FAQ Help!

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Sinz, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

As you can see here, our FAQ is out of date and needs a bit of variety.

Since there are many aspects to our community and a lot more than I can think of off the top of my head, I would like for you, community and staff members both, to ask and answer questions you think would be beneficial to new or curious users.

Any good question and answer will be added to the FAQ.

The most elaborate and best question and answer will receive a ten dollar donation in their name.

*Note: Staff members may and are encouraged to post.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Suggestion for Question: What makes these servers and/or forums very different or unique to the other TTT communities in a whole?

Answer: We believe in giving players a fun and enjoyable environment to play on or socialize in and leave a (potential) lasting effect on them. It's like our main goal or best interest for the entire community.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Times when you shouldn't file an RDM report in game

Shooting a Traitor and was killed
    Shooting a KOS'd Player and was killed
    Killed in a Traitor room
    Called a KOS on someone for a T act and were killed for false KOS.
    Threw any grenade other than smoke
    Killed a Traitor and were killed for killing a player
    Killed an Innocent for a Traitorous act.

These are the most commonly reported reports that are invalid the moment you send them.

What is the 5 second grace period?

After you kill and ID a traitor we give a five second grace period that in which if you are killed, it is not RDM.

Why?

We understand that in the heat of the moment you may see someone shooting and just kill them for that T act.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Suggestion: Someone said that they bought Traitor, can I kill them for saying that?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

Question: What can I do if people are intentionally breaking the rules with no staff on?
    Answer: You can do one of three things(or even all three): Report the rule breakers on the Report Staff/Player section of the forums, ask if there are any staff members available to come and stop the rule breaking, or just simply go to one of our 4 other servers that may have staff on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

Question: Is AFK/spectator point farming allowed?
    Answer: Yes. Any staff member wishing to point farm will need to change their name to include 'AFK' so as not to count as staffing hours.

Question: Can I KOS a player if they say "I'm a T!" in chat or over the mic?
    Answer: Yes. This is essentially calling yourself a Traitor, even though you aren't specifying explicitly. You can also be slain for false KOS if you are not a Traitor and someone kills you for your KOS.

Question: I see a player carrying a sniper rifle and they picked up SMG ammo when they walked over it, and they are not a detective. Can I KOS this player since they obviously have an mp7?
    Answer: No. Picking up different ammo types than what you think a gun requires is not a traitorous act. Weapon types/ammo may be changed or updated at any time. In any case, you may place high suspicion on a player for witnessing this circumstance occur. You may not, however, KOS said player unless they commit a traitorous act, such as equipping a traitor weapon.

Question: I am a detective that has been guarding AFK players since the start of the round. A player was moved to spectator mode and was identified by another player as a Traitor. I checked the body immediately afterwards and received no credits from the body. Can I KOS the player who identified the body, since they obviously took the credits from an AFK Traitor?
    Answer: No. In any case, when it all boils down, there is no way to know for sure if the player was AFK for the entire round. Said player could have bought items from the shop such as Radar and Disguiser (which do not drop on death), and used up the credits beforehand. You may, however, place high suspicion on the player who identified the body of the Traitor.

Question: Can I KOS an AFK player that has unidentified bodies near?
    Answer: If and only if the round is in Overtime mode.

Question: How much time of not moving constitutes AFK status?
    Answer: If a player has not moved, and appears to be AFK after Overtime status has ensued, they can be considered AFK.

Question: A Traitor just killed everyone in a room and left it. There is one AFK player alive that the Traitor did not kill. Can I KOS the AFK for Guilt By Association?
    Answer: Circumstantial. To be discussed?

These are just some that are off the top of my head. I know a few have already been answered in other posts and I do not take credit for them. It seems only appropriate to add them to the FAQ, because I am asked questions like this by players all of the time.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Last one is not Gba because traitors can pick their targets.

You can kos and kill and afk for being near an unided; but its loopholey

And you can also kill for credits if theres none when a player searches it because radar will show up in the E menu

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Wolfbane

Wolfbane Music Has saved my life VIP

(For beginners)
    Q: Are AK-47 T weapons?
    A: No, The Ak is a global weapon that anyone can use.
    Q: I got killed by a T-buddy's C4/ Tripmine is that RDM?
    A: No that is not RDM because there are clearly visible markers on your hud that tell you where, when and how far away you're from the c4.
    Q: I got killed by a T-buddies Jihad is that rdm?
    A: If your T buddy warned via voice chat/T Chat then no. However, if he did not warn at all that is considered RDM.
    Q: What is KoS?
    A: Acronym for Kill on Sight
    Q: Can I talk with my friend on skype while we both play in your servers?
    A: You can use 3rd party chats only if you don't give away info about the current game. Any info that you give to another player that they may not know of using 3rd party chats is considered ghosting.
    Q: How do I become a VIP, VIP+, Donator?
    A: To become a VIP you have to donate $20 which is permanent for your account, Vip+ Is given if you are already a VIP and donate 10 p/m, Donator is given when you donate $10 and its permanent to your account.
    Q: What is GBA?
    A: Guilt by association.
    Q: How many times can I get slayn before I get banned?
    A: 3 total slays through out your play time with the current mod.
    Q: How many T's and D's are there per round?
    A: 1 T for every 4 inno's and 1 D per every 2 T's
    Q: Can we kill on suspicion?
    A: Killing on suspicion is not allowed in this server
    (Intermediate)
    Q: I saw someone prop kill, can I kill that person for it? What would the punishment be if an inno prop kills another inno?
    A: Yes, you can kill the player who prop killed and the punishment will be a slay
    Q: What is Loop hole trolling?
    A: Using holes in the rules to legally get away with breaking the rules. (Ex: T-baiting an inno, while being inno to the point that they shoot back and take the opportunity to KoS and kill the other player)
    Q: My T buddy set up 6+ c4 and set them off at the same time in a very small map, is that RDM?
    A: Yes, only if he set it up perfectly to cover the whole map killing everyone including t-buddies he can be slayn/banned for rdm
    Q: Someone said I killed/shot at an inno is that a KoS?
    A: Yes, any T-acts are KoSable and carry the same weight as a normal KoS.
    Q: I've been banned how can I remove this?
    A: You cannot remove it yourself, you have to appeal your ban in the forums and await for the mod who banned you to give his/her verdict on your ban.
    Q: If im an inno and at the start of the round I say I am a Traitor, is it RDM if someone kills me for it? What are the punishments for my killer or myself?
    A:When in Pre-round you can claim yourself to be a Traitor because the role's have not been chosen yet. However, if you do say you're a Traitor after the round starts you are calling a KoS on yourself and you can get killed for it. No punishment will be dealt to the player who killed you, however as you called a KoS on yourself you will be slayn for it.
    Q: Can you KoS someone for being with someone that was KoS?
    A: No, if a player was KoS then it is up to the shooter to decide to act on it or not.
    Q: When is it GBA?
    A: When someone witnesses a T-act being done and does nothing about it.
    Q: A detective just T-Baited me, can I kill him for that?
    A: No, you can only kill a detective in self defense.

(advanced)
    Q: 2 innos left on my radar as a detective and they killed each other but there was a player still alive is this a bug?
    A: No, If a T buys a disguise then they wont appear in your radar scans.
    Q: I'm a terrible strafe jumper, and in some maps I need help to get to areas where you have to be good at jumping can I use a prop to get to the area accessible to everyone?
    A: No, although you're going to an area that is accessible, using props to reach the area that you cannot by yourself is considered prop Loop Hole trolling.
    Q: If a player is carrying an explosive prop and I shoot the player and accidentally shoot the barrel causing it to explode and kill other innos will I be slayn?
    A: If you shot the barrel intentionally to kill other players then Yes only if both players are inno , however if it was a crossfire and you accidentally hit the barrel too No. More however, the carrier of the barrel will be the one slayn only if both players are inno.
    Q: I was a T and someone used a glitch in a map to get to a T room and killed me, is this allowed? What will be done to the person who exploits this?
    A: No, it is not allowed, however it is not punishable either. We're currently working on a consensus to make a rule about this. The staff will warn the player to not exploit any bugs in the maps as this in a way is loop hole trolling. However, the only staff members that can take action against a loop hole troll are admins.
    Q: A T started shooting an inno beside me and the inno killed my T-Buddy. He then turned and killed me. His response was GBA. Was that really GBA?
    A: If you were there to witness your T-Buddy attempt to kill an inno and did nothing about it you can get killed for it.
    Q: An inno passed by me with a T weapon and another inno killed me. Was that RDM?
    A: No, if you witnessed the inno have a T weapon out, then you saw him do a T act and got killed for GBA.
    Q: An inno killed me for being next to a C4 was that RDM?
    A: No, if you're directly next to a c4 you may get killed for it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

@Mistlebane a little caveat to your last Q for advanced: if they're in front of it and do nothing to alert others about it, or look at it (acknowledging it's there) and run away.

10. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

Question: On the map ttt_island_2013, if a player is pushing AFK's into the water with a prop, can I KOS them?
    Answer: Only if the player's being pushed are fully submerged, because only then will they take damage from drowning.

Question: A player is constantly following me every round and won't leave me alone. Can you punish them for harassment?
    Answer: No. Following is not considered harassment. You may ask them if they would kindly stop, however.

Question: Can I kill on suspicion in Overtime?
    Answer: No. Killing on suspicion is never under any circumstance allowed.

Question: A player is T-baiting me by dropping a grenade at my feet, can I KOS them for this?
    Answer: No. There is no such thing as 'T-baiting' on SeriousTTT. There is only traitorous acts. Dropping a grenade is not considered a traitorous act, even when it is intentionally dropped at someone's feet.

Question: A player put a prop in a deadfall position, can you slay them?
    Answer: Unless there is undeniable proof (i.e a video recording/screenshot) of said player committing this act, nothing can be done if a staff member does not witness it happen, or if the player does not admit to doing it when asked.

Question: A T-trap was activated, and there is no one around except myself and another player. Can I KOS the other player?
    Answer: No. There is no way to tell if a player activates a trap or not. Most T-buttons can be activated from range and through walls in close proximity.

Question: I'm a Detective and there are only two players left on my radar, and there are a number of players still on the player-list. I hear a flaregun go off and a burning body right near me. When I go to investigate, and as my radar refreshes, one player is near me while the other is too far away to have burned a body and gotten to their position. Can I KOS the player who is near me?
    Answer: No. Although you have a radar, there could be a third player alive that is wearing a disguiser. Also, the player who burned the body could also have had a teleporter and used it to get across the map. If you did not witness the T-act, you cannot kill for it.

11. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Q: How do I apply for moderator?

A: Click HERE. Please read our application format thread by clicking this.

Q: How do I change my forum name?

A: You change your forum name via this thread.

Also, something about Paypal ONLY.

12. Wolfbane

Wolfbane Music Has saved my life VIP

@Mr Butters That could be another question

Q: What are the payment methods to become a Donator/Vip/VIP+
    A: The only current method to become a Donator/VIP/VIP+ is through paypal. Also, note that since you are immediately rewarded from the moment you donate, Refunds are un-available.

13. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Q: What exactly is a "word versus word" report? And how can I prevent this from happening?

A: A word versus word situation occurs when there is no evidence on both the side of the person reporting, and the person being accused of RDM to convict a slay. In this case, only if a staff member witnesses the whole situation, or there is recorded evidence, a slay can be given out.