Double Barrel poll.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Classical, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Your thoughts on Double Barrel shotgun?

1. Remove it.

12.8%
  2. Nerf it.

16.8%
  3. Leave it alone.

41.6%
  4. Don't care.(null vote)

3.2%
  5. Change to D weapon

10.4%
  6. Change to T weapon

15.2%
  1. wolfyNick

wolfyNick VIP

The gun itself isn't too bad. But even though it has one shot, it reloads relatively quickly. You can shoot, and duck around a corner, shoot again, etc. It also apparently can kill 2 full health people at the same time with 1 shot while fully loaded.

2. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I'm gonna start looking for a different ttt server to play on, this double barrel is ruining the game for me. I was a detective with full health and armor and got shot in the body, 1-hit-ko. Pretty much if you are alone in a room with someone who has a doublebarrel, you die. No matter what. No reaction time. If someone cant kill you with a doublebarrel while you 2 are alone, they shouldn't be playing fps games and should be ashamed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Oh, yeah, I forgot to say. Since now that both shots fire, meaning twice the amount of pellets, you can shoot in the middle of two people that are side by side and they both die. I have done it twice, I believe. The second time, there was a third guy behind that got badly wounded. 1 shot = 2 death and at least 60 damage to the one behind.

4. Vivacious

Vivacious Active Member

I voted a while back to leave the gun alone as it was. Seeing what it has become now and having used it myself; it needs to be completely removed. With the other shotguns in the game, you can at the very least react by shooting back. With the DB, there is no reaction or retaliation. Even attempting to jihad a group of people becomes difficult because there may be one or two people with a DB.. It's just become such a powerful weapon that using any other gun in the game would just be pointless. Almost everyone on the server will be looking for or already has it.

I'm on board with @Silent Rebel about searching for a new ttt server unless this issue is resolved. The double barrel isn't a game changer, it's a game destroyer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Red

Oh look, a door. *It opens to a T with DB* Red's last words: "Oh look, a door." When a guy with a DB comes near you, you're fucked, 200%. Also, I just got misclicked by a guy with a DB, guess what happened? It involves my face hitting the floor.

EDIT: Just sniped captain vodka from one end of the tundra courtyard to the other and killed her. She was Badly Wounded, so damage is from 20 to 40. But from that range with a shotgun?

EDIT2: BTW, I typed something really long that explains my argument in detail, its up there somewhere. Since this got merged, it got pushed back in chrono order so people might not have read it.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  6. Classical

Classical He who does not fear death dies only once. Bronze

Well the nerf resolved one problem: really easy consecutive kills.
    However, the main problems with this gun still exist: cannot retaliate against it, long range/small spread.

After playing with it for a good 30+ hours after the nerf it still needs to be looked at, as it is at the time very much overpowered compared to other guns.

The poll reflects how much the community wants it changed/gone (53.3% to 44.2%)

An admin should reset the poll however to reflect recent changes and make it more concise:

• Don't change it.
    • Don't care.
    • Tweak it.
    • Remove it.
    • Make it a T weapon.
    I don't think making it a D weapon would change much.
    But making it a T weapon on the other hand would alleviate alot of the problems attached to this weapon since it would allow players to be KOSed for it.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Red

Making it a D weapon provides the D with sufficient firepower to hunt down Ts. Since it only has 1 shot per round, it's perfect for hunting down Ts whose DNA is in your scanner.

8. Classical

Sure, but it doesn't take in the factor of balance, any inno can pick that up and not be KOSed for it, which defeats the purpose of making it a role based weapon in the first place.
    The only easy thing that could fully balance this weapon without changing anything is making it a T shotty.

Besides the jackhammer is almost as good (much more versatile), D's don't need another shotty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

You cannot be KOS'd for using a D weapon.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Old Old x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

I would at least nerf the Double Barrel, it's far to strong when in close range. You might say, "Hey but, that's the balance right?" and I would simply reply, "No." From my experience with STTT and when the DB was first introduced, we all tend to be close to one-another regardless of the situation. You may also say "What if we all used it?", welp I wouldn't agree with that at all, we should be free to use whatever we like. This is why I wish to keep the DB but have is nerfed at least so it's not so bloody over powered. Thank-you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Classical

Indeed, thats exactly what I wrote.

12. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I played with the Db for about an hour today, recording how many cheap kills i got. There are some ridiculous kills in this video,such as; the starting point, 00:45, 00:55, and the rampage starting at 1:15. Traitors generally get the jump on me, and i continually shut them down by aiming in their general direction and shooting. I can never do this with any other gun. This gun is broken because it does way more damage then the mossberg ever can, and from twice the distance. The mossberg can 1 hit people if done properly, so why do we need another 1-shot shotgun on the server, especially one that can achieve 1 hit kills from so far away? This gun just breaks ttt gameplay. Even while im completely lagging out, i can get a kill on someone who began shooting at me FIRST, while i was looking down at a body!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

The DB now only gives you one shot, with a dreadfully long reload. Now if you miss, you don't have a second shot to back yourself up. I think the nerf that was placed onto it makes it fine.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. juniorrr

juniorrr Supporter

No... you can easily duck around a corner/room and come out, instant kill someone and repeat.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I've always said that an ideal DB nerf would be to make it T exclusive, only 4 shots, no ammo regain, and the damage of how it was previously (only one shot not both at once). That way you have limited use of it (can't use it all round and keep gaining ammo), you have to use it close quarters (it only fires one round so you can't snipe people like you do now), and you have to spend a credit on it (since it's a T weapon).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scar

Scar Member

Honestly just the fact that this weapon is causing so much controversy should be a clear indicator that it's not an ideal weapon for TTT.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. ExtraJuicyTable

ExtraJuicyTable Staying under the radar. VIP

Seriously this gun is really dumb. Like every game shotguns are op, and even if u nerf them it really dose nothing. I wouldn't mind if it was made a T weapon just do something with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I increased the spread on the Double Barrel, its still highly lethal close range but shouldn't be as effective mid-long range.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Thank you Highwon.

20. HiRez

HiRez Member

I think you guys are looking at this all wrong. Instead of making it a T weapon or a D weapon why not just limit the availability? Take it out of the pointshop and make it so only 2 or 3 spawn per map. Whoever gets them gets them, other than that they are fine. But when you have a round where almost everyone has a DB its no fun.