Fixing the M14?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by yrjosmiel73, Nov 24, 2017.

1. yrjosmiel73

yrjosmiel73 Member

In our non-vanilla servers, we currently have 2 autosnipers: The SL8 and the M14. I do not consider the Dragunov as an autosniper compared to these two for its firerate. The higher precision yet lower body damage of the SL8 suggests that it's meant for long range sniping. The severely lower precision yet slightly higher body damage of the M14 suggests that it's more for midrange-closish sniping.

However, given that the target is at full 100 HP, the amount of bodyshots needed to kill with an M14 is the same amount of bodyshots needed to kill with an SL8. This severely decreases the advantages of using an M14 over an SL8. Don't forget the shitty hit registration of autosnipers (or maybe that's just my 180 ping. I don't know.)

To help improve the effectiveness of the M14, I suggest increasing the damage such that the M14 becomes a 3-shot kill or even a 2-shot kill. I would suggest increasing the damage to around 40, but 34 can also do.

It would be nice if you mates have any ideas to help refine this suggestion or something. Idk.

edit: why are people rating this funny wtf

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

how to make an autoshot gun with 1 simple step

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

no its fine

4. balance is a joke on these servers, so no point in suggesting anything