Double Barrel poll.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Classical, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Your thoughts on Double Barrel shotgun?

1. Remove it.

12.8%
  2. Nerf it.

16.8%
  3. Leave it alone.

41.6%
  4. Don't care.(null vote)

3.2%
  5. Change to D weapon

10.4%
  6. Change to T weapon

15.2%
  1. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Welp, time to test it out then. See if it's still as lethal as ever. ;)

2. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I still think it should be removed all together. currently, the mossberg can 1 shot innocent people and full health detectives if u do it right. I dont think you need any shotgun thats more powerful than that, its ridiculous. Why would you need 1 shotgun that can 1 hit people, then make ANOTHER shotgun that can 1 hit people even easier!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

But still, if you're hit by 1/3 (probably even less) to 1/2 of the pellets, you're dead. You can't react to someone shooting an instakill weapon, and now, with a wider range, its harder to miss.

4. wolfyNick

wolfyNick VIP

Yeah, after playing around with it a bit more, it does seem quite overpowered. But that's just my 2 cents.

5. Classical

Classical He who does not fear death dies only once. Bronze

That's interesting, ill try it out later today when I come back from work.
    If it works as intended I shouldn't have any more problems with this weapon.
    Thanks Highwon.

6. Talck

Talck Active Member

Its got to much range and most the map the sttt play on are small

7. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

@Highwon, please don't take this the wrong way because I have a lot of respect for you, but I think you're not understanding that we want the gun nerfed or removed. What you keep doing is changing one stat negatively, then increasing another; effectively canceling the nerf. Here's how I see it. First, you made the double barrel shoot both slugs at once. This reduced the clip size which was a drawback, but you increased the damage and range at the same time which cancels the drawback of having a low clip. This is not a nerf just a slight rebalance. Second, you increased the spread of the shotgun. This reduced the distance you could 1 shot people, a drawback, but you also made it easier to kill people who are close since the spread is larger, making less accurate hits more deadly than before, canceling the original nerf. Yesterday I killed a guy from about 10 feet away when I was aiming at his legs. Wasn't able to do that before the second nerf. Everytime you nerf the gun, you buff it in another way, essentially canceling the original nerf.

I think the double barrel should just be removed, it's concept is just too powerful for this type of gameplay. The only way to defend yourself from it is to stay far away from it, and since this server doesn't allow people to kos for following, it's nearly impossible to avoid being killed by it. It's like you added a rocket launcher to ttt and then tried balancing it. It can't be done. The concept alone is just not suitable for the server.

I mean, let's be honest. The double barrel is easier to get kills with than the harpoon is. And the harpoon is a traitor weapon that costs credits. Harpoons are actually easier to defend agains though, since having 1 out is kosable. But having a db which is more deadly and easier to get, isn't kosable. This allows players to just stalk people and wait for the right moment and easily blow them away without giving the bullet recipient any reaction time. At least, with the harpoon, the player has a half second that it takes the traitor to pull out and throw the harpoon. The harpoon has to be aimed directly at the player, or the thrower has to lead their target, or else it will miss. With the double barrel, the crosshairs don't even need to be directly on the player...

These are all my points. If players still can't see how the double barrel is too powerful, more powerful than some traitor items, then I don't know what to say anymore.

Tldr; everytime Highwon nerfs a part of the double barrel, he buffs another aspect, canceling the original nerf. The DB is more powerful than a lot of traitor weapons and is too strong for this type of gameplay.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

How the DB is more OP than other 1 hit weapons in the server:
    1. Snipers: Headshots; requires skill
    2. Poons: Projectile, kosable; easy to avoid (sometimes)
    3. Knives: Close range/projectile, kosable
    4. Shotguns: Close range to kill
    5. Pistols: Headshots; requires skill
    6. All of the above: If you're moving around at very random patterns, you're almost impossible to get one shotted.

Meanwhile the DB:
    1. Run up from mid to close range, then shoot and run.
    2. With the wider cone, it is now easier to do the multiple kills with one shot, as it only takes 100 to 1 shot each player, and, if spread correctly, the gun can theoretically kill 3 people with 1 shot (I have killed 2 and Badly Wounded the third by shooting between the front 2 and hitting the third, who was behind them).
    3. Not kosable.
    4. Most maps have corridors, and when you're alone you basically have no chance to react (anywhere really, but when you're in courtyards and such with other people, sometimes the T doesn't dare kill you).
    5. Even if you're moving at random patterns, if the guy gets close to you, you're fucked.
    6. Contrary to popular belief, the reload isn't that long. It's about 3.33 seconds or (most likely, with the evidence I have) even less. If you shoot a guy, hide behind a corner, you can easily reload to kill the second guy that's running after his buddy's killer, e.g. you.

EDIT: I forgot to say, you can stop the reload at 1 bullet in the barrel, so you can shoot another person in less than 2 seconds.

Possible Fixes:
    1. Make it a T weap.
    Makes it so that the gun is kosable, which AT LEAST gives you some time to react when the guy pulls out his DB to shoot you. Also makes its availability a lot lower.

2. Make it a D weap.
    Gives the D's the firepower to kill ONE person at a time, for hunting Ts with DNA. You aren't gonna go on a rampage, and so it's perfect for potshots on singular Ts with DNA. Also makes its availability a lot lower.

3. Remove it from pointshop and spawn 1-2 per map.
    Makes it so that there are a lot less DBs for innos to get and destroy people who start shooting/for Ts to get and destroy people.

4. Adjust the body damage values.
    Right now, basically, if you're hit ANYWHERE by (at worst) 30% of pellets on your body, you're dead. Anywhere, be it your hands, your legs, your feet, your chest. The only reasonable damage value is shooting the guy in the head, which would guarantee a kill.

5. Remove it completely.
    I have seen a lot of people leave the server, complaining of just getting owned in 1 shot by random people, both when they're Inno and a T. It's left a negative impact on the server after it was added, a lot of players who once VOTED for the gun to NOT be nerfed, now wish otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

^^^^ agreed

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Lol that tldr needed another tldr

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

The Double Barrel is still very powerful but it's manageable now. I find that I can be more deadly up close with a weapon such as the P90, because I can spray it at 2-3 people up close while the DB can only now kill one person at a time. Maybe 2 if you're lucky. Yes, that single kill is guaranteed, but it's the only kill you'll make until you reload again, while for other weapons, I can get 2-3 kills up close with a single clip.

12. Killamarshall

But you will get a reaction out of the players. With the Db you get that 1-2 kills with no chance of a fightback even if they are staring you in the face with a p90 or similar weapon the player will get a shot or 2 in ATLEAST before they die if they are looking at you or in many cases i have been shot down to 5 health dodge out of the way and win. There is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER to do that against a Db. Especially since you can load the gun with one round and shoot in a 1.5-2 second reload time and it fires the same as if it had 2 rounds

13. juniorrr

juniorrr Supporter

DB still hella dumb, needs a hard nerf or be removed completely , you just have no chance of fighting back, at least with a harpoon/knife you can react to that.

14. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

What @Killamarshall said is on point. You keep trying to justify the DB simply because it only guarantees one kill. For all other weapons no kill is guaranteed unless you get a headshot. If you were shot by a P90 you can call out the guy who shot you as you actually have a reaction time. The DB gives no reaction time. Being "manageable" doesn't mean it isn't OP. The DB again kills in one(two) shot anywhere on the body, which is simply bullcrap. And seeing as only VIPs get a chance to use it (very low random spawn rate), it makes the server feel pay to win.

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This isn't true. You can purchase the DB in the point shop for a reasonable amount of points.

16. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

Hmm, I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

Edit: But it's not if everyone has the points to spend on a DB every round, such as the VIPs who easily get it with their create a class.

17. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

DB shotgun costs like 50 points for non VIPs to buy. Not that much at all.

18. Killamarshall

The gun is still OP and ruins jihads and other t weapons. The second a harpoon is pulled out if your within 10 feet of a DB and your seen then your dead

19. MtnDewBunney

MtnDewBunney Regular Member

I am sure their is a million post on this but DB way to op need's to be nerfed or even only t weapon because you can hit anyone in anywhere and it is a one shot witch is crazy their is no chance that your going to kill a t if they have the db ​

20. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Moving this over to the double barrel post in suggestions.