Frag Grenades need to be changed.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by AAAAAAAAAAAAA, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

In my honest opinion frag grenades are overpowered right now. They are incredibly cheap (especially for donators, VIPs get them for 10 points) and ridiculously powerful.

What I would like to suggest is either remove them from the pointshop entirely and add them to the Traitor shop OR crank up the price that they currently have by a remarkable amount.

They are very fun to use but I just feel like they should have an actual price for the amount of damage they can deal. :sneaky:

• Disagree x 23
    • Agree x 11
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

1. Frag grenades have a 5 second fuse like all other grenades. Because of this you are either holding them, primed, for up to 4 seconds which you can be killed for or letting a frag sit idly on the ground for up to 5 seconds after a loud "clink" followed by people yelling "GRENADE!"
    2. The price change wouldn't do anything, regulars have well over 10,000 points and would have no issues buying them even if they were 100+ points(which by the way would be ridiculous).
    3. The time it takes to throw a frag, open the pointshop, buy a new one and then have it explode can be up to 10 seconds, that's 10 seconds you can't protect yourself from anything as you are either in the pointshop or holding a grenade, sure you may drop the grenade on death and kill your killer, but ultimately you died in the process.
    4. They aren't even op m8.

• Agree x 8
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

First of all, thanks for actually typing out why you disagreed. I was getting a bit weirded out by getting a ton of disagree ratings but not a single one explaining why.

On your first point I'd argue that if the player using the grenades has half a brain he knows not to throw it while being stared down by everyone. You can pull out the frag grenade and drop it in such a short amount of time that people wont have time to see who did it.
    Second point is a fair one, but if the price was 100+ points (which by the way I dont see how it is ridiculous at all) it would definitely cut down frag grenade usage from the people I see buy dozens of them every round. You still wouldnt go bankrupt over buying one or two of them during a Traitor round but you might have to think twice before putting your hard earned points into them.
    On your third point, similarly to what I said on the first point. All it takes for the guy using the frag grenades is not be a dumbass to not die while using them. And I was never even really implying that someone is using frag grenades as their primary weapon and are just tossing them around every 10 seconds.
    On your fourth point I don't really know what to tell you. All I'm saying is they are overpowered not because of their damage, but because of their damage relative to their cost. Something like a jihad bomb for example can cause a massive damage and kill lots of puny innocents, but it comes at the cost of your own life. A frag grenade has the cost of 20 pointshop points, which you earn back after about a minute of playing on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

A big -1 from me. If the frag grenade is to op, it wouldn't be left like this for the past couple of years, trust me Highwon would have gotten rid of/fixed it. There is no reason to fix something that isn't broken. If someone wants to risk throwing loads of grenades to kill people, let them. chances are you can kill them and dodge the blast radius before it goes off. ( of course if you even try.) I definitely would not buy a frag for 1 credit as a t that is absolute crap, and to make it 100 points that is ridiculous because even if you could get 5 kills with it, cant I do the same with a ak47 or any other gun?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

Throwing frag grenades is a high risk, but also a high reward if you succeed and don't get caught. I would consider that balanced. @Smash did a wonderful job of summarizing the rest of my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

"High risk"
    *Cooks grenade for 4 seconds and throws it at crowd*
    "High risk"
    The only time it's high risk is when you're getting stared the fuck down at by a person who knows what a cooked grenade looks like in the hand.

Bolt actions with cone. Mp5, Vector, P228, five-seven, tec-9, aug, all trash. These guns are borderline dog shit, but guess what, highwon didn't give them any rebalances.

+1 on general concept of change (srsly you shouldn't be able to detonate a frag on someone's head after you open the door on them)
    -1 on what you suggested

ps gimme old ratings pls

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Old Old x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Alright I agree with part of it but disagree with the other part. I disagree that we should remove them or make them only T weapons (granted would be a good replacement for Tear Gas) they have a lot of power but also can cause any sort of kick back. I agree with that we should jack the price up on the frags in the pointshop as Elites and up get it for 6 points.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I made this really long time ago and I could've worded this a lot better, didn't need to be bumped in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

yes it did

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I've seen a video of @Xproplayer using his macros to spam frags, the results of which were utter annihilation. It was actually quite comical. But god forbid if everyone on the server began using that tactic. But, other than that extreme example, I haven't had any inclination to consider there an issue with frag grenades.

11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

:oops:

Someone lock thread plz.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

bump im still right about this and anyone that disagrees is wrong. Delete them from pointshop so people can't get them on demand and cheese free kills

edit: or make them uncookable so the downside of having a loud sound from hitting the ground can't by bypassed by just cooking it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Agree x 8
    • Disagree x 6
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

yea rain me ur disagrees but guess what people disagreed with the AK and SL8 changes too

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. i vote for sgm to hire @Xproplayer to start a macro building service. that thread of his went right over my head and i am saddened

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Han

Han       VIP

Anyone who doesn't support this genius idea should prepare their bitch ass for being targeted with frag grenades.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ekksdee

ekksdee wrath VIP Bronze

It's very fustrating as a player to see someone pop around a corner and chuck a cooked frag at you. Practically nothing you can do in that situation while being extremely easy to pull off as the player who threw the frag.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

Someone make frags stronger. At least same power as the Hiroshima bomb. (Sike, +1)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. each of the little sparks off frag should plant c4 imho

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

As someone who spam buys frag grenades and can destroy 15 innos with them, I agree with this suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1