Divinity: Original Sin 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sir Lemoncakes, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

So by now the people who've played this game recognize that it is one of the single best games ever made. I would like to use this thread both to gush about how rad Divinity is, and post the builds you've had success/fun with.

So far I've been using a Summoner/warfare tank who has two points splashed into polymorph, aero, and huntsman. I dipped into those skills to gain access to flight, tactical retreat, and teleport. Those skills have so much utility that I can't really see playing without them. I have also seen a ton of utility using evasion to make my tank near impossible to hit.

I also use a Huntsman/warfare with splashes of polymorph and aero again for fly/tele. Of course I have stench on my archer in order to keep aggro away from him, and executioner to give him an extra two AP a turn. Since he deals more damage than God, this almost always activates each turn.

I'll go into more depth later, but I'd love to see what you guys are doing, and hopefully get more people playing this game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

@ants in my eyes Johnson also, how is the combat, i really dislike turn based combat as I feel it slows the game, but if they have something else going there i would like to know. I do enjoy myself a good rpg.

3. Sir Lemoncakes

The game is a turn based RPG, but the flow, animations, sound quality, and combos you can chain together really liven up the combat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

can u send me a good example of this ;o

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sir Lemoncakes

Will do when I get home. No shortage of clips and videos.

6. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

This game is an extremely fun turn based combat game; your moves prior and during combat must be planned. I would compare the combat to a more complex version of a fire emblem combat. The story is top notch, with a crazy amount of side quests for each map which are tied to the act you are on, like Witcher 2. I've spent 64 hours and I'm at the beginning of act 3 while there are 4 acts.

I use a necro/warfare melee to tank by using warfare mark and necro heal from damage dealt to keep him alive. A rogue with scoundrel, dual wield, and 1 polymorph for invis and chicken form to 1 shot hvts. 1 aerothurge/hydrophist for heals and freeze status effect. 1 pyro/geo for aoe damage.

7. Sir Lemoncakes

Keep in mind this guy is doing a solo run. You can have anywhere from 1-4 members in your party. You'd have a lot more abilities to play with.

8. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Found it boring. Too much like the first game with too little changed. To be clear, I loved the first game, but was not ready for the second game to basically be DLC for it.