Favorite Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hashira, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Hashira

Hashira VIP

What are some of you guys favorite animes?
    Mine would have to be these, in no specific order

• Fate Stay/Night (and the other ones)
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion
    • Darling in the franxx
    • Kill la kill
    • Made in abyss

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Cory in the house
    But really: Assassination Classroom
    Tokyo ghoul
    My hero academia
    Dragonball super
    Full metal alchemist
    Hunter x hunter
    Code geass

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Srry for double post but im a fighting anime guy lol.

4. Hashira

Hashira VIP

MHA isnt too bad, interesting characters, and DBZ SUPER is fun to watch when youre baked lmao

5. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

• Tokyo Ghoul
    • Bleach
    • Black Butler
    • That time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
    • Seven Deadly Sins
    • Black Clover
    • Death Parade
    That's all that really pop into my head for favorites

6. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

1. Steins;Gate
    2. Cowboy Bebop
    3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    These are the ultimate 3 best anime. Jojo and Steins;gate fluctuate in what I consider #1 all the time. Jojo is literally everywhere in anime... if you're watching anime and you say, "Is that a jojo reference?" Yes, it is, because that's the influence it has on Japanese culture.

7. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Cowboy Bebop, Jojo's Bizzare adventure, Aggretsuko (If you count it)

That's about it for me

• Like Like x 2
  8. i tbh don't like anime but if do enjoy spirited away. it was always on tv and we had to watch it in art class too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

If we're doing shows I've got a few. Anything after violet is in no specific order. I enjoyed all of them
    • Violet Evergarden #1
    • Your Lie In April
    • Full Metal Alchemist
    • Aldnoah.Zero
    • SAO cause I started with that
    I've been enjoying SAO: Alicization so far as well.

btw I watch all my stuff dubbed :blackalien:

Shows that I've been told to watch that I'll probably check out:
    • The Flower We Saw That Day
    • A Place Further Than The Universe
    • Seven Deadly Sins
    • Attack on Titan
    • JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
    • 1 Punch Man
    • Rise of the Shield Hero
    I also have 4 other "real life" shows I've been recommended to watch so it'll take me a bit to get through everything.

EDIT: @Aluf I told you I aint no fucking weeb

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

11. food

food VIP

I mostly watch HBO-kinda shows but I like Love is War, Gurren Lagaan, and Death note.

12. Genesis

Genesis VIP

Ben 10 episode 24 "Ghostfreaked Out"

[​IMG]

13. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Cory in the House

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Mate xDDDD

I'm shitting my fucking ass off from that joke man hahahahahahah THat's ridiculous! Cory in the House is a live action TV show for blacks, not anime! Hahahahhaahhhhahahahhah haven't fuckING HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE

---

Anyway, of all the anime that are finished and give closure (1% of all anime), mine's Steins;Gate.

But, to be honest, it's probably Attack on Titan by now. It's just so fucking kino. And all the twists are so good, too. If it keeps going like this, it's gonna be the best anime ever made. The amount of foreshadowing in that show is unreal, and all the characters behave in a realistic and intelligent way. There's never a moment where I just say "Why the fuck didn't they just do this/that?". They always have good plans that you would come up with in real life. The cinematography in some scenes is also great. Help. Why is it so good. How many anime actually fucking have the entire story planned out before it's made? This is a diamond in a pile of stinky poopy.

It was such a refreshing thing to watch an Attack on Titan episode with good battle tactics while Season 8 of Game of Thrones was airing.

All anime posted in this thread by other people are good too. But they all have fundamental things that bug me about them.
    Jojo is really dumb, for example, and extremely inconsistent with its rules. But it doesn't take itself seriously and keeps coming up with new shit, so it's great.
    Steins;Gate is mega comfy for the first 12 episodes and has some great banter and then has some awesome time travel hijinx, but there are some weird episodes in it that just feel like they're suddenly doing a harem all of a sudden. (You can really see that it's based on a VN.)
    Aggretsuko is awesome but I cannot get over how fucking dumb the main character sometimes is with the decision she makes. Dumb, Japanese housewife culture.
    Cowboy Bebop just has enjoyable music, adult and non-annoying characters, is really Westernized and appealing to me, but it's also pretty episodic and honestly kinda boring sometimes lol.

You know what, fuck Steins;Gate too.

I just remembered.

Ultimate Survivor Kaiji is the best anime I've ever watched. It's so enjoyable. It gets me so hyped and it's just so intense. It keeps going after the anime, but it's also pretty satisfying to just watch the anime. It's manly and it's about gambling and beer. It has cathartic moments and moments full of despair.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  15. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Can I say it?
    Boku No ___

16. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

There are 2 correct answers. One is the best anime and the other is boku no hero

• Like Like x 2