Rejected Forgive / keep the report button.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by grankee, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grankee

grankee VIP

There is a feature i saw on other server that give you option to forgive or keep the report after your killer response. I can see few advantages:
    - First and the most important according to me: victim can see answear and not be annoyed why his rdm killer is not slain.
    - If victim find out why was killed and accepts that was following rules he can simply click forgive button and mod/admin can ignore report (means less to do for admin/mod, i think they are already overworked sometimes with plenty reports)
    - If victim is annoyed that his killer is not slain he try to find out why or just write annoying comments. Mod/admin has additional job to tell him why etc. so again less to do for admin/mod.

I believe this feature can improve working with reports for everyone.

I found some screenshots to show you how it looks like
    http://prnt.sc/653pu2
    http://prnt.sc/653qfm

someone just told me that there is more developed version which let you add comment why you keep report (for example your killer lie in report) to give admin/mod more informations about this, but i can't find this. Worth to check anyway

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This has been suggested so many times, lol. You should probably search before you make a thread.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

+1 I would like this part

-1 Someone could loophole, e.g. Saying you were by an unidentified body when you weren't. If you believe them, and so forgive them, they get away with RDM and loopholing at the same time.

4. grankee

grankee VIP

@Grace, none of topic give good arguments against really, someone wrote some confusing explains but generally is nothing.
    @Echo, Are you willing to believe someone that you broke the rules if you have not done?
    If you are not 100% sure you broke rules you simply keep report.
    There is a lot of situation like "You run on unid body as a traitor 100% sure noone see you, but after 20 sec someone kill you so what you do is report him for rdm, because in your opinion noone could see you. Then you are annoyed because he wasn't slain." With this feature you can read answear like "I saw you running out from toilet, where i found unid body, then i killed you after 20 sec because i needed time to check toilet, body, and find you" Then you think "he is right, i left unid body in toilet so he didn't rdm me". That's right point of this feature. I know many people love lies and they will try to keep report and punish killer because they are annoyed (if they keep the report instead of forgive - would not worsen anything although it did not improve), but in this case i would click rofgive and take off one report from mods/admins. I know there are more people who like play fair and would click forgive in this case.
    Very important is if i can read anwear then i know why i was killed and if someone follow rules i'm not annoyed i was killed. I can ask admin, but if i can find out anyway what is the problem to allows me know answear automaticlly?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  5. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

If you are a noob, then you would probably be easily tricked into smth like that.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Having moderators and admins as the middle man is what makes our RDM manager a useful tool. If you're concerned as to why a player is not slain, then simply ask the staff member that handled the report; 90% of the time, they will ablige and tell you. Let me list some cons since you think the topics for which you searched did not provide good enough reasoning to keep you from making a whole new post; you've already listed the "advantages" so we will call those the pros.

Cons:
    -Can cause arguments about reports; people can lie on reports or even harass in them.
    -Causes an extra pop-up; some players may wait to respond and cause a pop-up right in the middle of the reporters round.
    -It will delay the time it takes a staff member to handle reports; they would have to wait on a response from two people, rather than one.
    -Veterans can take advantage of new players that know simple answers to get out of reports; causing staff to review forgiven reports even if you think there's no need for it.
    -Sometimes people leave after submitting a report. You'd have to determine if those reports are auto forgiven or if they are handled how they are now.
    -Being able to see logs before your death mid round gives players the advantage of know roles and events that occurred surrounding their death. It also gives players firepower for reports that are submitted against them.
    -It causes extra coding for our devs.
    -This problem people have without this can be solved by simply asking the reported person why or asking the staff. Every time I ask staff about a report I submit that may be fishy, I ask the staff the reason and am given one; it's pretty simple stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. grankee

grankee VIP

@MangoTango
    I'm not sure if you know how it works. When you die and you can report that means you were killed by not a traitor, also means you are death.

It is still Report->Answear system, but additional part is you can read why someone killed you. This doesn't give you a way to lie or harass, because you don't have more options to comment situation. If this mod is not on server you can still ask admin about reason, then if you not agree with this reason you are going to grumble to admin etc. With this mod everything happen automatically. You can read about reason immediatly after killer response and agree or not by click forgive or keep report button. THIS DOESN'T MEAN ADMIN WILL NOT SLAY YOU FOR THAT IF NECESSARY or if this situation have a negative impact on the course of subsequent events. But if report looks like "kill->report (because you missed some facts)->answear->you find out why u were killed and understood that was right->click forgive" that gives admin big clue that if nothing more happens about this there is nothing to do with report, because it will probably results the same (not slay) and both sides agree that what happens wasn't against rules.
    pop-up shows only when you are death so it doesn't disturb more than helps
    Wrong. This mod change nothing at this point. Right now is report->answear system so admin is waiting for both sides comments. With this feature is the same. Only difference is that victim can see this answear and can agree or not. Make it clear: admin don't have to wait for "forgive or keep report". This is just for let him know how situation looks. Admin also don't have to agree with forgive or keep report. This can be helpful for admin but not deciding instead of him.
    Like above, admin don't have to agree with "forgive" button used by victim if he see that someone try to be smart and avoid slay. Admins knows veterans. Also noone is willing to forgive if he see some chance he is lied.

I think that nothing change at this point too. But yes, need to be checked. Probably reports still exists and can be solved even after someone leave.
    I don't think it makes you able to see logs in mid round. Killer will answear after die, so killer and victim are death while victim can read answear. How knowledge about the cause of his own death can affect the course of the game, when the victim and the killer are already dead?
    In general, I do not understand what you mean. Give an example.
    I think it is already coded.
    I ask staff very often, also very often i have to ask repeatedly, because they are busy with solving reports or something else. Also i have to wait untill they die, because they are players too and join server to have fun, not only check logs and reports. Also sometimes they survive whole round, so they have less time for reports. So this point says that this feature is needed, because it will improve and accelerate whole process. You will know why u were killed in the same round while if you have to ask admin sometimes you know after few rounds and if you have a proof that someone lie in report you are able to do anything really later, because explain the situation takes much more time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.