Answered Don't know what to title this

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by TragicMagic, Oct 21, 2020.

1. TragicMagic

TragicMagic Active Member

Picture this scenario:
    Player 1: Player 2 is a traitor!
    Player 1: I'm with player 2.

Seems reasonable right?
    But let's say you know for a fact player 2 did not shoot at player 1.

Player 1 called a KOS on player 2, which means one of two things are true: Player 1 called a false KOS (kos'able), or witnessed a T-act.

Player 1 also confessed to being with player 2. Since you know for a fact no shooting was going on, he must've been GBA - as he previously witnessed player 2 commit a T-act.

Can you kill player 1? The way I see it, you know with absolute certainty that player 1 either called a false KOS, or is GBA via witnessing a T-act and not attempting to kill the player.

It's an actual situation that occured in-game just moments ago, and I'm just curious about whether or not it would've been a valid kill had I done it.

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

So this situation wouldnt be GBA because of the fact that a KOS was called.

If you know for a fact that player 2 did not shoot then you can kill 1.

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Why? You'd have had to watched player 2 the entire round to know that player 2 didn't do a single T-act that was witnessed by player 1 since player 1 could be calling a kos for a multitude of reasons that don't involve shooting at that moment including for T-acts that happened earlier in the round. The only way to confirm it's a false kos without player 2 kosing back is to identify Player 2's corpse, witness or have witnessed Player 2 test, or have watched player 2 every second from 0 seconds into the round

4. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Just because player 2 has not been killed does not mean player 1 did not act upon the traitorous act player 2 committed; player 1 might be retreating because they're at low health. It is also possible that player 1 accidentally hit their KOS bind or KOS'd them in crossfire, both of which are things that happen frequently. So no, you cannot kill player 1 lest it be a kill on suspicion. And as a general rule, I wouldn't take things like "I'm with _____" to be proof that they are actually with them because the bind can be used as long as the player is in sight (this is how I tend to operate, at least).

Plus what noct said.

Sidenote: Players are not considered to be GBA for not acting on KOSes.

5. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Did you witness player 1 witnessing player 2 commit a t-act without acting on it?

Yes: GBA
    No: not GBA

6. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

The kos counts as acting on it

7. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

@Lordyhgm @Lead Vladmin the Impaler Can we get some clarification on this? I have always been told in the past that you cannot deem a kos a "false kos" with your own information. It can only be deemed a false kos if the person who is falsely kosed koses the other guy back. Ihave been slain before because i knew someone was proven, and when somebody else kosed my proven buddy, i killed them for false kos. The mod said it's not a false kos because being proven isn't 100% and nobody kosed the original koser back.

8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

So it sounds like your case was mishandled, but I don't know all the details.

If you witness someone get proven you can certainly kill people for calling a KOS on them. You gotta see them get proven though.

9. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

And the only 100% way for someone to be proven is with a T-tester that can't be faked, right? Killing a T isn't 100% because it could be crossfire or rdm

10. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Stolen from rules
    "Calling KOS on innocents/detectives"

If you witness someone getting "proven" and they get KOSed by someone, they Are doing a T act

11. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

The short answer is you can't kill them. You yourself are already questioning the situation.
    If you kill somebody in game and question the situation it is a kill on suspicion, you ALWAYS have to be certain before you kill somebody.

T-testers that can't be faked are only in 2 or 3 MCmaps, So T's can use their ways to get "proven" as well, it is part of the game mechanics to use tactics that might mark them as proven.