DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Taco_Rocket, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

So am I good?

2. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Yeah, you're good, I double checked online real quick to verify all of the ones unknown to me. Usually people are quick to report malware. :nerd:

3. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

So I can log on to other accounts and do my usual things? Thanks so much man!

4. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

Untitled.png
    @BasedBlake
    Which one of these... God dammit, can't seem to find it >.< I'm better then this

5. i'm gonna help kynwall real quick, see if I can isolate the issue.

6. Quick question
    What can steam guard do for you?

7. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Protip: If your friend sends you a link without any context, DON'T CLICK IT.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Remove the virus with malwarebytes, it's hiding in your %appdata%, the file is a password sniffer.

I decided to infect myself for fun haha.

9. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

10. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Very, very, shneaky.

[​IMG]

11. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Shoutout to @kynwall for sending me the link. (Unintentionally of course.)

12. Steam Guard is something demonstrated by Gaben in that steamcon thing. He openly gave out his login & password but SG made it impossible to get into his account.

It's kinda like a second password that no one can access but yourself (by remembering it) and if it's active on your account, you cannot login to your account from a different computer/device/IP

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  13. So steam is being hacked? LMAO

The only reason steam is being 'hacked' is because of gulliable people clicking fishy links. We had this before with the 'gyazo.org' links, and people still haven't wised up. If you clicked it it's your own fault.

14. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

I just wanted to see the funny picture :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

1. This phishing nonsense is absolutely out of god damn control.

2. Why would the link of the phish be posted. (If it was...)

3. Why am I so high and mighty about all this? Because it is really easy to tell what phish is.

YES. OK. Sometimes you people may get confused when dealing with a message from a friend saying, "Yo man check this link hahahaha!" Obviously you may be confused, however the thing is you NEVER click a random link in a message like that out of the blue. ALL MESSAGES WITH LINKS THAT ARE RANDOMLY PM'D ARE PHISH. If I remember correctly, if you get the person to response they will give you some lazy nonsensical response or none at all which is even more telling that it is a phish. Dont tell this to a friend because they can troll you haaaaaaaard (y). Also, most of us would be familiar with common URLs and if something doesnt look right about the URL then dont even click.

But my god. If anyone falls for

"Hi man, my bro wants to trade with you... but he can't add you :(!! Click this link and add him here: www.poop.gov and all will be well :D!!"

God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. what funny picture? send me the link pls :sneaky:

17. BigBoyMansion

BigBoyMansion Banned

Heh same

Also I got one from Muffin.. "hi bro see this ahahah" Muffin never calls me bro :cry:

Also it tries to make you download something

18. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I would recommend enabling Steam Guard and changing your passwords. Sorry to all, it was obviously unintentional.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. It's an annoying program that wastes your time with email verification, but it keeps people out

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  20. LionDoge

LionDoge (◕‿◕) VIP

• Like Like x 1