Disguiser Common Skin

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Chastity4lyfe, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

So I was talking to @SALLY Chen and she suggested something I thought was a really good idea and I wanted some input.

Obviously we know the disguiser makes them not have a name, but what about making it so your skin is just normal default skin when you have the disguiser enabled? I'm not sure if this would cause lag or what not, but I think it'd be useful. This would obviously really only benefit the donators with skins but still, there are many times where we get killed by skin when our disguisers are enabled. It doesn't take much to look at the logs, but it would eliminate that possibility.

Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Sounds cool, shouldn't be too difficult.

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Switch the skin back to default when you go disguised? So I dont have to do it MANUALLY?

hell ya
    +1

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. If you can make it as an option I'd be all for it. One tactics I use if someone calls suspicion by my skin, is to change to another one. If possible one that's being used by a still alive player.
    +1

5. ECHO-6251

ECHO-6251 The insectoid alien. VIP Silver

YES! +1 It would be great because many times I am KOS'd off of my skin and also therefore it removes any suspicion because someone saw a person with that skin act very odd or saw them sniping. That way it could help things such as KOS on skins, and acting very suspicious of people with that skin and also prevent RDM (mostly)

6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

+1 even though I'm very rarely called out based on skin

7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Good idea but there would have to be some anti spam involved, otherwise you could toggle skins rapidly and that might break hitboxes making you invincible.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

As stupid as this sounds, maybe we could make it an upgrade available for the disguiser? It technically would be a buff for the gadget.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

So I was bored and I coded this...

EDIT: SNIP, code not that good, changed it a bit after consulting with Highwon, here is a "better" version

Code:
    local function SetDisguise(ply, cmd, args)
       if not IsValid(ply) or not ply:IsActiveTraitor() then return end

if ply:HasEquipmentItem(EQUIP_DISGUISE) then
          local state = #args == 1 and tobool(args[1])

ply:SetNWBool("disguised", state)
          if not ply._OlddModel then
                    ply._OlddModel = ply:GetModel()
            end   
            if state and ply:IsValid() then
                ply:SetModel(GAMEMODE.playermodel)
            elseif ply:IsValid() then
                ply:SetModel(ply._OlddModel)
                ply._OlddModel = nil
            end

LANG.Msg(ply, state and "disg_turned_on" or "disg_turned_off")
       end
    end
    concommand.Add("ttt_set_disguise", SetDisguise)
    Function within ttt/gamemode/weaponry.lua

Would need to wrap it within an if statement for checking if they have a pointshop perk and also maybe some antispam, let me know if this is something that could be added to the server and I should code it further. @Opalium @Highwon @Chai

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. wagwan

wagwan VIP

Sometimes I prefer to keep my playermodel or take it of manually, 1 problem this would cause is people shooting you because your playermodel disabled.

11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Not really, having no playermodel makes you blend in more and less obvious.

• Like Like x 2
  12. wagwan

wagwan VIP

Yes, but some players like to keep their playermodels (including me), I think there should be a thing in f1 where you can choose to enable or disable it.

13. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

I think this is a very good idea but it should be an upgrade so that people who do not want to disable their skin can just disable the upgrade or not buy the upgrade.

14. Chastity4lyfe

@Xistence your playermodel would remain after you have the disguiser off. This is to save you from being rdmed for killing on suspicion. There is no positive thing I can think of for having your VIP or higher skin on with no name, they will just KOS you by skin.

15. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

This could be an additional upgrade perk that could be purchased and activated optionally through the pointshop.

I like this idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Goose

Goose Duck, Duck, Goose Motherfucker VIP

It's not always RDM, if the person is the only one in the lobby (or all others confirmed dead) who has the required rank to be a certain skin, then you can kos them because of common sense. Even if they are wearing the disguiser as it is easy to deduce who someone wearing a disguiser is if they are the only one alive who can wear the skin they are wearing. I have used this to KOS people so many times and always thought it was cheap, so +1.

17. Chastity4lyfe

Oh I know that. I never said always, but more often than not you aren't the only donator alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MythMe

MythMe VIP

-1 i don't see this being worth my time. Also it's rare someone kills you for your skin :3

19. .shirt

.shirt VIP

You would love that wouldn't you.