Fallout 4 wishlist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Muffin, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I've been a Fallout fan for quite some time, and I was wondering what other Fallout fans would like to see in Fallout 4, IF Bethesda ever decides to give it to us. I personally would like to see sprinting, dynamic weather, and perhaps even more factions to take part in, but most importantly, I just want Fallout 4. What would you like to see?

2. I personally was really looking forward to skyrim since it came from a goodie like oblivion, but that turned out to be a one-trick pony. If fallout was made in these coming years it would likely be good for a few days and then just fade away. I loved New Vegas and all the bugs that came with it, but it seems like the 21'st century has been a shit century for big companies. IMO, there are other games worthy of a sequel, like Call of Duty :kappa:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Dogmeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Multiplayer, Faster running speed.
    Edit:
    Dynamic weather would also be something amazing, didnt think of that one @Muffin

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I hope to god they don't go for Multiplayer for Fallout...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

More perks, less western desert bs. I loved fallout 3 and fallout nv. Fallout3 for the story and NV for the gameplay/perks/gun upgrades/ etc. As long as they improve on the NV mechanics and put it into a story/setting that appeals to me (washington, new york, anything thats not in the fucking desert), I'd be stoked.

7. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I actually really liked the desert setting. To be honest, I just don't want them to turn Fallout 4 or whatever their next Fallout project is into something like ESO or any multiplayer. Fallout and The Elder scrolls are both meant to be single player games, in my opinion.

8. Mr. Rogers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Well its basically confirmed to be in Boston too :(

I'd rather a London setting, but basically they need to some how top the Witcher 3, so incredible writing, meaningful sidequests, i want everything to have a reaction within the waste.

For example stuff in skyrim didn't effect the world, i'd like shit to.
    Prettier please,
    DONT FUCKING GIVE US PAID MODS BULLSHITS.

10. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

V.A.T.S. I love that shit.... Also make unarmed more useful. I liked running up and punching people but always got torn up from guns.

11. Adversary

Adversary VIP

Creative thinking is probably the biggest thing I'm hoping for. Knowing Bethesda, they'll just find an excuse to make Caesar's Legion a huge part in it, because they were a completely new faction in New Vegas.

12. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I'm so damn hyped right now...Fallout 4 trailer is sick as hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr. Rogers

Dogmeat being in the game automatically makes it 11/10.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Yawn.

Yawn. Previously known as Kindle, Books, Pages.

Everyone here has to remember, Fallout: New Vegas was NOT made by Bethesda. It was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, only published by Bethesda in the U.S., U.K., Japan and a couple other countries.

Fallout 3 was the last Fallout game to be developed explicitly by Bethesda, outside what we know now as Fallout 4. So don't worry about that, @Adversary.

But yeah, I'm just hoping they've learned a lot from the past games, and can use that experience to make another legendary sequel. I am however worried, it will fall into the same fate as Skyrim. People calling it an utter piece of shit, just because it got really popular and everyone started playing it at launch. I know multiple people who claim they can't stand anything about it, which in my opinion is a load of horse shit. Look at Five Nights at Freddy's for example, not everyone loved it but nobody hated it for <no actual valid real life reason> after it got attention. It's happened time and time again, actually rather common these days sadly enough. Minecraft even, the practical legend is called a complete and utter piece of shit these days. Though, I'll be happy with anything that isn't -this-.

[​IMG]

15. Adversary

Adversary VIP

The problem with Skyrim was that it was a stripped away version of Oblivion, with dragons playing the role of the 2-dimensional evil dudes that must be stopped at all cost... despite there being no sense of urgency or impact. It may have been vast, it may have been gorgeous, but it was ultimately the most shallow game Bethesda has ever released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

And alongside that, the world didn't react to you.

Oh hey, you've killed a fucking dragon, can you delivery this letter for me?

Witcher does this great, you do things for money, bottom line, yes your a fucking badass, but you dont have to do boring fetch quest, you do stuff for money because its fits the world.

In Skyrim however, my point above it paramount, you are one of a kind and people expect you to do their everyday tasks? Yeah no thanks.

Hopefully Bethesda have seen the recent success of The Witcher and have adapted the world and quests, it's my only worry, other than them adding a CO-OP.

17. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Exactly, in the Witcher if you are handed a letter to deliver, it is an important fucking letter. Witchers are expensive, entire villages chip in to give them a contract, so every mission or contract you take has serious consequences and is generally a lot deeper than it may appear at first glance.

Something else I would like to see emulated from the Witcher is the use of faces and body language in conversation. I ended up making several important decisions based on both what the NPCs overall tone and demeanor.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Old Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  18. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I think this is a given for Fallout 4 though.

Don't shoot me, but they even did this in the past with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Sometimes in convos people would position their arms differently in response to you, and small things, but they were there. I think Fallout 4 will expand on this. Hopefully. I mean, we'll see in in 13 days ;).

19. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I mean tbh I think the trailer is lame as fuck... That's just my opinion. I'm not a hater.. But I think they could do better than just the "future-past" strobe. I mean we already know that a nuclear war happened... And the land is all depressing and covered in fallout. I wish they would show more of what the game is offering us. But believe me, it looks like it could be very fun. I better save up on bottle caps.

EDIT: Even though I haven't played fallout 4 or researched about it(I've only seen the trailer) I do want to see a strong story that will make you want to play the game again and again.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  20. LeBlonde James

LeBlonde James Supporter

Option to join the ever great Enclave.