Galactic Republic, the Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS) from the prequel era, the Rebel Alliance, and Galactic Empire from the original trilogy. This game to me is a personal favorite :sneakylove:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

Just like Kwasaznik I love the Star Wars Battlefront games. I prefer the second due to the wealth of content that is seen there, but not in the first one. While the vanilla game-play is amazing and is extremely balanced the game is made even better by mod makers. These mod makers add a wealth of items, weapons, player models, campaign levels, and whole conversions. What makes it even better is that there are so many mods, that you can play any of your Star Wars fantasies and with your friends. Although the first battlefront game had a plot I.M.O

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Average Guy

Average Guy Averageness is subjective. VIP

Final Fantasy 10

Final Fantasy 10 Remastered Edition,(for I was not young enough when it came out originally), was a game I fell in love with the instant I started to play it. It started out with my favorite fighting style which is turned based because of the strategy that comes with it. Once I played more and more through the game, there was even more to love. The characters all had their quirks and personalities and the story line was one that kept me playing until the end. Sure I had to look up somethings for the ultimate weapons of each character, but in the end, the difficulty was just right. Finally, its a type of game that has left a lasting impression on me since no other final fantasy has came close to it, especially since the fighting style has changed. Now i actually think I may fire it up again.....

7. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

your favourite game and why in 1 paragraph for a chance to win the following.

In seriousness, Pokemon. Any.
    Why? Well in Pokemon you basically have the freedom to pick your pokes, the way to train them, and basically follow storylines. With the number of pokemon hacks (as in fan-made games, not cheats), there's basically a whole plethora for me to amass and shape as I will.

8. BigBoyMansion

BigBoyMansion Banned

Minecraft.

Because Minecraft can be almost anything you want it to be.

9. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Half Life 2

When I was around 10 years old I accidentally mistaked Half Life 2 with another game and so I got it thinking it was the game I saw at my friends house. So I rushed home to play it and when I started playing, I instantly got so fucking intrigued even though I realized it was a different game. It's the first game where I sat down for HOURS without moving just to play and I also stayed up till 8am in the morning to finish. Half Life 2 has a solid plot (although I remember being so confused of why the world was fucked up as it was), interesting characters, and the fucking physics AMAZED me. I remember throwing around cans in that game all over the place in the beginning level. I felt like I was apart of the world. When I reached Ravenholm, I remember being so terrified. It had a 2sp00ky song playing while there's dead bodies everywhere, I was just a kid at the time so I was fucking scared. And when I saw the Fast Zombie, I fucking screamed my lungs out. Jesus fucking Christ. I just love how they managed to put a sp00ky moment in Half Life 2 so perfectly for a FPS game.

I also really fucking love the soundtrack.

This song perfectly complements the game, it gives a hopelessness feeling with a mix of "alien-y" sounds.

The world of Half life 2 is also interesting as fuck. After the events of the original Half Life, a superpower army of aliens called the Combine invaded earth and had a war with earth's forces deemed "The Seven Hour War" where humanity fell. All of earth's forces failed to stop the Combine of their invasion. Now that earth is in their control, they steal earth's resources and put humanity in a Nazi-German type situation where you're not allowed to question authority, if you speak out against to any power you will be silenced.

The only thing I only complain about Half Life 2 is the fact MOST of the cut content of the game is REALLLLYY interesting. Especially the story of beta Half life 2 is far more interesting than the released Half Life 2. In the beta, the combine are poising the earth's air and everyone is forced to wear gas masks in outside areas of the protected zone, children have to work in industrial-type areas, and so many other things. Basically the original plot was grim as fuck and I loved that it was grim and I'm sad that they removed most of the grim things of the original plot.
    http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Half-Life_2_original_storyline
    Read this to know more if you're interested.

Even still, the story we got in Half Life 2 is still really great. Gman is still vague as fuck as he was in the first game (and side games), the combine are still scary and menacing as fuck, and the characters are really charming and interesting as fuck. And fucking Gman, I fucking LOVE Gman. I love the fact the same person who voices the Vortigaunts voices the Gman. You can definitely tell Valve did that intentionally so the fans can make theories that Gman is a Vortigaunt. Fucking clever bastards at Valve.

And also this god damn song.

This is the song that plays right after Eli dies in Episode two. I remember when first seeing it, I wanted to cry so much. Valve somehow made all these characters feel so real.

Half Life 2 is the only game where I can say it's nearly flawless. Everything in this game just works as it is. Not only that, it didn't age at all. You can still get people to buy it today and feel like they played a current-gen game. It's that fucking good.

EDIT: I just noticed you put "Tell me your favourite game and why in 1 paragraph" LOL I hope I'm still in :sleep:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  10. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Favorite PC game is Half-Life 2 and the Episodes, way ahead of their time and the story is really engaging for a FPS. Definitely the defining games of the decade and everyone has tried to emulate since then; Valve really out did themselves with this follow up to their original work. No one makes a silent protagonist more intriguing and defined then Gabe and the team, and the emotions you feel are very real and very powerful, from the frustration to ecstasy of the puzzles, to the sadness and joy of Alyx Vance's near death. 11/10.

Console would have to be Fallout 3, it isn't console only but it was the first console game, other than Star Wars Battlefront 2, which is a close second, that I really, really grinded the fuck out of. I couldn't set it down, I didn't want to, I wanted to find and do ALL THE THINGS! Quite a masterpiece, and the expansions made it that much better, the crazy amount of antics and side quests you could do were really satisfying, and you felt like all of your choices mattered. Was one of the first games that I really didn't want to end, completely and 100% satisfied though. Another 11/10.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

• Like Like x 1