DNA on Decoys

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Daddy Nexxus, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

26 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Nay

29 vote(s)
    52.7%
  1. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Right now, DNA is not present on Decoys. Decoys should have DNA present on them.

Edit: Breaking it down since some people don't understand:

1: You don't have any DNA.
    2: You're taking a stroll on the yellow brick road.
    3: You find a Decoy sitting behind a tree.
    4: You get the DNA from that Decoy.
    5: You chase the traitor.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the decoy?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
  3. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Dna leads to the decoy of the person. Just destroy it and it'll lead to the person after doing so.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Yeah but that would defeat the purpose of the Decoy. The decoy is supposed to keep the detectives off your tail not get on your tail.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

What Cherious said is exactly right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

The decoy keeps them off your trail for some time depending on where you placed it. You can place it on the other side of the map and be in another place of the map away from the decoy. It takes time for the DNA scanner to charge itself as well. It's supposed to buy you some time, but not make it impossible for you to be traced with DNA

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

There's no point of getting DNA on the decoy when after you destroy the decoy you will still get the DNA who planted it via dead body/ other t items.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

You get the DNA off the Decoy, destroy it, chase traitor, profit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

You already have the DNA on the person. Just destroy the decoy and it'll lead you to the person the next time you scan the DNA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Daddy Nexxus

See, you're not following or listening intently enough. You find a decoy under stairs, you take the DNA off it, chase traitor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daddy Nexxus

@dude85632 @Cherious Let me break this down so you can understand the suggestion:

1: You don't have any DNA.
    2: You're taking a stroll on the yellow brick road.
    3: You find a Decoy sitting behind a tree.
    4: You get the DNA from that Decoy.
    5: You chase the traitor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

Yeah this would be good

13. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Now that is something I can agree with. From the way you were talking about the scenario before, it sounded like as if you already had the DNA before finding a decoy. This could be helpful since i don't see a reason why it wouldn't leave DNA since holding a mp7 or any other (traitor) weapon lying on the ground would leave your DNA and anyone else who held it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Daddy Nexxus

If you place anything down, it should have you DNA on it. That's one of the drawbacks of using an MP7, Gauss Rifle, C4, etc etc etc.

15. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

AHHHHHHHHHH. I get it now. +1

16. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Question is why, it's not like it gives us a msg its been destroyed like a detectives health station does, maybe i'm just being sumb more then likely, neutral

17. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

The whole point of this thread is to leave the person's DNA that placed a decoy. From what Daddynexxus is saying, if you happen to find a decoy lying around by chance, you should be able to get DNA from the decoy and trace the person. You cannot get DNA from a decoy and daddynexxus suggests this to be a feature added to SGM TTT, which I can agree and support because I don't see a reason of why you cannot get DNA from a decoy. It's the same thing as a c4, if you held it before, detectives can get your DNA and anyone else who has held it previously.

Edit: And yes, it gives you a message that your decoy has been destroyed I believe.

18. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

nu

19. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

The only real change that needs to be made to decoys should revolve around how overpowered it is to place them in a T room. Thinking some kind of new detective equipment is in order here, but there's already enough ways for a detective to counter a traitor in this regard. Not necessary, imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  20. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Now that I think about it, is it possible to implement a timer on the decoy so it'll deactivate / run out instead of having a traitor place a decoy in the traitor room for a whole round? After all, a decoy is supposed to bait detectives (or innocents with a dna scanner) away for a short amount of time, but is impossible to deal with if it's placed in the T room since it's out of reach at that point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1