Approved DrainBamaged's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by DrainBamaged, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrainBamaged

DrainBamaged New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    DrainBamaged
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for toxic gameplay, however I don't believe I did anything toxic. As an innocent, I'm not obligated to ID bodies, which allows me to get shot for it. Sure its traitorous, but in what way is that considered toxic? I never moved the body to a hard to reach or inaccessible place purposely to get adistriker4 killed. From my memory, the body was perfectly in range to be id'd. I never tampered with it. It was also clearly at the edge of the vent, in plain sight. I didn't get a warning for this whatsoever, so when i got banned for "toxic gameplay" i was confused. Adistriker4 was perfectly able to id the body, which led to him getting shot due to not id'ing the body. In that scenario, adistriker4 could have killed me under the justification that I never Id'd the body also. However, I killed him first. I don't understand how not iding a body is considered toxic. Whilst playing for the rest of the rounds, I don't believe I did anything that can be considered "toxic gameplay." Also, Inkern when replying to this please this thread, please don't close it after your response. I have some questions to ask afterwards, after I understand your opinion on this topic.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    TL;DR

The body was not moved or tampered with.
    It was in clear sight, and was not in a hard to reach area.
    Loopholing with bodies is only considered loopholing if you purposely move it, or it is in a place that is hard to reach or can only be spotted from certain angles.
    ^^^^^
    I understand loopholing is based upon the mods discretion.
    However, this was not the case. adistriker4 was perfectly capable of iding the body.
    In my opinion, I was punished for not iding a body, an act that is not punishable.​

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

You were banned by @Theinkern , however @Doben and @Temar will present the evidence.

Also note, the original Toxic Gameplay ban was a mistake. This was later corrected to Loopholing 1st offense.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. Doben

Doben Party Monster VIP

Hey @DrainBamaged ,
    @Theinkern banned you for Loopholing but I informed him about the situation. I'll be sharing my video and the reason behind it but I'm not able to do it right now. Please be patient.

4. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

I am sorry, I banned you for the wrong reason the first time. I meant to ban for Loopholing. Please ignore the toxic gameplay part. Dobie and temar have evidence of you being warned the first time a few days ago with the same situation of killing players for unid when you were more than capable of going to id it, but instead you waited for players to pass it so you killed him for this. Dobie was on the server today and has evidence of where you killed one player for this and dmged another for passing this unid. Please be patient while they gather their evidence.

5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

I gave @Temar discretion to slay you for loopholing after discussing the events that occurred and told him to warn you for moving unid bodies to kill people, which help contributed to consideration of the loopholing ban. I'll leave the rest to @Theinkern , @Doben , and Temar.

6. DrainBamaged

DrainBamaged New Member

I'd like to say that when Temar slayed me, I asked him following the events why I was actually slayed. He informed me that it was because I moved the bodies which led to him believing it was loopholing. I don't recall him saying it was because I never Id'd the bodies. I even asked him if it was compulsory to id bodies, and he responded with no, but told me because I had intentionally moved them was why I was slayed. In my opinion, I do believe the scenarios are different. This is because when I was warned, I intentionally moved the body. However, in the situation I was banned for, I was banned for not iding the body, not moving it. Temar told me not iding the body was fine, except moving it was not.

7. Doben

Doben Party Monster VIP

Hi again

Here is the deathscene of your kill:

From the deathscene I see that you are checking that unidentified body and doing nothing for it and staying on the platform as you are. Then when the other player joins you, you are starting to shoot at the player for not identifying it. So in other words, it looks like you were aware of that unidentified body and did nothing, further, you waited someone to pass it to kill them. Even you didn't check the body again to see if the player has identified it or not.

Since you used an unid.ed body to kill someone and defended yourself as "you passed an unid.ed body", and since you used the rules to kill someone and tried to avoid the slay, it's being loopholing. As we are informed it was not your first incident of loopholing, I asked from @Theinkern to ban you for that.

The final decision is Theinkern's.
    Have a nice day

8. Theinkern

You loopholed. You were killing players for not iding bodies and leaving unid or placing them around. You were warned for killing players that wouldn't id a body that you were blatantly aware of. Because you admitted it here I am going to be closing this and deny this appeal. These scenarios are not different, you are using an unid to kill players and this is loopholing. You were banned for the reasons I have stated and the ban will stay.

Appeal: Accepted but reduced
    Thread: Locked

Thank you for taking the time to create this appeal, if any questions please send me a forum pm.

9. Theinkern

I am re-commenting on this as I have flipped the terms around and I am sorry for that.

Loopholing falls under toxic gameplay as stated in the extended rules. You were already warned for this type of behavior as a player for these offenses. I decided to ban you for loopholing, but I should have just left it as toxic gameplay. Sorry and ignore what I stated about loopholing. This ban is still going to stay up as you were just warned for a form of toxic gameplay (loopholing) two days ago.

But, I will be shortening this ban to only 5 days global. I really want you to review the rules and understand both toxic gameplay and loopholing. You had camped the vent and the unid was not really in a reachable part because of map physics and it forced players up which you damage and killed for. Please keep note of this and know for next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.