Final Fantasy: XIV

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by neutral, May 29, 2018.

1. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

[​IMG]

Stormblood trailer (Latest expansion)

Hey guys,

A bunch of us just started recently playing FFXIV. It's a great MMO that's not super grindy. And it's truly a beautiful game. There's a seemingly unlimited amount of things to do as well. With all of the crafting/combat classes playable on just one character. Just wondering how many others in the community play. We currently have a FC, full with a house and everything else on Siren where quite a bit us are playing!

There is a subscription fee, but on steam there's a free trial up to level 35 to decide if you like the game or not. You'd have to ask @Carned but I believe he found a deal for the game for only 10 euro for you EU folks.

[​IMG]
    From left to right: @Opalium , @HelixSpiral , @Rick , and @That One White Guy

If you decide to play, we're currently playing on Siren. @Carned just joined us and I believe @giraffe ☯ is on our server as well.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Normally I hate MMOs but this one has quite the childhood aspect to me.

I will post some pictures here. Some will be edited some will be regular
    imageedit_3_5497486084.jpg imageedit_24_4144635651.jpg imageedit_31_6815236914.jpg [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Opalium @HelixSpiral @Carned @Rick

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You can get in the EU at Greenmangaming using the code SE25 to bring it down to £10.50 this deal ends tomorrow though!

4. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    Yours truly ^
    (That's me)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

I've played on Balmung for years now. Looks like Siren is in my Data Center (Aether)

I usually play a Warrior Tank or Samurai for DPS, however I have recently been playing a Red Mage and shes level 65 now.

Top Image - Susano on Extreme, Holding the Sword up.
    Bottom Image - Quarrymill. Leveling PoTD for my Red Mage, but switched to my Warrior Armor for a quick picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tend to do a lot of raiding. (Digging the new 24 Man, Lighthouse that just came out) and currently going into Savage Sigmascape this weekend for my 375 gear.

New Primal Video. Me Tanking

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

id like to hear some opinions on what the best and worst part of the game are. looking at starting it for a while and am really looking for an mmo to sink my teeth into. thanks!

7. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I suggest you just try it yourself and figure if you like it or not. The game has a free trial up to level 35 (or 30, can't remember exactly). It's the best way to know if it's for you or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scotty

The voice acting at the beginning is god awful, for an MMO this is kind of a nice start especially if you have played any previous Final Fantasy game. A lot of what they pull from is from the original games themselves which is nice. Its beautiful scenery and things of that nature along with the fact of some childhood aspects of like the Moogles and Chocobos being there as well. The game isnt so grindy. They have the road to 60 which is very helpful, I got into the game around 3 weeks ago or so and im at level 30. @Carned just got into it and is 10 already so its not as grindy as say WoW or Guild Wars.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Scotty

Its 35

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Pros:
    • Extreme variety in class choice. Changeable on the fly and almost too many options
    • Beautiful from a graphical standpoint
    • Soundtrack is among the best I've ever personally experienced, I'm sure many would agree
    • Tons of content that is ever expanding
    • Exceptional crafting system with high reward yields to those who devote
    • Great options and incentives to level other jobs/classes
    • Fantastic plots, with plenty of it to experience, if you're in to stories
    Cons:
    • It can feel grindy at some points
    • DPS queues (A common MMO problem not exclusive to FFXIV)
    • Easy to get lost in all the content
    • Some of the class/job quests can be genuinely hard, unexpectedly
    • Level sync system enables you to play with your friends no matter what, but you lose your skills while synced*
    Really all the cons I can think of. May differ from person to person, @Toest .

*You only lose skills down to the level you sync to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

I like the game solely for its music.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Scotty

The music is beautiful. Especially some of the night themes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zack

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

Yennefer Venaburgia in her IT style raincoat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Also note.. if you’re worried about your computer running the game- just try out the trial. The graphics options has A LOT of customization available to allow some potatoes to run the game as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Only nerds play this game,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm on the Couerl server, Aether data group. Main Pld and leveling dragoon cause I want to be face down for all dungeons.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Zack

@Rozboon that's fucking hilarious. I played on Coeurl before moving to Siren. Glad to see you're enjoying the latest patch. :'d

18. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Hell yeah, when they said the bunny suit was for males now, i was all over it

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Hey, a fellow Balmung player! A bit of a rarity these days. I too usually play Warrior: it was my first class to level cap in every major bit of content thus far, and currently sits at a pretty healthy item level of 341...which for those that are unfamiliar with the game, is decently high and can currently partake in most, if not all, content the game has to offer.

[​IMG]
    Also the others haven't mentioned that you can basically change the appearance of nearly every item in the game into basically any other item in the game fairly cheaply...even a new player will quickly be able to afford the items needed to do it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the larger images. Pictured in order is my Warrior (in her summer glamour outfit), my Monk (in mostly starting level 70 gear, which is 290 item level), and my Dragoon (in a mix of stuff, the chest piece is from the previously decent tier of armor). Warriors are a tanking class even though they wield axes bigger then they are, and Monks and Dragoons are the typical DPS classes, both with different things to offer.

Warriors are really strong in the current patch, and have been considered the best tanking class by many for a long time now. They have two modes, Defiance, which is their tanking stance, and Delieverance, which is oriented towards higher damage and less defense. Both of these activate the Beast Gauge, which is used for some moves. Warriors have pretty potent self healing abilities as well, and at level cap, can basically spam Beast Gauge moves for free for several seconds.

Monks are all about building up stacks of their combo buff to attack faster and hit harder, and positioning themselves for maximum damage, and have the most flexible rotation I've seen in any tab targeting based MMO. I haven't played too much Monk lately, so I'm not in a good position to go over its playstyle.

Dragoons are hard hitting, with a range of options. They're not too focused on position like Monk is (except for one move, but it's not a big deal), but they can also support their party with crit rate buffs, and even, later on, share their power with another party member for a brief period of time. They also have quite a few mobility options: their Jump, Spineshatter Dive, and Dragonfire Dive attacks move the Dragoon next to their enemy (with Jump putting the Dragoon right back where they started at the end of the attack), and can also quickly get out of large attacks with their Elusive Jump.

Well, that was wordy. Oops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1